Is this Glyph Mastery

I was reading Schwicks ui post on the wow-eu forums today and had a few pictures of the ui from lich king. One of these was a picture of his glyph interface.

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...nt=GlyphUI.jpg

As can seen it varies from the standard glyph ui we have seen so far. Instead of 2 greater glyphs, 2 lesser glyphs and two minor glyphs, the interface has three greater and one lesser and two minor.

It seems to me that glyph mastery, rather then provide a seventh glyph for inscribers to use, it upgrades a lesser on to a greater one.

Before you ask, yes Schwich has taken up inscription as a profession. He mentions in his warcraft beta weekly here:http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....15441553&sid=1

Re: Is this Glyph Mastery

That would suck if it did.
    I'd expect the extra glyph slot to appear in the center.

Perhaps you gain extra slots as you level up, meaning you'd have less at 70, and a maxed number at 80.

Deleted

Looking at the Glyph interface XML files (This), you would appear to be correct; There is only support for up to 6 glyphs in the frame.
    Oddly, looking at the lua files for the same frame, it seems that there are four major glyphs and two minor, no mentions to greater ones...

I actually do not think this is the case. When I log into the beta on all of my characters, my glyph page appears like that - three greater glyphs highlighted. I'm assuming it's just a display bug or such. I believe the circle in the center will eventually be the extra glyph unlocked by high-level inscription.

I wasn't sure to be honest, why I asked.

As 130 is max in beta for inscription at the moment, I think, it makes sense that this is not the final UI for glyphs. It would be nice if the centre one opened up for masters.

Yeah, I'm curious as to what degree of glyph the center would be. Greater would be awesome, though perhaps OP. Minor would be kind've meh. Maybe somewhere in-between?

zadok0

I have the same thing with my characters, some show the 2/2/2 and others show 2/1/3, none are Inscriptioners. Definitely a UI bug right now.

Quote Originally Posted by True
    Yeah, I'm curious as to what degree of glyph the center would be. Greater would be awesome, though perhaps OP. Minor would be kind've meh. Maybe somewhere in-between?
    Depends how powerfull the greater glyps actually are and if 1 extra glyph is the only benefit Inscriptionists (or how should i call a person with inscription ?) get or if there are special glyphs that are BOP or not.

I have hoping, hoping, hoping there are some nice BoP glyphs, and/or that the extra glyph is of a degree of usefulness that will help inscription be the min/max skill to pair with enchanting. They work so well together.

I was totally planning to go ench/inscript on my druid and paladin, and then just have a PvP rogue for farming herbs/skinning/lock-picking/pick-pocketing. Two raiding characters and one feeder.

Too early to tell, though most of the greater glyphs seem to be actually pretty powerfull.
    And the way they are set up seems to indicate they are exchangeable.

Theres ways Blizzard could go they. They could make it so that we have to rebuy glyphs every time which will be a\ huge sink hole of gold, or they could let us just swap em all out.

Problem is that by swapping out everytime, once you buy your glyphs its unlikely that you will buy any more so it won't be cost effective.

Knowing Blizzard they will probably try for somewhere in the middle and allow us to swap out greater glyphs, but the minor and lesser glyphs will have to be replaced each time.

ikillbigppl

Quote Originally Posted by Bunta
    Theres ways Blizzard could go they. They could make it so that we have to rebuy glyphs every time which will be a\ huge sink hole of gold, or they could let us just swap em all out.

Problem is that by swapping out everytime, once you buy your glyphs its unlikely that you will buy any more so it won't be cost effective.

Knowing Blizzard they will probably try for somewhere in the middle and allow us to swap out greater glyphs, but the minor and lesser glyphs will have to be replaced each time.
    idk about that. blizz seems to want to make them somthing that is good like gems but if u want to change them you are going to have to pay to do so. and imo that makes sence because what is the point if u let people change them out all the time. i think glyphs should be somthing your toon needs to pick like a spec and respecing means replacment not just going to your bank to pick out your second set.

Quote Originally Posted by ikillbigppl
    idk about that. blizz seems to want to make them somthing that is good like gems but if u want to change them you are going to have to pay to do so. and imo that makes sence because what is the point if u let people change them out all the time. i think glyphs should be somthing your toon needs to pick like a spec and respecing means replacment not just going to your bank to pick out your second set.
    Nope, blizzard doesn't see talent specs as finite, as they have already stated that plan to implement switching between 2 talent specs, though no further details have been released on cooldowns, etc.

As many Greater inscriptions that we've seen so far (mostly druid) are pretty spec oriented, i would assume we will be able to switch out inscriptions in some way, shape, or form. Weather the 2 are related we'll see in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzlestick
    Depends how powerfull the greater glyps actually are and if 1 extra glyph is the only benefit Inscriptionists (or how should i call a person with inscription ?) get or if there are special glyphs that are BOP or not.
    My bet would be "inscribers", as the verb is "to inscribe a script".. Not native english speaker tho..

As for the inscription itself, i say wait and see.. Someone already stated that in beta is on max 130.. Until 450 just wait..

Quote Originally Posted by Erinfiel
    My bet would be "inscribers", as the verb is "to inscribe a script".. Not native english speaker tho
    It's "scribe" in the singular and "scribes" in the plural in native English