Poll: If you had to chose between getting a Interrupt of Distant Closer, which would you chose?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Distant Closer or Interrupt? One or the Other: You chose

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    From one Ret paladin brother to another
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mi...s/187&cl=us,en
    Get the mouse. Keybindings are your problem and i know all too well about them. Get the addon Trinity Bars, you can hide icons you don't need to look at to save space and still have the keybinding in working order. Second

[mod:Non] Spell you want to use;[mod:shift] Spell you want to use; [mod:Ctrl] Spell you want to use

You can thank Moar pew pew for that.

You have options, stop gimping yourself Bra.

You can never have too many abilities lol look at the rogue class.
    Haha, sorry, I was reading this post and was like, "Did he just ninja this macro from me?... Oh, there's the credits."

On another note, pretty much any mouse with 5 buttons will solve most of your Pally on demand woes. They're incredibly useful for any class, but sadly, we can keybind like 70% of our on demand spells to the mouse. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    You might be rigth about anti cc spell or dispellable hand spells, but i got to tell you after reading most of your post about the paladin i can't help but think you are all for anything productive done with protection or Holy however when it comes to Ret you just dismiss it with post like these.
    To me this seems more of a case of an Caydiem, Eillia event. You seem to only want to have 1-2 trees viable for content. If you every played a Ret paladin for a long time you would clearly see that interruptions a needed thing for a Ret Paladin in pvp. You still haven't really given any real proof that we just don't need it. Some of your posts you have thought out and sound minded view points that i even agree with but on this subject you just dismiss it without giving any actual proof that a Ret paladin's burst damage is all he needs when fighting a Healer.
    I guess it is true that I post more about Holy and Prot, but it is because I feel many things are already being adressed in Ret.

If we had an interupt, that's a big if lol, it would only help us greatly against a certain few healing classes. Sure, we could interupt a Regrowth, but, really, when was the last time Regrowth gave you too much grief? Sure, we can piss off a few Shamans, but with Spirit Link it will most likely be impossible to burn anyone down against that kind of 2v2 or 3v3.

I never meant to imply that we didnt need something to combat healers, since WotLK is turning more and more into World of Healercraft, but an interupt is simply not the road we should be looking toward.

No, I dont want MS lol.
    No, I dont want Degeneration/ Scourge Strike.
    I simply want to address the issue in WotLK, since many things will change from TBC. Interupts will even effect Holy Paladins less in WotLK, which were easily the most susceptable thus far, since we gain our new instant healing prowess.

I personally have not thought of a spell/ ability to counter instant heals and HoTs, but my hopes is that something will be thought of besides a white wash interupt. I guess this is why Blizzard makes the big bucks and not me. lol

P.S. Sorry if this post was a little strange, I may have been drinking slightly. >_>

Edit:

I also wanted to say that we really do bring the hurt. Yes, we currently dont have a way to combat heals directly, but we certainly can put a strain on healers. My question to you is this; what would you be willing to sacrafice to get this ability? Is it worth forgoing our newly found DPS viability?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    I would never think I would say this but I'm with Ungrateful on this one :P.

Have you ever seriously attempted killing a Resto. Shaman or Druid wil just Hammer of Justice? If the Druids HOT's do not keep him up his "FULLHPLOL" will, and a Shaman has Earth Shield which coupled with his heals are ... annoying to say the least.

The only reasons I'm sort of weary about an interupt possiblity is the fact that we would gain yet another ability, which takes up another hotbar spot.
    And having Crusader Strike changed like some people suggest is not an option, a interrupt every 6 seconds is just too overpowered.

But yeah, an interrupt would be nice .
    druids are joke no interrupt will help you with that... dont take it on us priests man

Quote Originally Posted by Samiel
    Did you ever consider, that maybe he just wants some balance? We have to be weak against *some* classes 1 on 1, and with WotL, the only class we are really weak against 1 on 1 is the healers. We basically destroy any melee class, we can kill anything but good hunters, and great mages, Warlocks fall like leaves in the wind to our bubble, and unless the shaman is a bloody marvel, he's dead against us as well.

