Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    Now only reduces cast time by 20% at five stacks. That's what we get for counting our lava burst crits before they ... proc. You know?

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Fengas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    706

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...13350115201251
    i can still see 20% cast time reduction wich stacks up to 5 times.

  3. #3

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    Quote Originally Posted by Houndy
    Now only reduces cast time by 20% at five stacks. That's what we get for counting our lava burst crits before they ... proc. You know?
    Ya, dont forget that it has 5 talent points

  4. #4

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    Hahaha epic failure
    If in doubt afk out

    01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

  5. #5

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    Hardly a nerf, that means that after 5 crits you can instantly lava burst, Lightning bolt, chain lightning, etc.

    Enh shaman are very crit oriented so getting one crit after another within 15 seconds isnt that hard (when you get a new amount in the stack the buff is refreshed).

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Tygroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    Idk though. If you have 1 elemental shaman and 1 enhancement shaman in the raid, I think this talent should not be used. Why? Because the Elemental would benefit more from lava burst consuming the Enh's flame shock (assuming that is how it works). Seems like, depending on haste, a good rotation would be Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Repeat (Assuming that the Enhancement shaman is keeping flame shock up always and never use Earth shock). The elemental would get more of a boost than the Enh.

  7. #7

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen
    Idk though. If you have 1 elemental shaman and 1 enhancement shaman in the raid, I think this talent should not be used.
    Thats assuming the enh shaman is using Lava burst, he doesnt have to (and like you said, shouldnt if theres an ele shaman in the raid/group) use lava burst when he gets the 5 stacks.


  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Tygroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    Yeah, but even then, it'd probably still be more of a damage boost for the raid if the Elem used up the Flame Shock. Unless you are saying the enh can use lava burst when flame shock is not up, that'd be fine.

  9. #9

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy
    Thats assuming the enh shaman is using Lava burst, he doesnt have to (and like you said, shouldnt if theres an ele shaman in the raid/group) use lava burst when he gets the 5 stacks.
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=30160

    and I don't think lava burst will take off another shaman's flame shock

  10. #10

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    Umm hello? He can use chain lightning or lightning bolt?

    Why cant he just NOT use lava burst? Ever thing of that? DURRR

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Tygroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    That was basically my point:P Let the elem's have your flame shock, and you use something else, or use Lava Burst when it wouldn't consume your flame shock.

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral Tygroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    But then you also run the risk of consuming yours or other Enh shammies stormstrike charge, which would be even worse.

  13. #13

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen
    That was basically my point:P Let the elem's have your flame shock, and you use something else, or use Lava Burst when it wouldn't consume your flame shock.
    Huge /facepalm >.<

    Thats what i was trying to say from the beginning, but everyone was talking as if lava burst was the only option lol.

    Though what pharix said about the Tier 2 ele talent Elemental devastation http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=30160 it seems to be worth it to consume the flame shock for the 9% increased crit chance.

  14. #14

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    Why can't both Shamans consume thier OWN Flame Shock?

  15. #15

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    The warlock spell conflagrate cannot be used on another warlock's immolate, Lava Burst more than likely works the same way.


    With lava burst auto critting giving you 10% more crit chance and elemental focus if you spec it the elemental shaman can probably go to hell.

  16. #16

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    shams are going to be bathing in crit. i really dont see the boost from ED being something that will have benefits that out perform letting an ele sham soak up a flame shock. 1) flame shocks are terribly mana efficient. ele shams have mana issues as is. 2) lava bursting every 8 seconds on its cooldown, is going to give you 2 clear casting procs, which is a huge boost to an ele shams mana efficiency 3) elemental shaman with a meta gem do 106% extra damage plus the base of a spell highly boosted by spell damage. an enhance shammy will get 50%, and probably wont have as much spellpower as an ele sham.

    an enh shammy's stormstrikes are never tracked because of rogue poisons, hunter pets, etc. they can and should use chain lightning or lightning bolt after a storm strike. all you really lose is the melee crit, and again, no hwere near the return of an ele sham lava burst crit.

  17. #17

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    shams are going to be bathing in crit. i really dont see the boost from ED being something that will have benefits that out perform letting an ele sham soak up a flame shock. 1) flame shocks are terribly mana efficient. ele shams have mana issues as is. 2) lava bursting every 8 seconds on its cooldown, is going to give you 2 clear casting procs, which is a huge boost to an ele shams mana efficiency 3) elemental shaman with a meta gem do 106% extra damage plus the base of a spell highly boosted by spell damage. an enhance shammy will get 50%, and probably wont have as much spellpower as an ele sham.

    an enh shammy's stormstrikes are never tracked because of rogue poisons, hunter pets, etc. they can and should use chain lightning or lightning bolt after a storm strike. all you really lose is the melee crit, and again, no hwere near the return of an ele sham lava burst crit.
    You're assuming that you'll be able to consume someone else's spell, which will more than likely not be the case because of other similar mechanics (conflagrate) which do not allow you to.


    Either way, an enhance shaman is going to burn through a lot of mana thanks to this and lightning shield, so keeping elemental focus up with shamanistic focus will cause you to dump considerably less mana, and keeping elemental devistation up will allow you to cast lava burst MORE often and increase personal DPS greatly.

    Even if Lava Burst will take off another shaman's Flame Shock, what is so bad about an elemental shaman casting their own flame shock, especially with the new Storm, Earth and Fire talent. Last I checked elemental wasn't really hurting for mana in raid situations and thunderstorm will greatly lessen their mana problems.

  18. #18

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    If specced into Elemental Devastation, the Enhancement Shaman will most likely benfit more from a guaranteed spell crit.

    Also, it is unlikely that you can even consume someone else's shock. Which would make sense.

  19. #19

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    yas know we can always use this instant spell to do a heal on self or a needy tank...

  20. #20

    Re: Maelstrom Weapon Nerf

    All those people pointing to Conflagrate:
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=47829
    Ignites a target that is already afflicted by your Immolate,...
    While http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=51505
    ... If Flame Shock is on the target, ...
    It's rather more likely that both Enh & Ele spec will agree on using his Flame Shocks.
    I don't see the problem of the Enhancement Shaman using Flame Shock every 6 sec and both Shamans using LaB. An Ele Sham can't cast it more then every 9.5s (8s CD + hasted cast) and since Maelstrom will take about 15-20s to charge up anyway, it's not gonna be such a big problem.

    PS: Any Enhancement Shaman know if Maelstrom procs from WF crits? Just to be sure

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •