Nogi

dissapionted from holy tree :/

Well i must say i was excited towards wotlk when i saw all the changes coming.
    Seeing other healer class geting new heals and abilities i was waiting to see the new spells and abilities of the holy priest.

I can say i'm abit dissapionted seeing all healer classes got new spells and abilities which by far upgrade them as raid healers. yet the holy priest gets no new abilty,

i'm very sorry to say: gaurdian spirit is far from being something that buffs the priest as a healer in raids or the raid in general.
    This will make priests be the last choice in raid in wotlk: paladin who can regen his mana, heal raid and every 10 secs (holyschock CD) can casta instant holy light, a Druid - that can CR, inervate, now can also heal raid and has more healing abilities, shorter casting time on healing touch, and ofc the shaman: that wins with bloodlust, totems, "sharing dmg" leaving a HoT on who he heals - and ofc now a shaman can be really good at MT healing since he gets the Astral awakening (every time the heal with lhw and hw a spirit spawns that heals the raid, though can't understand how spirit has to do with shaman - spirit was always a priest thing).

so basically: all classes have the ability to be pro in healing every thing, but other classes also buff ithe raid in a noticeable way (since u can always take a shadow priest for stamina). the priest - that was uniquable by being able to heal the MT with HUGE crits, and at same time being able to heal raid quikly, now is just equal to every other class. even less - since the priest can't give BL, CR, anhk, inervate, blessing...

i call for a change !

Re: dissapionted from holy tree :/

I agree Holy is very dissapointing right now - one new gimmick spell on a 3 min cd...

seems like all the new holy talents are nothing more than a new version of old talents that "increase healing by..."

Holy needs its own unique bag 'o tricks - as it stands now we are still subject to Gheal cast-cancelling and CoH spamming... Fun, New, and Exciting!

Nogi

in addition: now a paladins base amount of holy light is 1k more then a priest, and he gets a new talent that increases his healing from holy light - meaning paladins will now crit all the time huge crits?

Gheal rank 9 - highest rank at lvl 68 : A slow casting spell that heals a single target for 3950 to 4590.

always priest had supriorty on the Gheal - no one could heal more then the priest Gheal - the base amount was highest and priest was the only one gaining +healing% in addtion (talent). now more have it.

so what will happen will holy priest?
    no new heal, no new ability.
    definetly a huge nerf. priest always had higihest base amount

Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher
    I agree Holy is very dissapointing right now - one new gimmick spell on a 3 min cd...
    Holy priest talents? Gimmicks? By the Lightwell, you can't be serious!!!

On the bright side, at least they changed their minds about that silly CoH cooldown.

yes yes, very disappointed in the holy tree.

It seems like they're trying to make being a priest easier...with "smart" circle of healing, and that serendipity talent point giving you mana back for your overheal.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't overheal nor do I plan on overhealing very often. I also feel heal well with my not "smart" circle of healing. You just have to be using it "smart".

I also don't really care for Guardian Spirit. When everyone else has huge instant heals for those "oh s!#%!" moments and many other new cool things. I'd just like something that I can go "Ooh aah!". I kinda go..."Meh?" with Guardian spirit. It doesn't change Priest play style at all.

Hope we get a real buff for the holy tree soonnn

On the positive side...At least disc tree looks interesting!

beta = beta, expect more changes.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

I think the Holy tree is sick, we basically have a Prevent the target from dieing button. This is an awesome addition, now rather than needing healers to heal a person targeted by a bosses specific spell you can just cast guardian on them and continue to heal the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogi

always priest had supriorty on the Gheal - no one could heal more then the priest Gheal - the base amount was highest and priest was the only one gaining +healing% in addtion (talent). now more have it.

definetly a huge nerf. priest always had higihest base amount
    Greater Heal (Rank 7)
    825 Mana 40 yd range
    3 sec cast
    Requires Spirit of Redemption
    A slow casting spell that heals a single target for 2396 to 2784.

Healing Touch (Rank 13)
    935 Mana 40 yd range
    3.5 sec cast
    Heals a friendly target for 2707 to 3197.

Demonstratively incorrect.

My opinions regarding the holy tree... I am happy with Guardian spirit. It brings much needed stackability to holy priests, as the more Holy Priests you have the more emergency buttons you have for your tank during silences and whatnot. It will also help make Paladin and Druid tanks more raid viable compared to Warriors, who already have shield wall and last stand.

You pointed out that paladins are getting instant flash of lights. With Imp. Clearcasting we are getting something close to as good, possibly better because we don't have to waste time casting Holy Shock beforehand. The paladin version is obviously better in Arena, but Priests were already a little stronger in Arena.

Serendipity is an amazing talent, if you could get it now with 2pc T5 priests could be godlike at spam healing the MT. To whoever said that they don't overheal and they don't plan to, you HAVE to be kidding me. Either you don't raid or you've never seen an overhealing meter. Expected overhealing for an MT healer can be as high as 60%.

I do agree that Circle of Healing didn't really need a change. If your raid groups are set up right and people stay together it works perfectly, but keep in mind that LK raids may be drastically different in who takes AoE damage and when. The new CoH might be phenomenal. Either way, it cannot hurt for it to be a smart heal.

Overall I am very happy with the new priest talents. The bottom talents of discipline still seem a little confused in their setup, but hey, you get used to that with the Discipline tree.

Apparently you missed this ability:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=47695

Mark of Divinity Rank 1
    65% of base mana 30 yd range
    Instant cast
    Marks the target with Divinity, causing 30% of all of your healing to also heal the target.

If you don't understand why this is absolutely amazing for priests then you should probably take some courses in math.

