Warrior Looking for Help

I am a simple warrior, I don't play much and I am looking towards WOTLK with great joy but also numerous ??? over my head. With all the new things coming out, I am a bit lost. Any ideas about builds I could take? Here's a list of what I like and what I don't.

1. I hate tanking. I hate defensive stance and I really suck at tanking.
    2. I want to do some real damage.
    3. I don't care about 1Hs and 2Hs.
    4. I am a casual player, I don't have loads of money, weaponry or gear.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer!

Re: Warrior Looking for Help

Quote Originally Posted by Luipet
    I am a simple warrior, I don't play much and I am looking towards WOTLK with great joy but also numerous ??? over my head. With all the new things coming out, I am a bit lost. Any ideas about builds I could take? Here's a list of what I like and what I don't.

Please note that a lot is going to change (hopefully for the better) to the class when WotLK comes out. The CMs seem to convey the impression that the Warrior class in Beta is seriously out of wack and needs lots of work.

1: Tanking - the WotLK Warrior is intended to tank any instance with suitable gear.

That means that Arms and Fury Warriors can decently tank instances without having to respec.

Protection Warriors are simply more flexible at it - they have more tools to stay alive and hold aggro. At least, that's the plan.

If you don't want to tank even part time, I honestly can say that after WotLK comes out, you may seriously want to rethink playing a Warrior, 'cause the class is pretty much going to be synonymous with "Tank".

2: Warriors do damage, sure. Particularly the Arms and Fury specs. Question is, how does Warrior DPS compare vs. Rogues? DKs? Feral Druids?

Right now, DPS Warriors have it rough getting a DPS slot for non-raid runs due to lack of CC or utility other than tanking. Don't see that changing so far in WotLK...

3: Weapon selection for warriors is usually a matter of spec, though some of the talents in Fury seem to imply a change in this mentality. But most "wat shud i use?" gearing posts are only relevant at endgame and typically decided with the assistance/agreement of the guild/raid leader.

4: Casual = patience. Expect your gear progression to go more slowly, but essentially you shouldn't have too much trouble getting to where you want to be. This may be a good thing, as by the time to get to endgame/level cap, you'll understand how your class works.

TLDR version: If you don't want to tank, try a Rogue, Feral Druid or DK when WotLK comes out. If you don't mind using Mana, Retribution Paladins and Enh Shamans are good too.

You have to tank, you can't do real damage. Reroll.

15+ Year Old Account

Ok, im not going to be like the one over me here. He is asking for help dude, dont /rofl at him and turn ur back to him=/

Maybe you could try Arms down to (and if u want to) Bladestorm for some burst dmg with great bleed effects. Or you can stop at Mortal Strike in Arms and go rest into fury.
    You can always go dual weilding 1h or 2h as Fury aswell. I suggest u should just try speccing alittle with the Talent Calculator and see if u find a spec u like.

I also suggest u should go and look at the thread in Warrior forums which is named something with "They cant let us down, they WONT. Arms, more than just PvP!" and press some of the links in there and check out the specs.

Hope i were to any help mate.

Try what you think you like, go for that, not harder..

if you end up with a good chunk of hit rating on your gear and like to PVE, go mostly fury, a little in arms.

if you don't end up with much hit rating, go mostly arms a little in fury, and PVP to get some easy gear there.

experiment with both ways of doing things and see which you like best. both put out a good amount of damage depending on your gear, but keep in mind warriors are the most gear dependent class here.

and lol at Verden Odela, you have no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Verden Odela

Once they have the gear + good group synergy, warriors do great damage.
    Its just their rage dump causes a lot of threat and they end up either dying or having to not heroic strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Verden Odela

get a clue, rofl :P

But I agree, way tom any warriors out there refusing to tank.. It's a part of our class, and it helps a lot if people bother to do it whenever it's needed..
    But then again, it's the same as forcing druids to go resto, or paladins to go prot.. you don't see that happening every day either
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

I guess it depends on what you mean by "real damage." Obviously the better gear you have, the more you'll close the gap with the other dps'ers, but as a casual chances are you won't be running 25-mans regularly, if ever (no offense meant by that. Raiding just takes more time than casual players are typically willing to put into the game). With that in mind, I think you should do what you can to have fun when you play. If you truly want to be a damage dealer and go on runs, then perhaps you should look into rogues or another kind of dps (mage or warlock maybe). Otherwise give tanking another try, you don't know, it might grow on you. The alternative would be to find a group of friends that are very understanding and are willing to work with you to fit you into a 5-man crew and just make the tank work a little harder (since warriors bring no CC to the table).

Hate tanking, not prot... want to do real damage, don't care about 1hs and 2hs, not sure what that means, that's all melee can use. If PvP is your game, Mortal strike fury, if dps in instances, fury arms.