Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: WotLK Beta - Patch Notes Update

Quote Originally Posted by Arcano
    i'm not in beta neither, that is why i wondering all those stuffs, but it seems really good, but it sucks that seals are now in GCD
    Seals always were in GCD. Judgement wasn't. Then on the other hand, Judgement didn't scale and it also needed the seal re-cast.

Now, Judgement is a 10 yard (30 yards with deep holy talent) STRIKE attack. A ranged instant strike. That does a useful debuff.

So, we went from ONE strike per 10s to THREE. Also, in reality, Judgement now has a shorter GCD, since the GCD for a Judgement used to be 1.5s + delay for the game to realize the Judgement didn't have a CD.

P.S. You did see that Seals are now 2 minute and doesn't get consumed?

actually this is done because now divine shield which is full immunity no longer shares cooldown with divine protection which is 50% dmg reduction.
    This is correct. It's effectively placing a 'shared cooldown' on our 'invincibility' buttons to prevent us from being ridiculously OP, i.e. Chain-using Divine Shield, Divine Protection, and Hand of Protection. Since Avenging Wrath no longer suffers from Forbearance, this shouldn't matter a lot. It's just keeping us Pallys from being God-like.

I cannot say whether you can use HoP on yourself, as I'm not in beta. The spell text reads "Places a Hand on targeted party member". I would assume that since you are indeed in the party, you can cast it on yourself. HoP is indeed effected by Forbearance, however.

LOL @ arena scrubs finally getting a warning... yet it still isnt enough to fix the problem... since they wont fix it just look into whos doing it... heres an idea... random Q's 1-2-3 mins if you cant wait 3 mins after a match to get re-Q'd then you shouldn't be playing this game

Consecration scales off of attack power and spell power...
    Seal of Righteousness scales off of attack power and spell power...
    Judgements scale off of attack power and spell power...

Which has the higher coefficient? I'd like to know if right off the bat my tankadin's gear is going to screw him over in the expansion (being focused solely on spell power).
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

ZerOne found the forum thread i was refering to earlier. For those that don't get it, its a big buff.
    In terms of gameplay mechanics:
    -Less Mana Cost (seals only last 2 minutes and do not need reapplying after judging them)
    -Always have a utility judgement up
    -More Damage (Every judgement now does damage)

So for an example,
    -You Attack an enemy.
    -Cast Seal of Command
    -Now that a seal is active the Three Judgements are available
    -You use Judgement of Wisdom
    -The Judgement strikes the target for a base amount of Holy Damage which is modified by seal of command being up. It also places the Judgement of Wisdom debuff on the target and if you have the talent Increases the critical strike chance against the target by 3%.
    -The Judgement DOES NOT consume the seal so you do not have to recast it
    -Targets have a chance of regaining mana whenever they hit the target
    -You can continue to recast Judgement of wisdom every 8/10 seconds for two minutes until your seal of command expires.

Alternative Example
    -If you cast seal of wisdom
    -Every time you Strike the target you can gain mana
    -Now that a seal is active the Three Judgements are available
    -You use Judgement of Wisdom
    -The Judgement strikes the target for a base amount of Holy Damage. It also places the Judgement of Wisdom debuff on the target and if you have the talent Increases the critical strike chance against the target by 3%.
    -The Judgement DOES NOT consume the seal so you do not have to recast it
    -Targets have a chance of regaining mana whenever they hit the target
    -You can continue to recast Judgement of wisdom every 8/10 seconds for two minutes until your seal of wisdom expires.

In terms of gameplay mechanics:
    -Less Mana Cost (seals only last 2 minutes and do not need reapplying after judging them)
    -Always have a utility judgement up
    -More Damage (Every judgement now does damage)

So we have lost nothing from this. The whole system has been streamlined, the only thing that needs to be changed now is the judgement renew effect of crusader strike as it is no longer needed. Maybe it could be changed to new your active seal so it never needs to be reapplied.

