Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Raid Wide Totems

Quote Originally Posted by Prefix
    Ok, someone just told me the new healing and mana stream totems worked in pulses in wotlk.

The HOT-like buff, is how it works now, so no difference.
    I can't see why they would allow it to stack now, even though they are different. It doesn't do that now, and I see no reason to make it stack.
    Oh sorry, I didn't fully read your post - I missed "In wotlk". My mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    Oh sorry, I didn't fully read your post - I missed "In wotlk". My mistake
    Fair enough :P

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Instant
    Oh my god. A shaman required for a raid? That just CANNOT HAPPEN...

In TBC you have to have warrior as tank, and lock/rogue as dps. In wotlk you 'have to have' shaman with mana tide as it restores 24% of mana to 12-15 people every 5 minutes. Can't see why is that bad.

In wotlk almost every spec of every class is getting enough tools to be 'must have' spec for raids, imo it's good thing when you are able to take moonkin instead of lock. Ofc that wont ever happen, but i hope you get the idea.

Except for RoS, a Paladin can tank about any other fight ingame. And seriously, need Rogues? I see a lot of Rogues being outDPSed by Retridins and Enh Shams and sometimes even the kitty cat Druid. Warlocks is true due to their imba Succy Sac, which doesn't look like Blizzard wants to happen anymore in WLK.
    And you alreay 'have to have' shamans for Chain Heal(best scaling direct healing spell ingame atm) or atleast WF totems for those melee.
    And here is the reason you don't want ToW & Mana Tide to be raid wide:
    You'll be running around with 10 Ele Shams and 7-8 Resto Shams, apart from 3 tanks, preferably 1 Paladin & 1 Druid for Kings/GotW and then 4-5 melee, 3-4 Enh & 1 Retri being the obvious choice as they also get the mana back.
    Everyone will have 30% spell hit & crit, which means your Resto Sham will have over 50% crit, proccing AF, AA & imp. WS constantly. Raid healing will be done purely by AA + Earth Shields on all the melee and AF will up constantly, as the Shamans can spam LHW all they want, they can't ever go OOM with Mana Tide up constantly. In the mean while, your Ele Shams are also getting this state of infinite mana and happily use it to get well over 60-70% crit, spamming Lightning Bolts like there is no tomorrow and hoping they get a Stormstrike Charge from the Enhancement Shamans once in a while. Lava Burst won't ever be used, because it doesn't benefit from all those totems. While all this imba DPS is going on, the Enh Shams are happily nuking like hell, knowing that the first person to pull aggro won't be them anyway and the Retridin is trying to stand somewhere where everyone is getting his aura for 3% haste & 2% damage extra before he gets spammed with whispers.
    Yeah sure, totally balanced that is!!
    [/sarcasm]

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Except for RoS, a Paladin can tank about any other fight ingame. And seriously, need Rogues? I see a lot of Rogues being outDPSed by Retridins and Enh Shams and sometimes even the kitty cat Druid. Warlocks is true due to their imba Succy Sac, which doesn't look like Blizzard wants to happen anymore in WLK.
    And you alreay 'have to have' shamans for Chain Heal(best scaling direct healing spell ingame atm) or atleast WF totems for those melee.
    And here is the reason you don't want ToW & Mana Tide to be raid wide:
    You'll be running around with 10 Ele Shams and 7-8 Resto Shams, apart from 3 tanks, preferably 1 Paladin & 1 Druid for Kings/GotW and then 4-5 melee, 3-4 Enh & 1 Retri being the obvious choice as they also get the mana back.
    Everyone will have 30% spell hit & crit, which means your Resto Sham will have over 50% crit, proccing AF, AA & imp. WS constantly. Raid healing will be done purely by AA + Earth Shields on all the melee and AF will up constantly, as the Shamans can spam LHW all they want, they can't ever go OOM with Mana Tide up constantly. In the mean while, your Ele Shams are also getting this state of infinite mana and happily use it to get well over 60-70% crit, spamming Lightning Bolts like there is no tomorrow and hoping they get a Stormstrike Charge from the Enhancement Shamans once in a while. Lava Burst won't ever be used, because it doesn't benefit from all those totems. While all this imba DPS is going on, the Enh Shams are happily nuking like hell, knowing that the first person to pull aggro won't be them anyway and the Retridin is trying to stand somewhere where everyone is getting his aura for 3% haste & 2% damage extra before he gets spammed with whispers.
    Yeah sure, totally balanced that is!!
    [/sarcasm]
    Yes, and then you woke up and realized it was not that beautiful shamanistic dream...

Now tell me, do you really believe any of this? And if you dont why dis you write your sarcastic post?

Quote Originally Posted by Instant
    Now tell me, do you really believe any of this? And if you dont why dis you write your sarcastic post?
    You do realize how much mana would be restored by 7-8 raidwide mana tides? ;D
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Yes of course i do. But then we'd loose profits of other healers, and i believe they have enough utility to be needed in raids

In the end, there will be need for 6-9 healers in raid, so some classes will have more spots than other classes, and i dont believe that shaman will take all spots just because mana tide will be raid wide. Especially since Druids replenish can make their Rejuvenation replenish mana aswell, hunter can replenish mana, and retardins can replenish mana to party aswell.

Anyway, im not saying it's must be raid wide, and if it's not it will be unfair. I know it's damn powerful, so i wont be mad if it stay's party wide, but tbh i hope they will think of something so that Mana Tide isn't only one party wide shaman's totem.