Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunters, need the biggest nerf?

You have mortal strike, dispel, conc shot to kite, big read i win button, silence among many more abilities, now your getting a ranged execute?

Seriously. What the hell is going on.

Where is the paladins ability to reduce healing done? Where is our ability to get out of the constant kiting? Where is our silence ability?

Come on, this game is becoming retarded with regards to hunters.

Deleted

Re: Hunters, need the biggest nerf?

get a clue

Deleted

qq more

Hunter dont need any nerf the ar fine

so you think all classes shuld have all that or ? gg

all classes ar difrent if you dont like it dont play so simpel is it

Deleted

i wonder which class is most least representated in arena, hmm hunters maybe?
    get a clue before posting anything

Quote Originally Posted by Divine
    So because your not well represented in arena, you think that justifies having a range execute on a 6 sec cooldown?

STFU. Seriously. Hunters are already seriously overpowered. They are the only class in the game with Mortal strike, dispel and silence.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    So because your not well represented in arena, you think that justifies having a range execute on a 6 sec cooldown?

STFU. Seriously. Hunters are already seriously overpowered. They are the only class in the game with Mortal strike, dispel and silence.
    And also the only class in the game, completely shutdown when in melee.

Because, without skill you do nothing with this class and 90% of hunters are huntards.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine
    Atleast hunters have viable specs for arena. How many feral, moonkin druids do you see? Holy, retri paladins?

Hunters in PvE are actually quite ridiculous, everything they have just scales so amazingly well, especially if you have a clue on how to play the class and balance your gear (haste in particular) to provide maximum gains.

Case in point, hunter in my guild hit 2.4k dps on teron, with only 1 piece of T6, in a group with full drums, 2 other BM hunters, a feral and a resto shaman. The second highest dps our guild has ever had on teron was still shy of 2k at comparable gear levels.

Now if that isn't OP I don't know what is. And no the rest of us aren't shit before you go down that road.

Yes. And Moonkin is a class.

Got it?

Hmmm I channel mortal strike over a 3 second cast... Got interrupt or even knockback.

I don't spec into silence, and dispel is on a 6 second cooldown. Yes i eat paladins for breakfast. Does that mean paladins cant beat me. No, but they have a hard time of it. There is a aspect of this game that many players seem to ignore, the fact that 1 class will, in most cases beat another. On a level playing field of gear, skill, and latency, the abilities one class has will dominate over others.

I play a BM hunter, a holy paladin, and recently a feral druid. I can say that 1/2 of the time i come across a rogue, i will lose. Why? CoS, Vanish, Blind, Poisons, etc. (god forbid they are preparation) While i CAN beat them i am disadvantaged due to the numerous abilities a rogue can use to escape the kite or prevent me from kiting altogether.

Your complaints are unjustified if your to a point of such frustration that you can no longer deal with hunter shenanigans then roll a subtlety rogue, but even then i cannot guarantee your victory.

You have mortal strike, dispel, conc shot to kite, big read i win button, silence among many more abilities, now your getting a ranged execute?
    I play a Hunter so Im not gonna debate to much here, but please tell me how I can have Beastial Wrath and Silenceshot?

And your forgetting some abilitys: Wing Clip, Scattershot(MM), Deterrence(SV) & Intimidation(BM), but as you can see we cant have all those abilitys at once.

Just to finish this of, a wiseman once said "Dont yell nerf other classes, yell buff mine".

Thandrin

Seriously. What the hell is going on.

Where is the paladins ability to reduce healing done? Where is our ability to get out of the constant kiting? Where is our silence ability?

Come on, this game is becoming retarded with regards to hunters.
    I agree that hunters are OP now and getting even more redicilous in wotlk, but what is this ranged execute you speak of? Could you link it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Lylz
    And also the only class in the game, completely shutdown when in melee.
    Erm no. Feign death, wing clip, big red, 5yrd range?

So you again justify the need for all these abilities based on you are supposed to be shut down in melee and under represented in arena?