As far as the Coefficients go its a bit hard to say at the moment but generally all the abilities are a bit pumped up at the moment which is hardly suprising given all the classes mechanic changes
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Drums now cause a Tinnitus effect, preventing affected targets from receiving beneficial effects from other drums for two minutes.
    Suprised no one has cried about this yet, sorry for all those guys who rerolled LW :'(

OH WELL :P
    BAMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Iselian

Which has the higher coefficient? I'd like to know if right off the bat my tankadin's gear is going to screw him over in the expansion (being focused solely on spell power).
    I guess it scales from attack power if you are spected for it, from the new talent: Sheath of Light:Increases your spell power by an amount equal to 30% of your attack power and your critical healing spells heal the target for 60% of the healed amount over 12 seconds.

I guess it scales from attack power if you are spected for it, from the new talent: Sheath of Light:Increases your spell power by an amount equal to 30% of your attack power and your critical healing spells heal the target for 60% of the healed amount over 12 seconds.

Not talking about retribution; protection. I know we gain 30% of our stamina as spell power (deep prot talent), but my question is which should a tankadin focus on more? What are the coefficients? Will consecration, the primary tanking threat production spell, still be primarily spell power, with a touch of AP for ret-use? Or is it more AP-focused, making all my spell damage plate worthless?
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Then I have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Iselian

The higher coefficient should be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Geboran
    The higher coefficient should be applied.
    I may have to disagree with this. As I stated before, not in the beta, so I can't test. However, if it takes the 'higher' stat, but prot pallys are supposed to be sharing gear with warriors in the expansion, why are they giving us a talent DEEP in protection to increase spellpower? In my completely unprofessional opinion, it will be a mix between both of these stats. One may be weighted higher than the other (I'm thinking SP, most likely), but I believe they will both play a part.

Iselian> It depends on what seal you are using.

Seal of Righteousness - Attack dmg: 5% AP + 10% SP - Judging dmg: 45% AP + 73% SP
    Seal of Light - Attack heal: 28% AP + 28% SP - Judging dmg: 36% AP + 58% SP
    Seal of Wisdom - Attack mana regen: 14% AP + 14% SP - Judging dmg: 36% AP + 58% SP
    Seal of Justice - Attack: Stun - Judging dmg: 36% AP + 58% SP
    Seal of Command - Attack: 70% of wep dmg - Judging dmg: 36% AP + 58% SP - Judging STUNED dmg: 72% AP + 116% SP
    Seal of Vengeance(A)/Seal of Corruption(H) - Attack dmg: 7% AP + 3,4% SP - Judging dmg: 36% AP + 58% SP
    Seal of Blood(H)/Seal of the Martyr(A) - Attack: 35% of wep dmg - Judging dmg: 36% AP + 58% SP + 45% of wep dmg

And YES, it uses BOTH.

I am still questioning if Judgements are using ranged hit and crit. Sound silly silly silly to me and I hope i just misread the patchnotes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOne
    Iselian> It depends on what seal you are using.

Seal of Righteousness - Attack dmg: 5% AP + 10% SP - Judging dmg: 45% AP + 73% SP
    Seal of Light - Attack heal: 28% AP + 28% SP - Judging dmg: 36% AP + 58% SP
    Seal of Wisdom - Attack mana regen: 14% AP + 14% SP - Judging dmg: 36% AP + 58% SP
    Seal of Justice - Attack: Stun - Judging dmg: 36% AP + 58% SP
    Seal of Command - Attack: 70% of wep dmg - Judging dmg: 36% AP + 58% SP - Judging STUNED dmg: 72% AP + 116% SP
    Seal of Vengeance(A)/Seal of Corruption(H) - Attack dmg: 7% AP + 3,4% SP - Judging dmg: 36% AP + 58% SP
    Seal of Blood(H)/Seal of the Martyr(A) - Attack: 35% of wep dmg - Judging dmg: 36% AP + 58% SP + 45% of wep dmg

And YES, it uses BOTH.

