Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Is Frozen Shadowweave set worth making for levelling in Wrath?

i have a holy spriest witch i am goin to make shadow in WotLK. i am 375 tailoring.

My question is should i go makin all the shadow weave cloth and gear or should i jsut save up the money? i am goin to raid shadow in WotLK so dont know what i should do. will my shadow waeve gear( if i make it) be repalced at lvl 72 by greens?

Re: i am suck

It will get replaced, but not by level 72 greens. They said that Sunwell gear won't get replaced until 78-79 by blue drops. This is all subject to change though.

unless you are planning to raid up untill wotlk as shadow i dont think it would be worth it.

i think u should save the money and just try to raid to get some gear, or just level up another alt to have fun with.
    if the gear ure getting now is for WOTLK, then i atleast cant see the point in getting that kind of gear wich costs a fortune.
    making the set takes a ton of resources and a big load of money.

Deleted

Re: Is Frozen Shadowweave set worth making for levelling in Wrath?

I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume that your thread's title was supposed to be "I am sTuck" instead of "I am suck".

Either way, it wasn't very descriptive of the topic so I changed it.

To the subject now. The Frozen Shadowweave set is very very good for Shadowpriests. As said above, it's on par with BT/Sunwell epics for shadowpriests.

All in all, the mats for the set are not that expensive. Given enough time, and if you specialize your tailoring to Shadowcloth (which you'll have to do anyway in order to wear it), it's pretty cheap.

Go for it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    To the subject now. The Frozen Shadowweave set is very very good for Shadowpriests. As said above, it's on par with BT/Sunwell epics for shadowpriests.
    :O
    lets not go that far. it can be better than t5 but bt / mh items are better imo. especially that they have more stats
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

15+ Year Old Account

FSW boots are the at least 2nd best choice ingame. dunno if t6 are better (i think so due to spirit and spellhaste) but until t6 they are the by far best ingame.

with epic gems 96 spelldmg on boots is holy-shitty-much.

You had time all BC long and wanna craft it now "only" for leveling? Oo
    If you havn't gotten it by now (or even replaced it with raiding gear) then its probably not worth crafting _imho_

15+ Year Old Account

As said its very good set to start out with, but will most likely be replaced very fast in wotlk.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

IMO save all the healing gear you have currently obtained from raiding, if WoTLK is anything like BC where ratings replaced all the old stuff, you will see all your healing gear turn into spell power gear. Hello "damage" gear with STA, INT, SPI and spell power already on it.

No it is not. save your money.

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.

The T6 boots are better than FSW to clear that up

hardly seems worth making the FSW set just to level as the drops and quest rewards will do just as well.

I can't see myself replacing my sunwell gear until level 80 from what I've seen so far.

Save the money because if you now tailor this set, it will cost you about 3k gold if you have to buy the materials on the auction house.

If you can remember at the beginning of TBC, mostly all of your gear was replaced at lv72, I can tell you tomorrow because I received a BETA Key today and I'm also playing a holy priest with Shadowgear.

Where the set excels in just raw uninhibited DPS, it lacks in useful stats (REALLY lacks). You're better off getting more balanced gear that will give you more mana, health, and longevity, especially if you're going to be leveling on a PVP server.

Why doncha just level holy smite like me? 2 sec cast on holy fire among other useful changes will make it worthwhile.

I have this set on my Spriest atm, and it's pretty darn good. If it's on par with tiers, why not? Blizz has already mentioned that Wotlk greens won't be like BC greens were (better than half the epics x_x), so there's a good chance you'll be in it for a while. I was worried about making the set, but after hearing where it stood with other sets, I was all for it. It's a pain in the butt to get the mats (on a low pop server when you just hit 70 and youre broke xD), but well worth it.

Enchants and gems make up for the lack of stats, at least for me. I'd rather have full-on dps anyway. Why care about extra stam or w/e when I'm killing like mad?

No. Buy s2.
    This user has been banned.

Frozen Shadowweave haven't been worth making since 2.4

You can underestimate haste all you want, I've been 70 for a month and floating around with 1400+ dmg (raid buffed) and 242 haste.

Screw FSW, if you can manage to farm some badges every week, it's not worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    No. Buy s2.
    Getting full S2 takes more afk-botting in AV than getting full tier6 in a progressive raid group.

Frozen Shadowweave is a VERY good set and unless your raiding pretty high end stuff you'll not be replacing for a while. And to those that say get S2 shut up! pvp gear is for pvp thats why its called pvp gear

It all depends... what's your holy gear like? Really it might not be worth the gold if you've got good holy gear.

The spell power conversion on most high end gear, along with the spirit you'd get, would really make it worth just to wear your healing gear.

Hell, +healing to weapon is 1 more dmg than +40 dmg on beta :P

Not worth it at all imo

Healing gear is gonna change for spell power... And most healing gear got stuff like spirit... And if there is 1 stat in WotLK thats gonna be important its spirit... Imo most healing gear is gonna be better then FSW... (maybe not the boots)... But its not worth the G and/or work.
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.