Deleted

Does damaging judgement exist?

They removed the judgement and replaced it with a prevent running from fear, heal yourself, and restore mana judgement.

This would tbh kill shockadins. If Blizzard really arent giving us a damaging judgement i see no other choice than quiting my paladin.

Is it really Kalgan who do these stupid changes? Common, the talents were perfectly before Kalgan came back from the vacation!

Re: Does damaging judgement exist?

Eh all judgements do damage based on your seal, even judgement of wisdom now

Judgement spells are considered ranged attacks for purposes of how they hit and how they critically hit. All cause damage based on attack power and spell power.
    If you read more closely, they ALL cause damage. Different seals affect the judgement's damage in various ways.

Calm down

Some people...

/sigh

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

The judgements still do damage, but it still kills shockadins because the ATP portion is much more important than spelldamage now.

Might as well call them Shockaretadins

how does this kill shockadins... so what the judge dmg goes down a bit.. but your shocks go up.. they do more dmg.. and have a 6 sec cd.. .. ctfd

Do a little research on the current coefficients then make that comment.

All paladin spells and judgements will be twice as strong or MORE if you go full ATP as opposed to going full SP.

Most of the coefficients are identical (for instance, conc is 0.32 * atp AND SP for its damage) and as we know, spellpower as a stat is usually MUCH lower than ATP.

IIRC at least in TBC, getting to 1k base Spelldamage was high, while reaching 2k ATP wasnt too difficult. Not to mention there are many more buffs to ATP as well.

Also factor in 30% of your atp is spelldamage anyway, meaning stacking ATP is even more effective.

And if you think HS will carry you through as dps as a shockadin, lol. Those seals and judges and conc were huge portions of the damage the spec had.

Quote Originally Posted by klineshrike
    Do a little research on the current coefficients then make that comment.

All paladin spells and judgements will be twice as strong or MORE if you go full ATP as opposed to going full SP.

Most of the coefficients are identical (for instance, conc is 0.32 * atp AND SP for its damage) and as we know, spellpower as a stat is usually MUCH lower than ATP.

IIRC at least in TBC, getting to 1k base Spelldamage was high, while reaching 2k ATP wasnt too difficult. Not to mention there are many more buffs to ATP as well.

Also factor in 30% of your atp is spelldamage anyway, meaning stacking ATP is even more effective.
    retribution is the dps tree, shockadin isnt supposed for dmg , one should be glad to have the possibility to do some good dmg and also be able to heal very well ..

The spec was accepted as viable when they had an arena set that pretty much catered to it. So to make that claim, while probobly true, is kinda weak because its pretty much killing off something that exsisted like it or not. People used to down on Ret as a viable spec too .

Shockadin was just more fun to do damage with than ret. It was a little exciting that when the talent trees were originally released it became viable to compete. Now its just a weak novelty again -_-.

Yeah, that set may have 'pretty much catered to it', but it was actually intended for prot, not for shockadins. So, use a new argument.

My pally while holy (~1480 spell power) is still doing nice dmg with judgements... Noncrit dmg something like 1k for JoL/JoW and 1.2k for JoJ. Combined with the new holy shock, its pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by grenalden
    Yeah, that set may have 'pretty much catered to it', but it was actually intended for prot, not for shockadins. So, use a new argument.
    Because all that spell damage helps prot pallies hold aggro in arenas right? It was intended for any pally who wants to use offensive spells to do the most of their damage in arenas. I don't think any pally seriously tries to compete in arena while specced protection.

Deleted

Better read the whole text, i just readed the judgements to find a "damaging" one.

Shockadins are very strong. I did not know this before, but frost mages are a complete joke. When i drop 70% life i start to cast a heal they counterspell me, i run around pillars and when the duration is over i spam flash heal until they drop oom and start hiting them to death.

It seems that rogues cos never resists holy damage so they are also a complete joke, getting hit by aoe while vanishing and when they blind me ill lolashield and throw away a hammer.

The only problem i have so far is killing healers. Disc priests are unkillable- 200 mana to heal 50% life, and mana burn you to death. Druids life drops fast, but they always flee from me(easy to outlast them, do they have a choice?), fighting a holy pala is like fighting a copy, but you deal more damage than him, so you win at last and resto shamans go down pretty fast, the bad thing is that they do the most damage of them all, 1000 per 6 seconds with a totem.

This is the only specc of my 4 chars that can kill warlocks easily. Stun warlock, fear pet, use holy spells to kill him in 3 seconds while the warlock getting hited by aoe, cleanse the spell till hes forced to life tap, and when he drops to 30% life to drain life lolashield and kill him. Yes lolashield lolashield.. i only use them in that kind of danger, most warlocks are crap there out.

My current rating as shockadin is 1600 2 v 2, with a MM hunter. I already got brutal helmet, but the rogue started to PvE instead QQ. For the first time ever i talk to myself highly. "Come here stupid warrior, im holy!" *Warrior charge* *Hiting little till the druid show up to heal BAM silence shot and stun hammer*
    *Pops angel wings and execute the warrior* still we lose against rogue+disc priest combo, just that.

The 6 sec CD shock with excellent damage makes me want to cry, i really dont care if sanctity aura is gone soon, +12% damage overwrite it and soon ill have 100% chance to avoid interrupts by using the anti interrupt aura
    I hope the last talent will be more damage support, and i hope that Kalgan dont * up the holy tree as he did with warlock and druid trees

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianna
    My pally while holy (~1480 spell power) is still doing nice dmg with judgements... Noncrit dmg something like 1k for JoL/JoW and 1.2k for JoJ. Combined with the new holy shock, its pretty nice.
    In TBC when my paladin was holy/ sanct aura spec I would get base 1300 SOR judges. with like 850 spelldamage

That pretty much does say it was nerfed hard. But does this include having BOM up? that affects it pretty greatly now, and those numbers seem low even for what I calculated.