Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arcane Barrage Co-Efficient Nerf

From 85.7 to 62% A decrease of 24% roughly. Good job Blizzard!

The hell are they nerfing the only viable arcane ability for before the game's even been released?

Re: Arcane Barrage Co-Efficient Nerf

Because nerfing AFTER it made live would piss off a whole more Mages?

Well now it leaves us with yet another useless final tier talent, one that provides both inferior DPS and DPM to ABla spam.
    Congrats Blizz, let's hope they see the light and fix this up before it goes live or there will be a mass exodus of mages to classes they aren't afraid to let do some dps.

Btw, are you certain of that 62% number? I find a spell cast tiem equivalent of 2.17s, which is weird to say the least.

That's what Vontre reported, and I'm fairly inclined to believe what he has to say

edit: cast times don't always correspond to the coefficent, for example ice lance has a very low coefficient of just over 12% I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Because nerfing AFTER it made live would piss off a whole more Mages?
    No, nerfing it now will piss off a lot of Mages. It's like they don't want Mages to play WotLK. It's a 51 point talent and has a three second cooldown for a reason. That's what we trade for it. We didn't sign up for another extremely underwhelming talent for 51 talent points.

Also, the .62 co-efficient has been confirmed by many Mages on the beta. They're not happy, the few that are actually playing Mages (most Mages--even the alpha testers--are playing Death Knights now).

More and more, I'm questioning whether I should even purchase WotLK. Blizzard doesn't deserve money for not listening to their customers. Not mine at least. I think others feel the same way, since they gained 1.8 million customers and their sales are actually down, not up. http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=19574

Deleted

Generalisations ftw.

The spell is still fine. It still does a lot of damage. It's not nearly as bad as it's being portrayed. I'm quite happy with it, and I'm never rerolling from my mage to a DK, not now, and not when the game releases.

Either way, it is a beta. Things get released in a beta with the purpose to test. The goal of any test is to see if the final result is satisfactory. If it isn't, changes will be made.

Mages are getting a bad name from all this un-needed moaning over nothing.

Arcane damage is getting buffed in other ways though.

Scorch will increase it 10%
    Moonkin's buff will increase it another 6%

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Generalisations ftw.

The spell is still fine. It still does a lot of damage. It's not nearly as bad as it's being portrayed. I'm quite happy with it, and I'm never rerolling from my mage to a DK, not now, and not when the game releases.

Either way, it is a beta. Things get released in a beta with the purpose to test. The goal of any test is to see if the final result is satisfactory. If it isn't, changes will be made.

What he said also

Digged a bit more and found exact numbers, which reported a 64% coefficient, or a 25% reduction (64,2857...% would be the accurate number).
    As a multiplier on the scaling of an instant spell, it would go from 2 to 1.5, which isn't all to hard to assume.

Still, an Arcane Barrage/Arcane Blast rotation seems the best for Arcane .... if anyone will want to spec it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    Arcane damage is getting buffed in other ways though.

Scorch will increase it 10%
    Moonkin's buff will increase it another 6%

What he said also
    Scorch buff was reverted. Try to keep up with the nerfs.

Fire Blast currently does more damage than Arcane Barrage now. Seriously, it's a joke of a 51 point talent now. These same types of nerfs happened to Frost and Invisibility in the beta in BC. Everyone said "oh it's fine, don't worry." Well, they're worried now. And for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by esserius
    Scorch buff was reverted. Try to keep up with the nerfs.
    I'm sorry I can't keep up with the nerfs, mmo champions talent calculator wasn't updated

Scorch was not reverted, the Blizzard caculator is out of date (even on the live one in some cases), the mmo one reflects the talents as they stand in the beta at the current time, and is therefore what most people choose to look at concerning talent changes.

I must admit I was rather underwhelmed with arcane barrage, but ofc there will be many changes to come yet, just hope they shape arcane into an interesting spec to play, with possibilities to burn mana for high dps, or to use a rotation with a good level of interactivity for conserving mana, and also be more dependant on skill than just spamming 1 spell. This is what makes the game fun to play, and it is becoming less and less prevalent.

