Is their a more useless 31 point talent than lightwell?

I've only met 1 priest through all of BC that ever spec'd lightwell and he did it as a joke. Its been buffed to the point where it's... still useless.

The closest contender in my mind would be vigor, especially with the new energy regen system, or maybe premeditation, but even that works well with the new sub tree 51 point talent. I'm sure some pallies feel that holy shock is useless, but their aren't videos of people getting 1800+ arena ratings using lightwell.

The priest holy tree has 0 talents changed in the 1-41 point area. No other class has that honor. Thanks Blizzard <3

Deleted

Re: Is their a more useless 31 point talent than lightwell?

Moved.

Welcome to the Priest section of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Takethecake
    I've only met 1 priest through all of BC that ever spec'd lightwell and he did it as a joke. Its been buffed to the point where it's... still useless.

The closest contender in my mind would be vigor, especially with the new energy regen system, or maybe premeditation, but even that works well with the new sub tree 51 point talent. I'm sure some pallies feel that holy shock is useless, but their aren't videos of people getting 1800+ arena ratings using lightwell.

The priest holy tree has 0 talents changed in the 1-41 point area. No other class has that honor. Thanks Blizzard <3
    You know, there are 5v5 teams that run with holy priests using CoH, which I've heard is very effective. Dropping a lightwell for random people to tap when they aren't being focus fired is probably something that may not be such a bad idea. 4620 health over 6 sec? That's pretty good. And if you're not being targetted by all the DPS on the other team, you can keep from losing 30% health over 6 seconds, especially with a PW:S.

its not the worst think in the world
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

useless 31 point talent than lightwell?

Lightwell has been changed such that it will continue healing through damage (up till 30% of max health in damage is taken).

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=48087

This change should have not taken 2 years to arrive, but lightwell will now be useful if the change makes it through beta.

As it is now its still a nice utility spell to have in your arsenal. At the very *very* least, it looks cool.

Re: useless 31 point talent than lightwell?

Quote Originally Posted by vitalic
    Lightwell has been changed such that it will continue healing through damage (up till 30% of max health in damage is taken).

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=48087
    Perhaps its just your poor choice of wording here...but for clarifications sake:

The HOT will only fall off if you take a single damaging hit that is equal to or greater than 30% of your total HP.

Vitalic said it better below.

Blizzard's tooltips really put your reading comprehension skills to the test. More like world of Vaguecraft ???

Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher
    Perhaps its just your poor choice of wording here...but for clarifications sake:

The HOT will only fall off if you take a single damaging hit that is equal to or greater than 30% of your total HP.

anonymity leads to rudeness as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by wowhead
    Creates a Holy Lightwell. Members of your raid or party can click the Lightwell to restore 4620 health over 6 sec. Attacks done to you equal to 30% of your total health will cancel the effect. Lightwell lasts for 3 min or 10 charges.
    The tooltip could be interpreted either way. Unless theres some other evidence to back up the "single 30% health hit" mechanic, the fact that they use the word "attacks" (the plural) leads me to put my money on "total 30% damage."

It would be rather easy to make the single attack mechanism clear in the tooltip, i.e. "any single attack equal to 30% of your health."

anonymity leads to rudeness as usual.
    No one likes a cry baby, get over it.

The tooltip could be interpreted either way. Unless theres some other evidence to back up the "single 30% health hit" mechanic, the fact that they use the word "attacks" (the plural) leads me to put my money on "total 30% damage."

It would be rather easy to make the single attack mechanism clear in the tooltip, i.e. "any single attack equal to 30% of your health."
    As a matter of fact, it would be easy for Blizz to fix or re-word a lot of vague tooltips now wouldn't it? It's generally accepted and talked about on the official boards that it is indeed a single attack that would remove the HOT as opposed to addtively taking all attacks into account...think about the mechanics of that for a second...

When would the additions "reset"?
    Are you saying that the HOT would remain, once activated, until my HP was reduced by 30% in general?
    What if I was getting heals in between a bunch of little attacks? Would the hot drop off if a bunch of little attacks totaled 30% of my HP?

Easy, Lacerate.

Good times, I once spec'd in it for giggles.

was lacerate the hunter survival talent way way back in the day? Cuz that talent was fuckin shitty was like a 31 point rend.

No one likes a cry baby, get over it.

As a matter of fact, it would be easy for Blizz to fix or re-word a lot of vague tooltips now wouldn't it? It's generally accepted and talked about on the official boards that it is indeed a single attack that would remove the HOT as opposed to addtively taking all attacks into account...think about the mechanics of that for a second...

When would the additions "reset"?
    Are you saying that the HOT would remain, once activated, until my HP was reduced by 30% in general?
    What if I was getting heals in between a bunch of little attacks? Would the hot drop off if a bunch of little attacks totaled 30% of my HP?
    could you provide a link to the discussion you're citing in the official forums, please?

Also, Yes, we are saying it would remain until your hp was reduced by 30% in general.
    Yes the HoT would drop off if a bunch of little attacks totalled 30%, even if you received heals in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Houndy
    could you provide a link to the discussion you're citing in the official forums, please?
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...508721&sid=1#0

/cookie plx

Can't check the link now at work, but I'll have a gander at that.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's not a great talent, but most of the priest ones are pretty good. I have a hunch most priests are going to go disc, anyway.

Can't check the link now at work, but I'll have a gander at that.
    Here's another

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...57065855&sid=1

Okay, heres a beta tester saying that lots of small hits don't remove it

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=9 (post 165)

and the same tester saying that a big hit will

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...id=1&pageNo=25 (post 490)

In any case, it looks like the days of lightwell being a crappy 31pt talent look to be coming to an end. And seriously, maybe they should hire an English major to write the tooltips?

You know, there are 5v5 teams that run with holy priests using CoH, which I've heard is very effective. Dropping a lightwell for random people to tap when they aren't being focus fired is probably something that may not be such a bad idea. 4620 health over 6 sec? That's pretty good. And if you're not being targetted by all the DPS on the other team, you can keep from losing 30% health over 6 seconds, especially with a PW:S.
    I find it hard to imagine a player with a 4k deficit in health suddenly not being focus fired, but I would be interested to see those videos.

Regarding lightwell, I do think it is the worst 31 pt. talent in the game. It is easily wasted, relies on other players to make the correct use of it, and even under the perfect conditions it can easily be wiped away by an Arcane Explosion or Cleave or AoE shadowbolt or bleed ticking...

Obviously some of this will be fixed with the 30% health thing. It still doesn't prevent people from spam clicking every charge. It still requires non-healers to be proactive in their own healing, which on it's own can be INCREDIBLY difficult.

In some ways I wish they would just make it a buffed up version of healing stream totem. Something that would shoot out mini-PoMs to players who took damage in a certain radius, or pulsed every couple seconds with 500 healing.

I just hate when I have to HOPE that the rogue will be smart enough to realize that he
    A. Needs a heal
    B. Has a lightwell within 100 yards
    C. Has to click it once
    D. Has to avoid AoE for 6 seconds
    E. Has to not click it during a transition or something that would pull healing aggro on to me at an inopportune time.

All assuming that I or another healer doesn't top him off. It's just to much to ask.