I am still questioning if Judgements are using ranged hit and crit. Sound silly silly silly to me and I hope i just misread the patchnotes.
    Fantastic, exactly what I'm looking for. Changes to Holy Shield, Avenger's Shield, or consecration? Coefficients? And where did you snag this info? Oh, and won't ranged hit/crit be the same as melee hit/crit and spell hit/crit? It's all bundled up now, neh?

EDIT: Added end.

Very nice find, sir. I'm already trying to figure out my rotations now. ^_^

Iselian> As I tried to point out earlier in this thread (but it seames as all ignored :-\) WotLKWiki cover this pretty well. (Link dosen't work as MMO admin is retarded) They do however in their turn get the info from WoWhead's WotLK database.

As far as I can tell for Consecration it uses 4% SP + 4% AP, Holy Shield is a static 211 holy dmg (?) and Avenger's Shield uses 7% SP + 7% AP

Edit:
    FFS MMO Champion, remove that retarded "Do not post NDA covered info" censorship for links to WotLKWiki now, you got your beta key ass kisser!

Thank ya Zer, though I doubt Holy Shield will be static; it already scales with spell damage (know this on the live servers from experience). But it's still beta, no? We'll see what happens.

As far as with crit and hit with judgements it's tru what Iselian said about it becoming universal.
    Quote Originally Posted by First BETA Patchnotes
    Hit Rating, Critical Strike Rating, and Haste Rating now modify both melee attacks and spells.
    My concern however still is somewhat present since as Holy we have "Holy Power" talent that effect crit of only holy spells. Judgements are classed as a Holy school but will use range crit? Just is so confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOne
    As I tried to point out earlier in this thread (but it seames as all ignored :-\)
    Aww, we weren't ignoring you. It was just really hard to see the WotLKWiki mention at the top of the quote box; skimmed right past it. I did take your advice and hopped on over there when I saw your latest comment, though. I hadn't even noticed the new 'Sacred Shield' spell before that, so I have to thank you again!

the only thing that needs to be changed now is the judgement renew effect of crusader strike as it is no longer needed
    Uh, are you kidding? They still run out every 20 seconds if not re-judged, and I'm guessing any holy paladins in the raid aren't going to have the time to run into the oft-dangerous melee range of any mobs and rejudge everything they have. Of course, if they spend the talents on increasing their judgement range, they could burn through their mana keeping a judgement up with no retribution paladins in the raid.

Also, about having 3 judgements: Awesome. All of the debuff judgements are now separated and you can choose which one you want applied regardless of which seal you're using. The main problem here is now one of the vital paladin ability buttons is broken into 3. I already had like 5 hotbars full of all the skills I would probably need to use as a holy paladin and now I can look forward to adding two more buttons to the mix. At least they fixed the problem we used to have where you'd need to keep every rank of every blessing on your hotbars if you wanted to bless the lower-level newbs.

On seals not being removed: It's about time Blizzard fixed one of the most broken combat systems in the game which has been around for just about forever.

On attack power / spell power affecting most of our skills now: Awesome. Another thing that should have been fixed years ago. :0)
    Still would like to see some scaling in terms of blessings, especially Blessing of Sanctuary, which becomes more and more useless as people gear up, especially now that raid sizes have been cut down significantly and you have less paladins to cast the "necessary" blessings. On the plus side of this issue, however, is the fact that Blessing of Light and Blessing of Salvation have disappeared/been reworked. But still, in a raid with 2 paladins, warriors will still get Kings/Might over Blessing of Sanctuary (and maybe paladins too). Blessing of Sacrifice (now Hand of Sacrifice) was fixed to work percentage-wise. Now let's see more buffs follow suit and slightly boost with the caster's gear upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee
    And druids get +5% more crit, just because! YAY!!!
    Yep, just because they lost 7-10% crit by going from Live to Beta and are getting less crit from Agi.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.