100% Raid dps talent building. Advice wanted.

Ok, so i've been looking into the new hunter talents and trying to figure out what overall raid dps spec would be the best. So far, once again, i have come to the BM tree to take me to endgame raiding.

Hunter : http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

Pet : http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?petcalc=0Vdc0fczzhoo

First off since the 51 talent point is NYI - and i have no idea what exotic pets will bring, if it happends to be not worth it - i would take out aspect mastery and beast mastery and max efficiency.

Toss up - Efficincey VS Improved tracking 5% Dmg increase to targets that you track, ooh so yummy. since NYI on this i would say Efficncey for now.

Still unsure on these to as well due to the new talent Invigoration would this make up for no point in efficincey, with the speed of steady shot we needed efficincey in BC to cover the times your not using viper. If in fact this talent will make up for efficincey and i'm guessing that it will coz Invigoration sounds really powerfull, lets face it, pets are never short of critting especiallu when linked with cobra strikes. ( unsure if there is a invisable CD on Invigoration yet )

Feedback wanted.

Re: 100% Raid dps talent building. Advice wanted.

I think maybe http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000
    would be a better raiding spec
    And for the pet, I think Lick Your Wounds would be a great survivability talent for it, and charge wouldn't be too useful for raiding either, so i'd switch the points thur.

Also, how useful is 4% hit for your pet? Would the 2 points be better off somewhere else?

Could you explain your choices in aspect mastery and 5/5 frenzy over 4/5 frenzy.

4/5 frenzy is more than enough to cover the proc being up almost perminitly the extra point there seems wasted, imo.

Aspect mastery, This talent, is way under powered for a 5 point talent maybe if they made it 3/3 it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache
    I don't want to call him stupid, so I wont.

But did you think about this allready?
    Move 2 from endurance to mend pet, so you will have more mana.
    And use the one wasted point in Aspect Mastery for Master's Call which, even if used once a week... is of more use then aspect mastery.

This will get you this:
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=ctbMzgxRwuMesz0eVb0V

Also for the pet I think it might be helpfull if you take one point from Dash or Charge to get the Licking Wounds thing. It heals for 50% of his total over 10 seconds.
    Ok for a start, half the time mend pet is needed is purely due to pet death after a boss wipe, therefore what a waste of 2 points. Improved mend pet is usefull in some very rare and unique cases IE - you have no chain healing shamans in your raid, or your shamans really suck. I'm currently at endgame raiding in bc at a high level. While i have not ventured into sunwell yet, i haven't used mend pet on a boss once yet - and it dosen't die either.

Licking wounds - same thing again, the pet does not take enough damage to justify this and a 10 sec channeled spell is just wasting time dpsing.

as for the one point out of aspect mastery into master's call, master's call is more or less 100% pvp talent, where as even 1 point in AM would make more use than this.

i don't want to call you stupid, so i wont.

Of course i am not a beta tester so i could not say whether the pet would need mend pet in future instance and raids. hence why i say " for now "

My advice would be to wait for at least three more months, because there will be so many changes before and even after release, that you can't possibly find a viable lvl 80 raid spec now that's not going to be subject to change, with any class.
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blockbuster
    My advice would be to wait for at least three more months, because there will be so many changes before and even after release, that you can't possibly find a viable lvl 80 raid spec now that's not going to be subject to change, with any class.
    You have a valid point i'm just drumming up ideas for the future here

You shouldn't be tunnel visioned, the one point in aspect mastery would mostly be for the viper aspect and not the hawk aspect. 2% more into viper would be much more usefull than masters call.

I do apologise for my " i wont call him stupid remark " as i thought u was talking to me and while i do want feed back i don't want to be flamed.

nor should anyone else be flamed.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=cxbG0xxRiuMesz0eVbZx
    Although you could change Bestial Discipline to Imp. Mend Pet, Master's Call or Rapid Killing, dependant on your playstyle and raiding environments.

As for Aspect Mastery goes, I can't test it, but the tooltip seems to indicate that you get a multiplier on the mana received rather then increasing the Int->mana multiplier.
    In other words, with max rank you would get 110% * (20-55% Int + 30% lvl) or 22-60,5% Int + 33% lvl rather then 30-65% Int + ??% lvl. That is, if the tooltip gives accurate information though.

Raiding Build

This is surely going to be my raiding build.

I find mend pet pretty much useless, it's just a waste, your pet will heal himself with bloodthirsty and anyway u'll have some healer using aoe heals in the raid

Aspect mastery is awesome imho, and not for the viper aspect ( wich probably will be used much less with the new invigoration talent, new JoWisdom mechanic and JotWise if you have a retry pala in your raid ) but for Hawk aspect

Master's call con be a nice "utility" in some fights with bosses slowing you, tho i only put a telent on it because i don't know where to put it

Same for improved revive pet, kinda useless with hearth of the phoenix ( if ever your pet manages to die, thing i find hard unless it takes aggro )

The last BM talent, even if many exotic pets are still not revealed i would take it if the devilsaur was the only exotic pet, +15% ap all the time, unless the skill fails to land, is just better than any other dps family skill

As for MM, i think i could move imed shot somewhere else...maybe in careful aim...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

U DONT NEED EFFICIENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?petcalc=0Vdc0fczzhoo
    A raptor would be better than a cat but that probably wont matter cause of the exotic pets.

Yes you doooooooooooo!!!!einz11!

u seriously have no clue how mana u will get from invigoration

Also dont forget that Cobra Strike causes next 3 pet attacks to Crit all giving mana back with Invigoration!!!!

Yes I do.
    It gives unlimited mana, and that is why it will be nerfed so hard it will hurt everywhere.
    its stupid to assume that blizz will nerf something that is overpowered, cuz they never do

Quote Originally Posted by dylpickleboy
    its stupid to assume that blizz will nerf something that is overpowered, cuz they never do
    They nerfed Art of War.

Quote Originally Posted by Menthorm
    They nerfed Art of War.
    Succy-sac still exists on Live

Quote Originally Posted by dylpickleboy
    u seriously have no clue how mana u will get from invigoration
    Sorry to disagree with you here, but seriously, there is going to be a hidden cooldown on this so till we have full details effic is still going to be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkozz
    Raiding Build

This is surely going to be my raiding build.

I find mend pet pretty much useless, it's just a waste, your pet will heal himself with bloodthirsty and anyway u'll have some healer using aoe heals in the raid

Aspect mastery is awesome imho, and not for the viper aspect ( wich probably will be used much less with the new invigoration talent, new JoWisdom mechanic and JotWise if you have a retry pala in your raid ) but for Hawk aspect

Master's call con be a nice "utility" in some fights with bosses slowing you, tho i only put a telent on it because i don't know where to put it

Same for improved revive pet, kinda useless with hearth of the phoenix ( if ever your pet manages to die, thing i find hard unless it takes aggro )

The last BM talent, even if many exotic pets are still not revealed i would take it if the devilsaur was the only exotic pet, +15% ap all the time, unless the skill fails to land, is just better than any other dps family skill

As for MM, i think i could move imed shot somewhere else...maybe in careful aim...
    You seriously cannot have aspect mastery over careful aim, it's just not justifed - like lava said, even at level 70 careful aim is more powerful than aspect mastery when used for hawk. Given that at 70 you have about 200 - 300 int depending on gear of course at level 80 i'm guessing this will shoot to 400 - 500. so for your 5 points in AM u get 150ap and 3 points in CA u get 400 - 500ap. wasted wouldn't you say?