Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Create your own Mage Spell

Quote Originally Posted by Radak
    Not a spell but a very nice weapon with a very unique ability that blizzard maybe could try (+2 talent points as a stat maybe a bit OP but not if every class had access to a weapon like it)
    Raya, the one that creates power

wheres the yellow text on that from? i recognise it......
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Click Me!

It's not a mage spell but it had to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    the best part about all this? i have empirical evidence on my side. you? you have nothing. i COULD take even more away, but that would be inhumane. enjoy your cranberry sauce in lalaland while i do a charleston with my girlfriend.
    Support your local EMS, run with scissors.

An idea for a talent rather than a spell. Tier 10 fire tree.

Your firebolt, frostbolt and frostfire bolt spells that hit have a 4%/8%/12%/16%/20% chance to increase critical strike rating and haste rating by 3%/6%/9%/12%/15% for your next 3 firebolt, frostbolt or frostfire bolt spells or for 15 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds.

Something along those lines, I'm sure it can be polished.

Carlsberg don't make DPS, but if they did...

I saw something about blizz perhaps removing paralyzis from the shaman elemental tree. This could be a good alternativ:

http://www.wowitemcreator.com/view/247903/Avatar.html

notice the 15 min cd, that would by all right keep it from being used in arena since that would be potentially very OP.

Nothing special just a interesting new ability I thought would be cool for PvP.

http://www.wowitemcreator.com/view/2...Dehydrate.html

i know this isnt a mage spell.. just had to show how easy it is to make a spell using this tool :P

My idea..... pretty stupid ones....

Frost Orb
    Frost
    2 second cast
    Fires a Frozen Orb at target enemy dealing X Frost damage and freezes all other enemies within 15 yards of target's radius for 5 seconds. Reduce the target's movement speed, attack speed, and casting speed by 10% for 5 seconds.

Fire Pillar
    Fire
    1.5 second cast
    Trap a target enemy within a fiery inferno for 5 seconds, dealing X fire damage every seconds. During this time, the target cannot move, attack, or use any items or ability.

The More the Scarier
    Fire Talent
    2 Ranks// ((well definitely not tier 1))
    For every enemy within a 30 yard radius, you gain 1/2% extra damage to all spells. This cannot excceed 10%

Path of Ice
    Frost Talent
    Instant Cast
    30 yard
    30 seconds cooldown
    Summons an icy path from the caster to target area. Any enemies caught within the icy path is encase in a ice block and consider frozen for 5 seconds and is dealt X Frost damage (does not proc Frost Bite).

Summon Pheonix
    Fire Talent
    Instant Cast
    3 minute cooldown
    Summons a Pheonix that assist you for 30 seconds. The pheonix has Multi Shot (fires multiple fireballs equals to your highest rank Scorch at enemies, up to 3, every 3 seconds) and Fiery Descent (blink to target enemy and cast Blast Wave equals to your highest rank Blast Wave to all enemies within a 15 yard radius, 15 seconds cooldown)
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

I just loved meta-spells in AD&D.
    In WoW, meta-spells could be used at will, and grant the next spell you cast a special benefit, with its drawback.
    Some examples :
    Silent spell - Allows you to cast while silenced. The spell's damage or duration is reduced by 20%.
    Empowered spell - The damage or duration of your next spell is increased by 20%, so is its mana cost. 30sec CD.
    Delayed spell - Your next spell will come into effect 15sec after it has been cast. 30sec CD.
    Double spell - Any spell you cast will affect your target twice. Spell cost increased by 150%. 30sec CD.
    (kinda overpowered probably needs to be tuned down, but you get the idea)

This could bring interesting variations in the mages' gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMoonkin
    Summon Pheonix
    Fire Talent
    Instant Cast
    3 minute cooldown
    Summons a Pheonix that assist you for 30 seconds. The pheonix has Multi Shot (fires multiple fireballs equals to your highest rank Scorch at enemies, up to 3, every 3 seconds) and Fiery Descent (blink to target enemy and cast Blast Wave equals to your highest rank Blast Wave to all enemies within a 15 yard radius, 15 seconds cooldown)
    I actually like most of your ideas, this one is a bit out of line though, either the cooldown should be increased to about 15 minutes, or decrease the damage.

