Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

They did improve Tranq.. sorta

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...12585&sid=2000

"Tranq Shot will soon be able to dispel enrage mechanics (i.e. Warrior Enrage, Rogue's Hunger For Blood, etc.). It should also be able to dispel Druids' "Owlkin Frenzy" effect. Also going to lower the cooldown.

In addition, Tranq Shot will also be able to dispel magic effects, and we're removing that from Arcane Shot.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Class Designer"

Sorry to make a new post, my original post was locked.

Re: They did improve Tranq.. sorta

guess they want to make TS more useful and kinda about time they do. that shot was only good for a few boss fights currently in the game.

A very good PvP buff it looks like... Now it ain't just useful for 2-3 encounters in the entire game :P

it is a great buff and now people can stop whining about how OP arcane shot is with the magic dispel

Quote Originally Posted by Idt
    it is a great buff and now people can stop whining about how OP arcane shot is with the magic dispel
    ...and start whining about how OP tranq shot is with the magic dispel

if it shares the same cool-down as arcane shot, then we have a winning balance.

and i think right now in BC tranq shot only works on 1 boss doesnt it?
    It's just a game.

Finally they changed Tranq shot!
    Because the first time I used it was at lvl 70 in ZA.. Before that I was nearly sure that this ability was damn useless
    Stop reading my sig, bro!

I'm sure people will moan about tranq shot. But then they do moan about anything.

I assume tranq shot won't do any damage
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by Neverend
    ...and start whining about how OP tranq shot is with the magic dispel
    no not really lol

the reason people were whining about arcane shot was about how high the dmg it doesnt, instant cast (can be jump shotted) and at the same time dispelled one magic buff.

now tranq shot without the dmg but with dispel.. people better not be whining about that.. but then again as mention before

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv
    I'm sure people will moan about tranq shot. But then they do moan about anything.

I assume tranq shot won't do any damage

Forgive me if this is a noob question, but does the book still drop from MC? or is it now trained?
    Quote Originally Posted by flargimmer
    Enjoy those socially awkward moments when a chick asks you what you do for a living.
    Regarding Ensidia clearing all Ulduar content in less than 48 hours of release.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltron
    Forgive me if this is a noob question, but does the book still drop from MC? or is it now trained?
    both but most hunter post tbc just train it.

It is an interesting change, and making a spell learned originally in MC for Mag and then later used on Chromaggus (BWL), and finally on Halazzi (but honestly not needed on that fight) useful again... but it's strange that it is being applied to "enrage" mechanics according to the blue poster.
    Shouldn't those mechanics be considered "Frenzy" rather than "Enrage"?
    If not, will tranq shot work on bosses enrage? I doubt it.

15+ Year Old Account

I saw people saying it removes ''magic effects'' some posts ago? Am I wrong or what? I mean Enrage abilities can't be dispelled by Arcane Shot so shouldn't be a magic effect?

And Enrage abilities... isn't Bloodlust one of them?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    I saw people saying it removes ''magic effects'' some posts ago? Am I wrong or what? I mean Enrage abilities can't be dispelled by Arcane Shot so shouldn't be a magic effect?

And Enrage abilities... isn't Bloodlust one of them?
    It will remove both an enrage AND a magic effect at the same time if an Enrage is present. For the moment, since they have never allowed this to be usable, the amount of abilities classified as Enrage are highly questionable.

But, a few examples of possible enrages:

• Warrior Death Wish, Enrage, Bloodrage, and/or Rampage
    • Druid Enrage and/or Berserk
    • Hunter Beastial Wrath / The Beast Within along with Devilsaur Family Ability and/or Rabid ability from Ferocity Pet Tree
    • Rogue Hunger for Blood
    • Shaman Bloodlust (though the buff is actually magic so highly questionable)

That's all I can think off off the top of my head.

Dear Blizzard, please make Druid Berserk a physical affect, and not considered enrage, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk

• Hunter Beastial Wrath / The Beast Within along with Devilsaur Family Ability and/or Rabid ability from Ferocity Pet Tree

omg? looking forward to owning BM hunters with my SV THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! seriously though this is awesome![/list]

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk
    It will remove both an enrage AND a magic effect at the same time if an Enrage is present. For the moment, since they have never allowed this to be usable, the amount of abilities classified as Enrage are highly questionable.

• Warrior Death Wish, Enrage, Bloodrage, and/or Rampage
    • Druid Enrage and/or Berserk
    • Rogue Hunger for Blood
    • Shaman Bloodlust (though the buff is actually magic so highly questionable)

I am thinking shamnistic rage as well and possibly new lock demon form.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    if it shares the same cool-down as arcane shot, then we have a winning balance.

and i think right now in BC tranq shot only works on 1 boss doesnt it?
    Halazzi and RoS (3rd phase) come to my mind.

Also it'll now dispell 1 magic and 1 enrage effect, not sure about 1 frenzy effect.

15+ Year Old Account

Removing Bestial Wrath seems stupid, if this is gonna happen then I will quit playing my hunter for sure, even if I can dispell it myself too. ( Seems nuts to dispell BM-hunters only real good ability ) I seriously can't imagine Bestial Wrath/ Beast Within and also Demon Form could be removed like someone posted. And besides I don't think Demon Form is a ''enrage ability'' anyway.
    Even removing Bloodlust seems stupid, since you can remove it as magic effect already.
    I think there are no ''Enrage abilities'' which are a ''Magic Effect'' at the same time, so Bloodlust probably won't be a Enrage ability..

Atleast I hope.. :

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    Removing Bestial Wrath seems stupid, if this is gonna happen then I will quit playing my hunter for sure, even if I can dispell it myself too. ( Seems nuts to dispell BM-hunters only real good ability ) I seriously can't imagine Bestial Wrath/ Beast Within and also Demon Form could be removed like someone posted. And besides I don't think Demon Form is a ''enrage ability'' anyway.
    Even removing Bloodlust seems stupid, since you can remove it as magic effect already.
    I think there are no ''Enrage abilities'' which are a ''Magic Effect'' at the same time, so Bloodlust probably won't be a Enrage ability..

Atleast I hope.. :
    BW should be dispelleable with it its only fair