Quote Originally Posted by Thandrin
    I agree that hunters are OP now and getting even more redicilous in wotlk, but what is this ranged execute you speak of? Could you link it for me?
    http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/07/31...ved-abilities/

Kill Shot Rank 1
    475 Mana 5 - 45 yd range
    Instant cast 6 sec cooldown
    Requires Ranged Weapon
    You attempt to finish the wounded target off, firing a long range attack dealing weapon damage plus [RAP * 0.15 + 325]. Causes an additional 745 to 825 bonus damage against targets at or under 20% health.

Kill shot

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

127 posts i would have thought this would mean you participated on something else than official PvP Blizazrd cry forum.

anyway i know it wont help you understand facts and circumstances with tunnelview now but at least one can try, right?

Mortal strike => aimed shot
    this is a talent.
    it has a cast time. the problem with cast time is that hunters usualy have no time to stand still in arenas due to various abilities of opponent classes to get in melee range/ behind pillars/stun or cc the hunter
    in fact it needs very good teamplay and i really mean very good to shoot one of these shots of.
    another issue is that aimed shot sets the autoshot timer back so on a dps scale this will produce a loss of damage over time. the shot itself doesnt produce a reasonable amount of damage either.
    now for the conclusion the shot duration only lasts short. the problem is that unlike warriors and rogues hunters cant spam this to keep the 50% up all the time. it means if hunters have this shot or not it doesnt matter. all hunters can live without it since there is like no real situation that a hunter can produce to use it planed and frequently.

silence shot
    it isnt as effect as priest and mage silence. it doesnt lock the schools and is currently endtalent and for that lvl actually weak.

beastwithin
    well you are throwing in all usefull talents of hunters.
    41/41/x doesnt exist.

you can have either beastwithin OR silenceshot and scatter

the trouble with beast within is that its a good 1vs1 talent but arena is about 2vs2 3vs3 and 5vs5. after the duration ends the hunter has no reasonable counters to anything anymore except providing damage and by all means hunters dont win arenas through damage in 90% of cases. to mitigate this skill you either kill the pet fast (whcih has no resilience in season4) or you hug pillards and sit out the pets cute damage and dont let the hunter LOS you.

scattershot
    4sec duration 24 sec cd
    versus what is it effectivly used?

you cant get rid of any melee class on you through this. you will end having a slow on you and 4sec equals something like 2-3 yards.

hunters use that shot for their freezing trap and when you think about it its odd. you use a cc ability to get soemthing cced with another cc. think like a mage has to counterspell his opponenet to sheep him...

arcane shot
    some hunters tend to say they dont like that buff to dispell but seriously together with the deadzone fix this is the only chance in arenas to have ana rgument about whose versus paladin,shaman or hunter. without this shot hunters would be deadly down at bottom.

the use is simple. mostly it dispells Hots/shields/buffs so this is the real MS debuff for hunters but it is less effective than MS on warriors and posion on rogues when you calculate the cd the dispell resistance through talents and various effects like that of lifebloom blooming for the endroll through dispell.

anyway representation has a value and retribution paladins are not weaker than hunters . in fact there are more ret palas in 3vs3 and 2vs2 successfull than hunters.

Thandrin

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/07/31...ved-abilities/

Kill Shot Rank 1
    475 Mana 5 - 45 yd range
    Instant cast 6 sec cooldown
    Requires Ranged Weapon
    You attempt to finish the wounded target off, firing a long range attack dealing weapon damage plus [RAP * 0.15 + 325]. Causes an additional 745 to 825 bonus damage against targets at or under 20% health.
    LOL, guess I need to start leveling my hunter after all lol.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=53351

Its another instant cast (on the run) shot to boot. So it can and will be used alongside arcane shot during a kite.

I agree every class should have its anti class. But this game is increasingly becoming a 2 class game.

Warlock and hunter. Every other class doesn't have the abilities they have on the scale they do.

No class should be the anti class to more then 1-2 classes. Hunters and Warlocks are to all but 1 class each.