What would a good WOTLK survival pvp build be?

What would a good WOTLK survival pvp build be?

Re: WOTLK pvp

Wait and see.. Were still in beta.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

even tho stuff is still in beta here is an idea i had for a survival spec.

5/14/52

I'm guessing something like http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=cZceV0oZec0iohfVfsxuho
    Mostly built around PoNE & Sniper Training, with Explosive Shot for some BG fun.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=cZceV0oZec0iohfVfsxuho

that would be my survival pvp spec...deflection/savage strikes/counterattack is a must if you wanna stay remotely alive against warriors and rogues.. not to mention that a 20 sec immobolize (you hav to try this its awesome) against a warrior would just make him wanna cry.

start off with a freezing trap b4 hand... aim shot his ass let him get the freeze
    set a frost trap
    aim shot his ass
    wyvern sting his ass
    aim shot his ass again
    swap to scorpid sting
    let the frost aura trap take its place
    if he reaches u deterrence
    counterattack immobolize

aim shot again

now all this is hopefully when nothing goes wrong but basically thats the only way i beat those pesky 17k hp warriors

how does this look

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...31503130331301

anything in it i need to change or swap out?

take a look at the link i posted b4

the current link u just posted has a lot of stuff that you need but dont have.

Quote Originally Posted by Idt

that would be my survival pvp spec...deflection/savage strikes/counterattack is a must if you wanna stay remotely alive against warriors and rogues.. not to mention that a 20 sec immobolize (you hav to try this its awesome) against a warrior would just make him wanna cry.

start off with a freezing trap b4 hand... aim shot his ass let him get the freeze
    set a frost trap
    aim shot his ass
    wyvern sting his ass
    aim shot his ass again
    swap to scorpid sting
    counterattack immobolize

aim shot again

now all this is hopefully when nothing goes wrong but basically thats the only way i beat those pesky 17k hp warriors
    Holy crap this post is full of fail. That is the longest most boring fight evah. Virtually no hunters take counterattack for starters. Then, aimed shotting repeatedly does what exactly? Refresh the 50% healing debuff....thats it. Using a variety of other shots is WAY more effective. I hate seeing things like this cuz its hunters like you that give use the generalized label of huntard. WTG!

Btw:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowiesh
    Wait and see.. Were still in beta.
    Thats the best answer.

set a frost trap
    aim shot his ass
    wyvern sting his ass
    aim shot his ass again
    swap to scorpid sting
    counterattack immobolize

aim shot again

That's a lot of effort to kill a prot warrior.

No kidding. A prot warrior is the LAST thing i waste my time on. I'll kill his healer then everyone else around before i even bother doing anything other than wingclipping the little nuisance.

1. im just giving some rubbish example to explain how good the immobolize is

2. and who said anything about a prot warrior

3. i guess u hav no fricking idea how good counter attack is so just keep yur comments to yourself

4. if yur so awesome why arent u posting some advice instead of your useless criticism?

yeh try being a part of a solution and instead of starting a problem mayb to make yurself feel better in life or something?

oh one more thing who said anything about a healer?

if this is in reference to arenas then well no one said anything about arenas either because its in relation to PvP as in general and the above example was in reference to a 1v1 with a warrior and to further elaborate how useful chain immobolizing a warrior ftw is. just becos i put in so many aimed shots there doesnt mean it has to be used.

Assuming you're fighting a warrior, or a shaman maybe, would the immobilize let you get enough distance before it wears off, assuming you're frost shocked or hamstrung?

Re: What would a good WOTLK survival pvp build be?

u cant simulate a whole fight on a forum.. but basically immob-->freezing trap (if its on CD just pop readiness) its simple honestly.

wyvern sting? readiness? snake trap + cripp poison

theres so much utility at a hunters disposal honestly i think one of the easiest classes for me to beat with my SV hunter would be those melee classes

Re: What would a good WOTLK survival pvp build be?

2. and who said anything about a prot warrior
    You did.

basically thats the only way i beat those pesky 17k hp warriors
    Unless a warrior is in prot gear, you will NOT find a dps/pvp warrior with that kind of hps.

So i can help Idt see my own reasoning:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...30503130030300

Now then, this guy Idt must play a rogue or something Dnc b/c he's wanting you to pop off all your cooldowns all the time. Sure you can do that for a fight against 1 on 1 if you wanted (and odds are beat w/e class it is coming at you) but your much more useful in a battleground or what have you, if you just keep your distance w/o blowing Wyvern, readiness and trap cooldowns on EVERY fight. You see yourself get targeted, you lay down a frost trap and let them set it off then you scatter shot that bad boy and make some room for yourself and send your pet in. Feign death and that player auto targets someone other than yourself (usually your pet). By the time most people are free and close enough to get to you again, they'll be dead and with some nice multishots, you've probably helped cripple any support they would've had in the area. If they do manage to get to you and you've not done much damage, then thats when you'll concussion shot and fire off quick shots and just wyvern sting or w/e and get distance IF you HAVE to and by this time, your traps and scatter shot will prolly be back off cooldown. Readiness is an EMERGENCY ability, Snake trap (though resourceful) isn't as effective as frost trap in giving yourself some distance. There you go, some constructive input. Is my way perfect? Hell no. But as an individual you're suppose to find what works just for YOU. But it works for me and i have absolutely no problems owning the damage board in BGs with a hybrid spec much like this one at level 70.

Best of luck to you @ 80.