Pain and Suffering Ability

So does this ability just refresh the duration time wise of shadow word pain, or is it resetting the ability altogether meaning it starts Pain at its first tick again? Because it takes a couple seconds for pain to do any dmg.

So if i do 2 mind flays in a row is it refreshing pains time, or is pain not ticking cuz its being reset?

"Your Mind Flay has a 100% chance to refresh the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain on the target, and reduces the damage you take from your own Shadow Word: Death by 60%."

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=47582

Re: Pain and Suffering Ability

I've been wanting to know this as well. "Losing" ticks that would happen .1 seconds later due to starting a MF would be sorta lame.

REFRESH IS NOT THE SAME AS REAPPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEARN TO READ 1 OF THE 20 OTHER POSTS ON EVERY PRIEST FORUM THAT STATES THIS

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl

LEARN TO READ 1 OF THE 20 OTHER POSTS ON EVERY PRIEST FORUM THAT STATES THIS
    just needed the first part, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krommdor
    just needed the first part, thank you.

lol sorry, posted while i was @ work, still ragin

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    sorry for this nooby question but where is the difference between those 2, i do know what it will do now but it's just such a confusing sentence for me that ain't too good at english :x
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Refreshing spells have been discussed on the warlock part of the forum as well concerning eternal flames and immolate (however removed now). As above poster said, refresh and reapply isn't the same thing, I'm guessing (if these talents will make any sense when wotlk is released) it will just refresh the SW:P. With refreshing I HOPE blizzard will do the right thing and just bring it up to (max duration)-(time since last tick), so if it gets refreshed by mindflay when there was 0.5 seconds left untill the next tick, it would still be 0.5 seconds left before next tick, meaning it would have 15.5 seconds left on it's duration. This way you will never lose damage from your SW:P

Quote Originally Posted by Inoue
    Refreshing spells have been discussed on the warlock part of the forum as well concerning eternal flames and immolate (however removed now). As above poster said, refresh and reapply isn't the same thing, I'm guessing (if these talents will make any sense when wotlk is released) it will just refresh the SW:P. With refreshing I HOPE blizzard will do the right thing and just bring it up to (max duration)-(time since last tick), so if it gets refreshed by mindflay when there was 0.5 seconds left untill the next tick, it would still be 0.5 seconds left before next tick, meaning it would have 15.5 seconds left on it's duration. This way you will never lose damage from your SW:P
    there i had it, i hopes it will be that way too and not like spamming (reapplying) SW:P
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

My understanding is that DOTs tick every 3 seconds, what i'm confused about is by refreshing the spell, thus setting it back to the 18sec duration, will it continue to tick at the 15sec mark? If not, lets say it was supposed to tick 1 second from when it was refreshed, having it tick at the 17sec mark throws off the entire 'tick every 3 seconds'.

Is there now 2 timers? a timer that regulates when the ticks occur and a timer that regulates the duration of the effect? Personally it would seem to me that the DOT mechanic needs a makeover and some information needs to be put out to explain what refresh actually means. WoW has never been great in terms of its descriptions of talents. Just have a look at the poor working on Imp SF, it almost implys that the 70% spell pushback resistance only occurs when fade is active, just poor wording.