Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: You think the Skeletal Gryphon is here to stay?

i think it's just a placeholder and DK's will get a kickass lookin flying mount. but still my cow on dragon will beat that anytime :P cow4life ^^

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    It's flying around karazhan also.
    Almost 3 pages till someone mentioned it.

I like the look of the Skeletal Gryphon, but a Frost Wyrm would be great ;D

Imo make it more fleshy, such as skeletal horses are.
    It will definitly make it more undead, but i guess it will look better than now as a parrot

I would just as soon make the Skeletal Gryphon available to all players, and add a DK questline to getting a Frostwyrm. A gold-sink would be a fair addition, but I agree, for such an epic mount, not exclusive enough by itself. Perhaps the questline for a Frostwyrm would actually require the Skeletal Gryphon?

I'm all about class-specific items, and the Frost Wyrm just fits like a glove for the DK class. If it takes longer to obtain a Frost Wyrm than a "regular" flying mount, then all's fair. But I definitely think it needs to be added somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore
    I would just as soon make the Skeletal Gryphon available to all players, and add a DK questline to getting a Frostwyrm. A gold-sink would be a fair addition, but I agree, for such an epic mount, not exclusive enough by itself. Perhaps the questline for a Frostwyrm would actually require the Skeletal Gryphon?

I'm all about class-specific items, and the Frost Wyrm just fits like a glove for the DK class. If it takes longer to obtain a Frost Wyrm than a "regular" flying mount, then all's fair. But I definitely think it needs to be added somehow.
    the DK should not get any more special treatment bar a simple mount, A more fleshy zombie gryphon or a spectral gryphon would do fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftSM
    The problem is it's not unique. Everyone will have the ability to buy skeletal gryphons in Northrend. The tooltips for Skeletal Gryphon and Swift Skeletal Gryphon are already in the game files. So why buy a "class" skeletal gryphon for 2000g when everyone can buy one for probably a lot less than that? It's got to be a placeholder.
    Until I, you know, see a vendor sold skeletal gryphon mount that doesn't deliberately say "Class: Death Knight" like right now, I don't personally care what the hell tooltips can be datamined, as the same evidence would tell me I could purchase my unbearably slow Crappy McWeaksauce back in TBC.

Ever think said tooltips could pop up depending on your riding skill, due to said scaling mount?

It's not evidenced to be a placeholder yet, even if it could be. Stop being in denial.

New DK Epic Flying mount = Skeletal Succubus with dead gnome locks in her belly

If they actually add some particle effects, then I could see it being a little more attractive for the relatively high cost. As it is *now*, though, it just doesn't look very Death knight-ish. It honestly looks more like a joke of a mount, which would be attainable by anyone. I think a lot of people like the Frost Wyrm, simply because it's already featured in the DK-only questline, not to mention the obvious ties with Artas. But if they spruce up the current Skeletal Gryphon, I think the complaints will die out pretty soon (though, I can assure you, people would be asking for a Frost Wyrm drop from raiding Icecrown :P)

As it is now , no way I'm going to use it. Blizz should make it like some sort of spectral gryphon, I think it would look badass

I dont think under any circumstance it should be in any form of a gryphon... It just doesnt mesh well being horde on a gryphon. Lore alone had it where dwarves were the only riders of a gryphon and some how they adapted humans to be able to pilot them, but allowing any race on all of azeroth to pilot them seems like a far stretch even in its undead form.

This motlikely will be a place holder or a ridable mount alliance side just as they will probably have an undead wyvern horde ( speculation)