WOTLK: Gold? What do i need!!

I've been playing beta for a few hours now and the gold seems pretty low, I'm looking for some replys of level 75+ players and people that know alot about WOTLK in general.

1. How much gold is your reccomendation to enter WOTLK.
    2. How much gold is made from 60-70 (average as i know the caps 77)
    3. Whats your thoughts on Items i should stockpile for WOTLK?
    4. Should i sell all my primals/voids/prismatics now and sit happy for a few months?
    [ ]

Re: WOTLK: Gold? What do i need!!

1. However much you need, honestly. A couple thousand per character will be more than enough unless you want to buy the 8k rings in Dalaran the second you hit level 80.
    2. I made about 800g on my main, and about 1100g each on my 4 alts. I don't sell anything in the AH, since I use anything and everything for tradeskills I personally use.
    3. Mats mats mats! Just go in with everything you think you'll need to level up tradeskills and sell to others so they can level theirs. Herbalists will make a killing on inscription.
    4. No. That's just foolish, unless you have so many that they're overflowing in your bank. See #3 as to why.

Hope that helps.

15+ Year Old Account

Why not do the Isle of Quel'danas dailies every day untill WotLK comes out. They can be done in 45 minutes. Every day 100g for only 45 minutes of work, for a total of four months which equals to 120 days. So, 100g a day for 120 days will give you 12k gold. I'd say that's enough. And that's without all the other dailies in Outland. You will probably be able to get 2.5 times the amount of gold if you did the full 25 dailies a day. That's 30k gold. :P
    Statix will suffice.

I have 19,299 gold now.

i have 20 of each primal and more.
    over 150 voids and 50 or so prismatics.

i think i might farm herbs if there going to be that huge.
    [ ]

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm sitting at just under 20k at the moment. As of 2 weeks ago I had 400g.

I have a Rogue that is geared decent enough, has everything I wanted through T5. He is also an enchanter.

So everyday, I do my dailies on the island, I fly to Light's Hope from there, I do 2 Baron runs which take about 25 minutes each. Every Baron Run gets me 8 LBS, 3-6 Greater Eternals, 10-12 Illusion Dust.

I do the rest of my dailies and then I go do whatever I need to do in real life for the day. After in the evening I jump on and do a few more strat runs, this time including live side for Righteous Orbs that still sell amazingly well.

A few caveats however.

I liquidated my bank, so I will not be able to sustain this money growth indefinitely, I average about 800g a day for about 4-5 hours "work". Sometimes up to 1300, and never less than 500.

I took the rest of the expansion off of raiding, so I have no commitments other than prepping myself for WotLK and my Death Knight.

If you're in the same boat I am, I recommend selling everything you can, other than perhaps Enchanting materials..everything else will cease to have value. Primals? Sell them...remember Essences? Yea..they will be the same.

I'm personally shooting for 50k gold, but I'm already getting bored of the same old routine so we will have to see how that goes.

I can't think of any items you'd want to stockpile unless you are changing professions.

You don't "need" any more than probably a few thousand gold. Blizz would not make the gold needed for any xpac so much that a new player would not be able to enjoy the game without farming gold for weeks or months on end.

The question is more how much do "you" need to make yourself happy... only you can answer that.

Thanks Groznar that was clear ta!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech
    You don't "need" any more than probably a few thousand gold. Blizz would not make the gold needed for any xpac so much that a new player would not be able to enjoy the game without farming gold for weeks or months on end.

The question is more how much do "you" need to make yourself happy... only you can answer that.
    well thats exactly it i want to walk into WOTLK and be able to feel comftable with everything.
    [ ]

ikillbigppl

idk personaly im working on my paladin for wrath. i have a rogue atm that i farm dailys with im up to 3.7k now not counting the 200g i have in the ah from drops... i have 3 other 70s but the gold i make from 1 a day more than makes up for what i spend on lvling my alt. i plan to buy my epic flying on my paladin when i hit 70... about 1-2 monthes from now then farm on my paladin and rogue's dailys. get my black smithing up on my paladin as my rogue has 375 mining. and get my rogues herb to 375 and stock pile herbs to shoot inscription up as fast as posible. i figure if i do all of that i should be siting at 15-20k g if i farm the herbs and ore my self.

im doing nothing but that untill wrath comes out so it shouldn't be to long ;D can't wait

i alrdy have the gold i need for wrath just making alittle extra.
    doing all 25dailys on my hunter and farming deposits so earn about 400g+ a day.

currently sitting on 20kg+ myself.

pretty much sell what you knw you wont need or most likely use come wrath time.
    looting the junk from npc bodies adds up fairly quickly gold wise.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

It should be noted that one of the reasons I'm setting the bar so high for myself is I saw a friend do this going into BC and he bought all the epic patterns when they first hit the AH and made serious cash. I mean a crazy amount, the guy was sitting at 80k before Quel'Danas even opened up.

Plan for the future, you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by kootch
    1. How much gold is your reccomendation to enter WOTLK.
    2. How much gold is made from 60-70 (average as i know the caps 77)
    3. Whats your thoughts on Items i should stockpile for WOTLK?
    4. Should i sell all my primals/voids/prismatics now and sit happy for a few months?
    1. 1,000 Gold as a buffer and you are fine.
    2. don't know (you probably mean 70-80)
    3. and 4. not sure. Many new death knights will get their professions powerleveled, so there will be a demand for profession mats. There are many people already stockpiling for that case, though. So the supply might not be short enough to drive up the prices substantially.