Quote Originally Posted by Egeldi

Mark of Divinity Rank 1
    Instant cast
    Marks the target with Divinity, causing 30% of all of your healing to also heal the target.

If you don't understand why this is absolutely amazing for priests then you should probably take some courses in math.
    That skills is not available yet, so cant really count it

Mark of Divinity Rank 1
    Instant cast

All sources say this is not going to exist in LK.

If you think about it, you could drop in on the MT and spam prayer of healing and renews everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by shyg
    All sources say this is not going to exist in LK.

If you think about it, you could drop in on the MT and spam prayer of healing and renews everywhere.
    Guess I missed the posts and such that indicated that it won't be around.

On a more related note then: we get lots of free 5SR action from the improved holy concentration, which is really nice. Guardian Spirit can be used as a "I want to regen" button, you pop it on the tank and let the other healers keep doing their thing. As the group gets larger (ie. 25 man) the +40% healing scales more and more, and allows you to take a break while the other MT healers suddenly get an enormous boost to their heals.

Furthurmore, no other class in the game has a "I don't want this person to die" button as potent as this. Yes, druids and shamans have Natures Swiftness, but all that does is make their next heal instant. GS makes it so the target will take much larger heals for the next while (crucial when the tank is low) and essentially gives the tank another 2-3 seconds of life if he takes a killing blow (which is, most of the time, all thats needed for the other healers to get their big heals in).

And finally: its beta, all the talents are going to change. Priests haven't had their big polish yet. In case you hadn't noticed, other classes are having their talents reviewed, and they're all being changed dramatically. Its happened to them, it'll happen to us too.

I wonder if you can cast guardian spirit on yourself 8)

I bet this talent is gonna be underused like Spirit of Redemption was in Old WoW. (before it increased your spirit by 5%)

Light well, Spirit of redemption, guardian spirit: all nice in theory, but shouldn't be really used.

Lightwell - people would rather you heal them, than them running to a clicky thing.
    Spiritofredemp - 5% spirit is awesome, besides you shouldn't die :P
    Guardian Spirit - also, your target shouldn't die :P

on the other hand Imp. Concentration and Serendipity = full of win.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    beta = beta, expect more changes.
    Yes, let us hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    I wonder if you can cast guardian spirit on yourself 8)
    You can

On a more related note then: we get lots of free 5SR action from the improved holy concentration, which is really nice. Guardian Spirit can be used as a "I want to regen" button, you pop it on the tank and let the other healers keep doing their thing. As the group gets larger (ie. 25 man) the +40% healing scales more and more, and allows you to take a break while the other MT healers suddenly get an enormous boost to their heals.

Furthurmore, no other class in the game has a "I don't want this person to die" button as potent as this. Yes, druids and shamans have Natures Swiftness, but all that does is make their next heal instant. GS makes it so the target will take much larger heals for the next while (crucial when the tank is low) and essentially gives the tank another 2-3 seconds of life if he takes a killing blow (which is, most of the time, all thats needed for the other healers to get their big heals in).

And finally: its beta, all the talents are going to change. Priests haven't had their big polish yet. In case you hadn't noticed, other classes are having their talents reviewed, and they're all being changed dramatically. Its happened to them, it'll happen to us too.
    Well, if you see in beta, all other classes kind of have better tank-not-dying-skills. Druids also have swiftmend too. Shaman's can heal the lowest target in the raid for 60% of their crit heals (which if they are on raid heal, and the tank is that low that would be who it would heal). Paladin's also get a crazy powerful holy shock -> holy light combo in one global cooldown (and their holy light heals for 14k in combination with an 8k crit holy shock).

Guardian spirit is an OK talent I think. But I personally would rather have a huge instant 14k heal instant of something that possibly stops someone from dying and gives 10% of their max health back instead. (Which if we assume is 20k, is 2k back) Not saying that the spell isn't useful, just not for our final tier talent.

Regarding the 5 Second Rule, I'm not sure about other priests, but getting out of the 5 second rule is rarely a problem for me. I don't really feel like I need help through talents with that. Plus - though I'm not sure it is permanent - but in beta right now they changed mana regen and it goes every second instead of per tick. It's pretty hard to run out of mana so far.

I agree that it is beta, and we can hope for better to come. It is productive to QQ a little bit though, just so our opinion is known and maybe if everyone feels strongly about needing changes then we can be heard. That may be a little overly optimistic for some, but it is still good to vent your frustration on forums as well :P

I think you're right though, that classes are getting overhauled slowly, so we can just be patient

Shadow priests got shafted as well our talents aint that great and most stink of pvp viablility

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestdemon
    Shadow priests got shafted as well our talents aint that great and most stink of pvp viablility
    God forbid that should happen...

I'd have like to have seen some upgrades to existing talents as well. Say to the lightwell, where it have a totem effect such as everyone within range of it recieves x bonus to healing or everyone with range have a x% chance to crit with healing spells. It would mean that the lightwell would be wanted and possibly needed for some fights. Cooldown would be 5 mins and it lasts say 30 seconds.

Also, I'd like to see an upgrade to spirit of redemption where we now to get an instant res like a druids to res one party member while in spirit form with health and mana equal to your highest res spell. It would need to be on a timer and could only be used like a resto druids once every 20 mins (? not sure on the cooldown here for a resto) Such an ability would also make spirit form a tactical ability as well, as not only do we get free healing during this time for 15 secs but it would restore a raid member. I've been on a number of raids where having a lock down so they couldn't enslave, or an off tank down so they could pick up adds has caused raid wipes. Having a healer down hasn't caused such big problems, and we would be the most likely class to be soulstoned meaning we would be up soon.