I realize, that it *sucks* to watch a healer just ignore our burst through preventative healing, or just healing through it, but we *have* an interrupt, in our stun, we have an interupt in our repentence in a 1 on 1 situation, we don't also need a counterspell.
    well if we ever get an interrupt, You can just not use it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    And having Crusader Strike changed like some people suggest is not an option, a interrupt every 6 seconds is just too overpowered.
    hey raw, did u mean in general or Just for paladins? cuz i think earth shock is on a 6 second cooldown
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi
    hey raw, did u mean in general or Just for paladins? cuz i think earth shock is on a 6 second cooldown
    Aye, it is, but Shamans do not have the other skills we have, if Crusader Strike would have a Interrupt effect you could easily rotate:

Crusader Strike
    Hammer of Justice
    Crusader Strike
    Repentance
    Crusader Strike

Which is OP

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

I guess my biggest concern is when The HoJ Repentence combo Isnt enough to finish someone. (which it seldom is nowadays) At that point your pretty much at the mercy of their magic.

Although the extra 15 seconds off HOJ (in prot) does seem to help a bit in this regard. Why is it that we're pretty much forced To go down protection and use an armor set bonus just to Sorta deal with casters better.

If i had to suggest a spot for interrupts I'd say On Judgement. That way It isnt' tacked onto our 6 second ability we'd pretty much always spam anyway. And if you wanted to use it as a reliable interrupt, You'd have to sometimes sacrifice your damage in order to have it ready to interrupt your opponents heals. Perhaps a good compromise.
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi
    I guess my biggest concern is when The HoJ Repentence combo Isnt enough to finish someone. (which it seldom is nowadays) At that point your pretty much at the mercy of their magic.
    Wut? Have you even seen the Retribution Paladin damage output in WOTLK? My 78 Paladin can solo any healer from any level without even having to stun.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

1. Pursuit of Justice; 15% speed increase
    2. Blessing of Freedom
    3. Divine Purpose; 30% reduced duration on slowing effects
    4. Good ol' Cleanse
    5. Hammer of Justice / Repentance
    6. Judgement of Justice

As far as staying on my opponent goes (or getting away from him for that matter), I think I'm good. Gimme an interrupt.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Crispybacon

Distance Closer :

Long Arm of the Law
    10% Base Mana
    20 yds
    45 second cooldown.
    Tackles a target affected by Judgment of Justice knocking them down for 1 second.

I don't think up too much of whether my ideas are OP, I just think of ideas that go with the paladin theme.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    I voted for a distance closer, although in truth, I'd like to see something that's in middle ground.

Remove Judgement of Justice, make a similar spell called "Chains of Justice" which reduces movement and casting speed of the target by 10% every 2 seconds while they are more than 20 feet (That is the new Judgement range, yeah?) away from the Paladin, with the slow effect having only the 2 second duration, so if they come within range, they can move and cast freely again.

The ability would have to be limited, we have enough long cooldowns, so I'd say 1 minute CD, 30 second duration, and when it expires the Paladin's movement and casting speed is reduced by 20% for 30 seconds.

Something to consider at the very least... it doesn't have to be JUST a charge or JUST an interrupt, I think the more creative the solution to a problem, the better the chances are (Remote, in either case) that someone important will think it's a good idea.
    Yes!! this imo is a great idea..sick-ass name too lol

With the move to instant heals and HoTs in WoTLK perhaps CS should gain a Debuff effect like arcane shot (Same CD i believe)? May not be as good a real interrupt or a charge, but it doesn't seem to be OP.

I chose an interrupt, the distance issue can be worked around most of the time with pursuit of justice+ judgment of justice, a HoF, however gaining distance on a healer or caster is still going to be useless if you can't interrupt their heals when HoJ and Rep are on CD, and they will be most of the time, so the best thing a paladin can get is an interrupt.