Restoration Builds in WoTLK

My take based on current beta talents & abilities. If you plan on playing something different post the build, I'd like to see how points can be moved around to min/max for certain situations. At this point thought we all understand it's completely speculative because there is 0% info on raid encounters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep Resto Raid Healing [MT / OT-Melee - Raid Spotting]

This build provides very powerful PvE Healing, and great synergy as a MT Healer. At this point in the information revealed and my own speculation of AoE necessity replacing what was once crushing blows, I like the idea of healing a paladin MT more than a warrior MT with this build because of said encounter nerfs. The buffs to ToL make it a foreseeable necessity to deep endgame raiding. With the time saved from GoTEM, throwing out a regrowth at 50%+ crit (added 30% heal from Living Seed) brings a great deal of new play style prospects to raiding as opposed to lifebloom spam.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offensive Restokin Build

Defensive Restokin Build

In short each build although nearly identical breaks down between a defensive and offensive play style. Both of these builds are strictly for PvP (more so Arena, as BGs are more about mucking about); based upon your partner or team mates, strategies implemented and your own abilities (or latency as it factors in).

Resto Balance Hybrid - PvP Outlast / PvE Efficiency [Heroic Viable]

I predict that I will be using this build at level 80 because it bring a plethora of viability to nearly every aspect of the game. With regards to PvP Arena teaming up with a warrior, rogue, death knight, or retribution paladin, as they are able to mitigate a great deal of damage, playing to an outlast / efficiency strategy becomes very powerful in 2v2. ToL does not suffer from a speed penalty any longer so I'm looking forward to using it more in Arena when warlocks aren't present.

In concerns to heroic healing "if" they are on par at level 80 with heroic as they were at 70 one would have no trouble healing with this build as you gain a great deal of spell power and efficiency. Raiding may be an entirely different story as we all know it really becomes an encounter by encounter basis. The nice thing about this build is with the homogenization of spellpower, questing and dailies become much easier with this build utilizing balance spells and abilities.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Restoration Builds in WoTLK

there's no need to put just one single point into balance for a pure raiding pve healing bitch. and going that deep in balance to get dreamstate and moonglow does not balance the things you loose from restoration.

if you wanna do pvp and questing and things beside raiding (especially at the beginning raids of wotlk), it's ok and somehow necessary to get a hybrid spec like 31/0/40... but for endgameraiding there will be only one spec. 0/0/71 => http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...50253135331351
    maybe change 2 of natural perfection to imp. tranq - but this is just a little alternative.

I know, HT will never ever be that effective as most of the other healing spells, but there is no need for insect swarm or 100% nature's grasp if (and thats the way I think you will be a restoration druid) you are nothing but a tree healing your brain out of your head till you ran oom, what will be difficult enough either way.

Re: Restoration Builds in WoTLK

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria

if you wanna do pvp and questing and things beside raiding (especially at the beginning raids of wotlk), it's ok and somehow necessary to get a hybrid spec like 31/0/40... but for endgameraiding there will be only one spec. 0/0/71 => http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...50253135331351
    maybe change 2 of natural perfection to imp. tranq - but this is just a little alternative.
    Imp. tranq is way better then Natural perfection if you ask me. 60% reduce cd, then its down to 4 min and no threat Thats looks like a good talent when every body else gets aoe heals, we can only think that aoe heals will be needed.

edit: Healing touch will also be casteble in tree-form, but without the mana-reduce. So no need to not specc on it any more since sometimes big heals are needed.