Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question:Hunting Party

If it procs when you are in a group with a feral druid who is in cat form, does it restore both energy and mana for him?
    Or just energy?

Re: Question:Hunting Party

most likely just energy mate

It would just be energy, considering that the druid would be using energy atm.

Hunters, the new all round shadow priest.

It'd be very interesting for a tank as well though, especially when he's rage starved, like p2 reliquary.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr

It'd be very interesting for a tank as well though, especially when he's rage starved, like p2 reliquary.
    It's gonna be interesting to see how Surv Hunter vs Shadow Priest will end up in terms of regen. Shadow Priests do fixed mana regen, while Surv hunters need large mana pools in their party to compete, but get the rage/energy/runic power added to it. Gonna be fun trying out raid compositions

A friend of mine is employee of Activision, he's got access to Beta, and all he said is that Hunting Party is complete ownage, he tried it out and as he stated: This shit procced all the time and needs a serious nerf. So the nerf came and it's just 60% proc chance, still it's great, and 8sec cooldown doesn't make it any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr

i think its just stupid that people are like:

"OMG HUNTING PARTY!! THATS TAKING OVER THE SHADOWPRIESTS JOB WE SUCK NOW!! NERF HUNTERS OP OP OP"

but in fact we are finally getting some viability in raids..

where b4 it was hardly more than 1 hunter in a raid now there is at least some representation of us in the times to come

well, the diference is the shadow priest isnt a pure dps class and does shit dps, hunter is a dps class and can do awesome, dont know how much they should buff really
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Matkar
    well, the diference is the shadow priest isnt a pure dps class and does shit dps, hunter is a dps class and can do awesome, dont know how much they should buff really
    Survival hunters do not do "awesome" DPS compared to BM, and Shadow priest is a hybrid specc anyway, so I think Survival should be just as viable to buff people around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Shadow priests do shit DPS because nobody cares for it and they never get group synergy. A decent Shadow Priest should be able to do 1500 DPS in end-game, which in the expansion will still be 150mp5 to the group. For that same effect, a Surv Hunter with a decent crit rate needs to be in a group with all 15k mana pools, something we probably won't be seeing untill lvl 80 raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Idt
    i think its just stupid that people are like:

"OMG HUNTING PARTY!! THATS TAKING OVER THE SHADOWPRIESTS JOB WE SUCK NOW!! NERF HUNTERS OP OP OP"

but in fact we are finally getting some viability in raids..

where b4 it was hardly more than 1 hunter in a raid now there is at least some representation of us in the times to come

Please do indicate where my post degenerated into a leetspeekretardpost, as far as i can see, i just wrote it would be interesting.

Remember Ret Paladins and Resto Druids are also getting resource regen abilities, however this will be in a game without any chain chugging so i wouldn't worry about SPs loosing their niche

I suspect Hunting Party will get quite a few tweeks over the next few weeks to change the mechanics
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

One thing i'm wondering is if the cooldown applies per hunter, or if it's a shared cooldown.

oh thats a good point, if it doesn't a group of 5 Survival hunters will be an endless self perpetuating mana generating machine
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

15+ Year Old Account

I would leave the raid if my hunter was put in a group where I don't benefit from anything :P

Though with all changes I can only benefit from druids and other hunter speccs since totem for example is raid wide ^_^

Hmm stick me in a group with an ele shaman, boomkin and 2 SV hunters pls :>

Endless AB spam hooooo 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Utal
    Survival hunters do not do "awesome" DPS compared to BM, and Shadow priest is a hybrid specc anyway, so I think Survival should be just as viable to buff people around.
    Once you get good enough gear and more importantly agi SV can completely compete DPS wise and if you raid melee heavy the expose weakness proc is invaluable.

Shadow priests don't do shit dps, a shadow priest in my raid is usually in top 5 dps on Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r
    Once you get good enough gear and more importantly agi SV can completely compete DPS wise and if you raid melee heavy the expose weakness proc is invaluable.
    It's also a big help for the tank's threat.
    Which means all the other player in the raid can do more dps before overaggroing as well.

what happenes if u have a group with
    1 shadow priest
    1 healing druid
    1 ret pally
    and 1 surv hunter

will a pally with 3 k mana only last a 15 minuite fight ..?