Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Funniest Place You've Ever Intercepted Into?

under one of the huts in Razorfen Kraul, near deathspeaker, one of the trashes had run, and was under the lip of one of the hut rooves, i slammed intercept and ended up half underground under the hut roof, unable to move, auto unstuck then a shout to a blizz emplyee cos hearth was still on 30 mins

mid-air too, if you are ever lucky enough to be stunned at the precise moment you intercept or intervene, you will intercept either straight up in the air for 25 yards (im not kidding) or will perform your intercept manouevre but will end up "above" the target and will remain so until you jump or find some way to perform a movement which brings your char down

Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.

Re: Funniest Place You've Ever Intercepted Into?

Well I havn't had anything like that but I did ding in the middle of an intercept (or a charge).

did a 3v3 at BeM arena and I was downstairs chasing a druid who ran up. During my intercept he jumped, must've been exaclty when the distance were equal to the distance I've ran and the distance to the druid. Anyhow, my char ran up towards the druid, like 25 yards then back all the way down. Was like a 5 sec intercept

intercepted off the cliff in AV once, not sure why i did it.

<Tab>'d to the wrong mob and pulled about 2-3 more than i wanted too!

In AB, I always jump down from LM to the road or from the road down to Mine...i would imagine the alliance chars are always like "WTF NO FALL DMG!"

Charging from height is a great joy, especially with a big 2hander Also I love to intercept back up to LM when I was thrown down by a mind control. I can only imagine the look in the priests' face

They might have fixed it by now, but you used to be able to intercept/charge/intervene from the floor of the WSG horde base to someone standing on the roof, causing you to charge down the tunnel, out the side door, and up the hill onto the roof. Of course by the time you get up there they're long gone.

My ultimate goal goes like this:
    1. Leap off cliff in AB.
    2. Enemy player leaps off after me.
    3. I charge enemy player in midair.
    4. I intercept/intervene back up to someone else standing on top of the cliff.
    5. ???
    6. Profit.

In AB intercept is good for following these nab druids who use travel form to escape, then swim form to escape underwater, they think theyve got away and then you floor interpect and swim at high speeds after them.
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.

ætti mørkna

My favorite ever was in a WSG when we were in a stalemate, and I arrived after a failed attack on the horde FC. Midway through him casting healing touch on himself, I hit charge and flew off the ledge in the flag room down to the tauren and got a critical execute and returned the flag with 5 bewildered horde standing around.

The most glitchy intercept ever... Intercepted an undead in EOTS, over one of the mounds before midfield. For whatever reason, when my character went over the mound, she glitched and fell through the floor to a long, long death. ???

when pathing was bugged

i was in the alliance flagroom and intercepted to a person standing on the roof

i ran all the way from the flagroom up to the roof in an intercept..
    that week was the best week in my whole warrior carreer

Me and another fighting a priest at the lumber mill, i saw the priest casting mind control on my teammate as i was running around feared, i dropped target for some reason then spammed tab to get the priest back on target so i could intercept him.. well, he had already MC'd my partner and the tab roulette picked him instead for the intercept. Only he was already mid air on his way off the edge, so we both fell to our deaths as the priest capture the lumbermill.

Looong 1's in WSG.

prolly the weirdest intercept ive ever had was at AB BS.. it was totally random and the odds are 1 to a million. i intercepted a mage then halfway thru i literally fell thru the ground and kept on falling to the abyss below.. i was still in the BG and stil lgettin honor... but i couldnt see myself coz i was too far down and all i could do is see my arrow on the map move by itself everywher... at least i ddint get AFK kiked or reported or anythin... we won and i still got honor

15+ Year Old Account

i forget who it was, but i heard of some warrior intercepting a mob in slavepens near the 2nd boss (one of the lobster doods) while in the water in the middle. his character then proceeded to run through the tunnel to the first boss, continued running up the ramps, over the bridge, falling down, up the ramp out of the water, exiting the tunnel all the way to mob. he died shortly thereafter due to the army of mobs running after him.

Funnest intercept of mine would be a combination of Charge, Intercept, and Intervene i used in WSG. While a typical game where 8 middle ground fighters from either side went on and on killing each other i finally managed to grab the alliance flag take it down the tunnel, and upon exiting charge a nearby alliance character, intercept to another 25 or so yards further down, then intervene to a friendly horde char another 25 or so yards down. I don't think the alliance even noticed i passed through since i crossed 75 yards in about 4 seconds leaving only a really long and straight blue streak from the flag behind.

Back in the old AV days that lasted for hours we were once again stalmate at the infamous "bridge of doom". A hunter and a Priest went around the GY with the Priest standing on top near the entrance and the Hunter halfway down on a ledge. Hunter couldn't die because he was getting heals and the only way to get to the Priest was ofc the long way around meeting several of his friends along the way.

So I ended up charging the Hunter straight upwards a wall for 20y, then jumped towards the priest and spammed Intercept. I had just enough range to get it, which send me BACK to the hunter, then 20y DOWN the same wall I just charged up, up the next one for 40-50y and ending up next to a very surprised Priest :P

And then I got PoM-Pyro'd and died >

not my intercept but funny nevertheless

before they fix rocket boots in wsg

my friend's rogue grab flag, and then rocket boots + parachute cloak half way across the map.

one day a timely intercept happened as he clicked on his macro to fly across wsg and resulted in a scenario of epic proportion: Upon landing, my friend's rogue is stunned. A warrior caught up to him with an intecept..... half way across the map
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Back in the old AV days that lasted for hours we were once again stalmate at the infamous "bridge of doom". A hunter and a Priest went around the GY with the Priest standing on top near the entrance and the Hunter halfway down on a ledge. Hunter couldn't die because he was getting heals and the only way to get to the Priest was ofc the long way around meeting several of his friends along the way.

So I ended up charging the Hunter straight upwards a wall for 20y, then jumped towards the priest and spammed Intercept. I had just enough range to get it, which send me BACK to the hunter, then 20y DOWN the same wall I just charged up, up the next one for 40-50y and ending up next to a very surprised Priest :P

And then I got PoM-Pyro'd and died >
    That's one of the better comical events I've heard about in AV ;D
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Quote Originally Posted by Devidose
    That's one of the better comical events I've heard about in AV ;D
    It is sometimes used to get into the back of the Horde base as well, although it's situational (need target at ledge) and not that much of a gain since you can just jump over the front wall and mount up in :P