What happened to Hand of Purity?

Some time ago, when the Beta started, I found on a site the information that Blizzard told at the Worldwide Invitational:

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Hand of Purity: New ability that provides preemptive reactive healing on the target, similar to a single target version of Prayer of Mending.
    You can easily see that it is a Hand spell, like Protection or Freedom.
    Anyone knows something about it?

Re: What happened to Hand of Purity?

Quote Originally Posted by Aressolo
    Some time ago, when the Beta started, I found on a site the information that Blizzard told at the Worldwide Invitational Information:

You can easily see that it is a Hand spell, like Protection or Freedom.
    Anyone knows something about it?
    I think they replaced it with sacred shield, as they are similar in function

Sacred Shield Rank 1
    35 Mana 40 yd range
    Instant cast
    Each time the target takes damage they gain a Sacred Shield, absorbing 500 damage. They cannot gain this effect more than once every 6 seconds.

I only wish it did healing on hit rather than a damage shield, solving rage starvation issues, and general lag between the 6 second cooldown and how long it takes a tank to get hit (dodging everything lol) also if it healed instead it would have a chance to crit making the amount a bit more substantial

edit: i dont think heal crits should proc illumination as youre not healing them directly, your buff is! but it should proc sheath of light for ret paladins!

I thought it too, but I wasn't so sure.
    I like Sacred Shield, even if it doesn't heal.

Holy Shock -> Sacred Shield -> The tanks get less damage -> Refull with Holy shock when the cooldwon goes off.

Anyone knows its duration? It's not clear how much does it last from the tooltip...

It actually is, it lasts for 30 Seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Samiel
    It actually is, it lasts for 30 Seconds...
    Where did you read it? I can't see it... Maybe I'm blind?

EDIT: Ok, I saw it on wowhead. Thanks btw.

No problem!

ikillbigppl

if the damage obsorbed goes up with spell power a ret pally with 2k ap ( easy in wrath) would be looking at 1.1k damage obsorbed every 6 seconds for 30 seconds so 5.5k hp over a 30 second fight. i dont care what spec u are that would kill fast attacking players like rogue, druids, ehance shamans. i think this is a rather nice thing to have ( if it gets more with spell power )

2K AP is easy now...

Already have 2000 AP easily in TBC, I expect Wotlk will be 3000+

I'm already expecting seeing Paladins breaking the 5K Ap Raid Buffed Mark before we Hit up Arthas