No, nerfing it now will piss off a lot of Mages. It's like they don't want Mages to play WotLK. It's a 51 point talent and has a three second cooldown for a reason. That's what we trade for it. We didn't sign up for another extremely underwhelming talent for 51 talent points.

Also, the .62 co-efficient has been confirmed by many Mages on the beta. They're not happy, the few that are actually playing Mages (most Mages--even the alpha testers--are playing Death Knights now).

More and more, I'm questioning whether I should even purchase WotLK. Blizzard doesn't deserve money for not listening to their customers. Not mine at least. I think others feel the same way, since they gained 1.8 million customers and their sales are actually down, not up. http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=19574
    i'm with you man, I've been playing a mage since the beginning of the game, and while it was a fun run, if blizzard doesn't get their acts together and get mages back into gear, i might just switch to my rogue, or even a DK if their play styles amuse me enough.

Sadly, While the 51 point talent is awesome, thats all blizzard can see. "a good 51 point talent" in their eyes. BUT, COMPARE IT with every other class's 51 point talents, and you come to realize that arcane barrage really is not that great after all, in some comparisons, its kind of crappy.

Funny how we get this crap barrage thats being nerfed still.... while

Hunters get; new exotic pets like devilsaur from un'goro
    Warlocks get; a huge demonic form thats overpowered in a hundred more ways than one,
    Druids get; a berserk that allows them immunity to most CCs and extra health or damage.
    Warriors get; a leap, not only very strong, but giving them their 3rd way to reach their target.
    Rogues; instant-auto vanishes? MURDER SPREE?

The list goes on, I could QQ for hours if I wanted.

But I'll leave it at that. Blizzard knows we got the short stick on 51 point talents. Their shaping up the frost one, but the fire/arcane talents need to be trashed.

IF Arcane Barrage co-efficient is brought back up to something reasonable, I'll be happy if it stays, if it's not then it has to go.

Just my thoughts, although blizzard would never see them :P
    [Quit All Games in 2010] [Never coming back!]
    [Too busy working and having a life] [It's been fun, Later!]

NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF ...

It's no fucking nerf, its an adjustment... whenever an ability gets changed to be not so powerfull the crythreads start... you can't nerf stuff thats not really been there.

It's a nerf when it cuts the effective damage by roughly one-third. An adjustment would be five to at most ten percentage points change. Even then, if that five to ten points effectively alters the spell negatively, it's probably a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Venorize

Warriors get; a leap, not only very strong, but giving them their 3rd way to reach their target.
    Yeah warriors have some major problems getting to their targets in PvE, because you know what, heroic leap is IN THE PVE TREE, that's like swapping places with living bomb and deep freeze

And the PvP talent sucks for PvP, except for mass zerging in BGs
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

It's a nerf when it cuts the effective damage by roughly one-third. An adjustment would be five to at most ten percentage points change. Even then, if that five to ten points effectively alters the spell negatively, it's probably a nerf.
    Arbitrary numbers ftw. But seriously, allow me to beat the dead horse. This is a beta. Things change.

How about Blizzard doesn't release any information or allow betas at all? Would that satisfy you?

This is a beta. Things change.
    This.

Seriously, if you're not in the Beta, or at least posting in the proper official feedback threads, then Blizzrd is most likely ignoring you atm. Try being some of the less tested classes. I know for a fact that there are plenty of Druids who are pissed cause they have the least info reprted on their class. And warriors have seen the least to be excited about. They're mostly getting BC 2.0 instead of new things.

Just seeing how a week and a half ago this forum was full of "WTF? mages get nothing!" threads and now that they've had major overhauls to all of the trees in what seems to be a blitz of mage review, now we're stuck with these types of threads.

Oy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Generalisations ftw.

This. Holy hell you cry a lot.

If you have nothing to contribute, don't post. You're free to disagree with me, but at least put some effort into your disagreement.