Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Divine Protection while tanking?

I was reading the Forbearence thread, and the only useful information I realised in it is that we may most likely be able to use this while tanking.

50% damage reduction to everything for 12 seconds? Yes please!

Yes, Rawr attack speed penalty, but we have many instant aggro attacks so I doubt this will effect our aggro too much.

Anyone else excited now?

Edit:

Minor spelling check.

Major edit, I accidently put the wrong spell.

Re: Hand of Protection while tanking?

Isn't that Divine Protection?

Hand of Protection is still the same as Blessing of Protection except for the long vs small blessings changes

Re: Hand of Protection while tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulcarver
    Isn't that Divine Protection?

Hand of Protection is still the same as Blessing of Protection except for the long vs small blessings changes
    Yes, you're right. I misread the notes and I thought it was HoP instead. Thanks for correcting ^_^

Re: Divine Protection while tanking?

I doubt this ability will go unchanged.

At the moment it's basicly a mini Shield Wall with a much, much lower cooldown.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

AoE Tanking tool would be my guess?

The fact that we use it at all is a big change lol.

Anyway, why would we only use it while AoE tanking?

The option of Divine Protection as a "mini-shield wall" is intriguing in its own right. The part of this that stings for me is that it would mean I've got another 2 points I'd need to fit into my talent spec.

This change makes "Divine Guardian" almost a must-have. Actually being able to use one of the spells it effects makes that 30% damage reduction to the raid very, very difficult to pass up. Having your own panic button is awesome. Possibly having a raid-wide panic button is, well... hax.
    Wow Forum accomplishment: autobanned for using the following phrase:
    My therapist notes my intrapersonal skills suffer from love of the grape.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt
    The option of Divine Protection as a "mini-shield wall" is intriguing in its own right. The part of this that stings for me is that it would mean I've got another 2 points I'd need to fit into my talent spec.

This change makes "Divine Guardian" almost a must-have. Actually being able to use one of the spells it effects makes that 30% damage reduction to the raid very, very difficult to pass up. Having your own panic button is awesome. Possibly having a raid-wide panic button is, well... hax.
    Yeah, it is fairly rediculous.

i see a major problem to using this with the talent while tanking.

let's call it the splatter effect.

say you've got 6 melee in close range, and the boss does some sort of AoE, dealing ~8,000 to each target, leaving you taking your 8,000, + 14,000 redirected from the melee

i would have to think about what boss encounters would involve before taking the talent for the damage redirection :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    i see a major problem to using this with the talent while tanking.

let's call it the splatter effect.

say you've got 6 melee in close range, and the boss does some sort of AoE, dealing ~8,000 to each target, leaving you taking your 8,000, + 14,000 redirected from the melee

i would have to think about what boss encounters would involve before taking the talent for the damage redirection :-\
    The talent that redirects damage only works on Divine Shield, meaning you are immune to damage. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    The talent that redirects damage only works on Divine Shield, meaning you are immune to damage. ^_^
    Unless they changed it over night you might wanna read this again

While Divine Shield or or Divine Protection is active 15/30% of all damage taken by party or raid members within 30 yards is redirected to the Paladin.
    -The world has moved on-

Looks like we finally have a reason to use it.
    Rasputine is right though you will still have to use it carefully. I wonder if the 30% received from other people is effected by the 50% damage effect of the bubble.
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv
    I wonder if the 30% received from other people is effected by the 50% damage effect of the bubble.
    I'm possetive it will. The 30% only redirects to the damage prevention for the raiders in range so you would infact only reseave 15%
    -The world has moved on-

Exactly as i though, so lets say a boss does an AOE and hits targets around you for 8000 you would take 1200 from each target. Argent Defender will be your friend as well here i think, so will a 51 point Holy priest with there "you can't die HoT"

I suspect this could be very good for if your not tanking on a fight, as we currently don't deal a large amount of damage while DPSing this does at least give us the ability to help out by soaking up some damage.

I'm sure someone will make a macro to take the buff off as soon as you hit a critical amount of health
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

in regard of the Divine Guardian talent, holy palas could have that aswell and use divine shield so soak some dmg from closeby healers/ranged dps during a aoe dmg boss like RoS p3 etc.

I might be stupidly wrong in this statement, please correct/ignore me if i am wrong, but divine prot is the lesser version of divine shield rite? Doesnt it act as an aggro pause, just like divine shield does? And if so, wouldnt that be bad bad for tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Smackthat
    I might be stupidly wrong in this statement, please correct/ignore me if i am wrong, but divine prot is the lesser version of divine shield rite? Doesnt it act as an aggro pause, just like divine shield does? And if so, wouldnt that be bad bad for tanking?
    the new version only slows your attack speed by 50%, and there's a 2-point prot talent to restore your attack speed back to 100%

To answer anyone else with a similar concern to Smackthat I have just tested it on the beta and Divine Protection does not remove your aggro, it only reduces your incoming damage by 50%. Yay!

But MikeDaSpike you should consider that at present the talent Sacred Duty only reduces the CD and attack speed of Divine Shield, I dont know if they will add Divine Protection into it, would be a bit op to have a 50% dmg reduction ability on 3min cd with no negative effects.

think of it this way with this 30% dmg redirected to paladins if you use this on a fight like anetheron with his 5K cone blast + a deathknights Anti-magic zone your talking huge dmg recutions and basically saving raids and making fights like these free loot. the only problem would be the healing debuff.

No longer completely immune?