Hey pallys druids and locks get free mounts.

http://www.wowitemcreator.com/view/247931/Flight.html

15+ Year Old Account

Improved Arcane Concentration

Requires 40 points in arcane talents
    Requires Arcane Concentration

Gives you an additional 25% chance of entering clearcasting state after any spell critical strike, reducing the mana cost of your next spell by 100% and increases critical strike chance of all arcane spells by 20% for the next 15 seconds. If you manage to get 3 critical strikes in a row from arcane spells while in clearcasting state, you were surrunded by an arcane amplifier field, increases haste rating by 250 and critical strike chance by 30% for 15 seconds for all party or raid members within 10 yards. Cannot occur more than once every 90 seconds.
    Arcane amplifying replaces clearcasting state when occuring.
    While under the effect of arcane amplifying you are not able to get into clearcasting state again.
    Critical strikes while in clearcasting state or while under the effect ot arcane amplifying do not refresh its duration.

###
    well.. that's a big description. :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Radak
    Not a spell but a very nice weapon with a very unique ability that blizzard maybe could try (+2 talent points as a stat maybe a bit OP but not if every class had access to a weapon like it)
    Raya, the one that creates power
    May the Diablo live forever!!!

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Fire Pain
    Last talent in fire tree. Passive

Increases your damge over time with 80, 120, 160, 200, 240%. Also allows your damage over time to use 120, 140, 160, 180, 200% of your spellpower.

------------

This might fix fire pve spec :P

Here's one for rogues,

------------

Shadow
    Last talent in a good PvP tree.

You move so fast and swithly so you project a mirror image of your self.

------------

It basicly creates a copy of your self dealing 10% of your dmg and got your agility x10 in health.

last fire talent:

Phoenix
    range: 20 yards
    mana cost: 15%
    Cooldown: 30mins

When used on self: The caster becomes empowered with the might of a phoenix granting +20% fire damage done for 20 seconds(perhaps 15 but i think should be alot to compare agaisnt the second use)

When used on freindly target: The player must be dead, restores target friendly player to life with 15% hp and mana(when used on freindly player it leaves teh caster unable to cast for 4 seconds(not effected by haste)
    Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!" quoth the server, 404.

seems like a fun topic so thought i'd get involved, even tho i'm a rogue. Thought of the following spell, thought could be used wel in combos, such as using before a blink, or even after it, i know something along these lines would seriously disorientate a rogue.

http://www.wowitemcreator.com/view/2...ning_Leap.html

can imagine u mages prob wanna play with mana costs and damage etc

oo just got another idea:

Fire storm(mid range fire tree maybe repalce blast wave sorta area)
    mana cost: 400
    cast time: instant
    effect: applys a DoT efect on target that deals 1000 fire damage every second for 8 seconds(gains only 15% extra from spell dmg) spreads to other enemy players who are within 3 yards of an afflicted player.

personaly want to add does double damage to resto druid but prob a little OTT then
    Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!" quoth the server, 404.

Meteor Rank 3 (lvl80)
    780 Mana 30 yrd range
    3 sec cast
    Throws a Meteor at the Target that does 724-853 Fire Damage to the Target and all Enemies within 10yrd range and burns the ground for an additional 234-312 Fire Damage over 4sec.

Fire Ultimate instead of Crap Bomb :<

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by soupsoup
    oo just got another idea:

Fire storm(mid range fire tree maybe repalce blast wave sorta area)
    mana cost: 400
    cast time: instant
    effect: applys a DoT efect on target that deals 1000 fire damage every second for 8 seconds(gains only 15% extra from spell dmg) spreads to other enemy players who are within 3 yards of an afflicted player.

personaly want to add does double damage to resto druid but prob a little OTT then
    Huh..? 1000 fire damage every second for 8 seconds..? Meaning, 8000 damage with no spell damage? Hehe....

maybe every 2 seconds?