Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Chaos Bolt and Divine Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Just to keep people from getting confused, this talent is currently live in TBC aswell.
    I think he refers to the lack of destro locks in pvp. In the addon that mgiht change due to cross specs with soul link and full destro/affliction possible. I'm not a warlock but that might be a possible spec and then you would have warlocks that have nether protection, chaos bolt, soul link etc. and also a viable pvp spec. I like the design of counters to everything, but i'm not sure of it fits to the warlock, casue warlocks have already such a big arsenal of different spells.

All for one and nothing for the rest?
    Just a thought.

Well considering Chaos bolt can be learned at Lv 60
    1012 to 1278 damage

and probably goes up 100-200 base/max damage rank2 by atleast lv 70
    then ya consider Sbolt rank 11 541 to 603 Shadow damage. (Lv69)

and on a destro lock with pve gear that sbolt crits mobs/people without resillance for about 5600-6500 (with CoE, no sbolt vuln effect, using hex voodoo head +211 Spell damage (to total 1378 spell damage) solo...

then watching a all S3 lock using chaos bolt critting for 4000-5000 with about 1100 spell damage no trinket... I'm sure it'll hurt a decent amount when it hits someone, as I presume it ignores resillance also

Honestly, Destruction Warlocks needed the boost.
    I agree.

I play both a Pally and Warlock. Never have spec'd into Destruction. This makes me want to try it at least

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak
    What worries me more is the fact that potentionally doesnt that mean that someone can murder you while you're cycloned and unable to take any healing?
    Although it does say defensive immunity im not sure exactly what you would class cyclone as.
    Banishing effects are offensive immunities, that I'm 99% sure of.

Basically its to mean that noone, can banish you against your own will, and still hurt you...

I'm pretty sure it won't ignore resilience, that be plain stupid, ofc

Quote Originally Posted by gulkeeva
    as I presume it ignores resillance also
    Yea because res is a DEFENSIVE IMMUNITY amirite?

15+ Year Old Account

from what i have read it only goes though priests shield not pallys or mages ice block
    no need to worry pallys u can still bubble hearth

Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher
    Yea because res is a DEFENSIVE IMMUNITY amirite?
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/.../talents2.html

Anyway, sbolt still hits 2300-2700 if it dosne't crit, 2800-3500 after a sbolt vuln (no CoE solo) so I'd think it'll still hit hard even if it dosne't crit.

Yes I believe that banish and cyclone are considered OFFENSIVE immunities. Most likely, you won't be able to have a druid cyclone someone while a warlock chaos bolts them to death. On the other hand, this is probably a good idea, as long as Paladins are able to do quite well without relying on bubble. I think the point of this skill is so we don't bubble at 1% and hearth / heal up to full. It's meant to make us think more strategically. Personally I welcome this type of stuff if it warrants that we get buffed in our more active abilities.

I just did some testing on the PTR realm and I'm pleased to confirm that you cannot be Chaos Bolted while under the effect of a Cyclone.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

I just did some testing on the PTR realm and I'm pleased to confirm that you cannot be Chaos Bolted while under the effect of a Cyclone.
    i believe most people here care more about DS :P.

anyway if u fight a lock and u bubble just make sure to LoS, use your 20CD HoJ or repent(or torrent if ur a BE).
    its not that hard and considering priests can already remove bubbles and were doing ok i'd say its a much needed buff for warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonMage
    i believe most people here care more about DS :P.
    I believe we already established the fact that Chaos Bolt will pierce Divine Shield.

If that is not clear enough for you, here we go. Chaos Bolt will, in it's current version pierce Divine Shield and deal damage to the Paladin.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    sigh.. why are you worried about this when a priest can just remove your bubble all together..

Right, because priests are always our opponents :

I think rogues have more of a problem with this as they cant throw a shock insta light when they see the chaos is inc.
    It will just cause us to think a lil more... just like mass dispell did.
    I still lol when priests throw a mass dispell our way every time we dip low. then loss because they go OOM!

CLOAK OF WUT SUKA! (cant wait for my lock buddy to yell that in vent)

Quote Originally Posted by tangless
    I think rogues have more of a problem with this as they cant throw a shock insta light when they see the chaos is inc.
    CLOCK OF WUT SUKA!
    You forgot you can gouge, stun, kick, run behind, vanish, and blind the caster.

warlock chaos bolt dmg here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Aov...eature=related

less QQ pls

Quote Originally Posted by Soopr Serial
    You forgot you can gouge, stun, kick, run behind, vanish, and blind the caster.
    sure, in a duel mabey. your telling me that a rogue can blind, activate cloak, shadowstep to the lock casting chaos, kidney shot/gouge, then lol vanish in less than a second? If so I want you! chaos bolt will finish alot of rogues.... they have grown accustomed to owning casters too hard, and im pretty sure most locks would blow up a rogue over a pally when given the chance

rogues want global cooldown removed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    Well .. Just bubble a bit earlier when fighting a destro lock then (when you have at least 3k health left, instead of right before you die). Chaos Bolt has the same cast time as Flash of Light, so if you do it right you barely won't notice it.
    Ok it's time I stop the retardation...
    Destro lock? I am so sick of this ignorant shit.
    Why do people say destro? Last I checked the word was Destruction, and not Destroction.

You're bad, and I hope you die <3 Furi.

How much sense does the abbreviation, "Destru", make?

Honestly, Destruction Warlocks needed the boost.

PvP wise, yes. In PvE Desto is still the spec of choice for a Warlock. Although I won't see many PvE desto locks using Chaobolt anyway.

Just learn to bubble properly.