Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: All 3 priests specs for WotLK.

I love the new spirit tap this would be my new pve shadow spec.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...12305150501351

Similar to the above posted but I'm still concerned about aggro of improved VE and improved Shadow form could be worth it. Won't know this I try it out. Or maybe one point in each.

imp ve is kinda out of the question when you get over 1500 spell dmg.. unless you have a monster tank

15+ Year Old Account

yea i am goin to have to agree wit dark that spec is fail. take less cd on mindblast and imp fade for when u pull agro. ( have to see how we pull in WotLK) if u fear in pve u fail u dont need a CD for it sorry dont mean to be mean

fear is not only worthless in pve now.. the stupid trinkets have turned it into nothing more than an interupt.. imp fear sux all around

15+ Year Old Account

i like your spec pulse. might go somwere else wit the UW talent points though. everything else looks sick

this will be my pvp spriest build, im still wondering if i should swap out misery or shadow weaving for shadow power

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...10005102521351

let me know your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by hellar
    i guess for the mana but idk seems like a waste to me
    Waste? Well in wotlk, you won't get to chain chug mana pots so that extra mana will help
    Anyways, the new dispersion is a lot better. Its no longer channeled.

15+ Year Old Account

fayra i would not say it sucks all around in pvp its good to have less CD on fear and silence is a beast in pvp if u time it right

Maxing Imp. Mind Blast is overkill. 3/5 is ideal (making Mind Blast's CD 6 secs), giving you time to Mind Flay, VT, Fade as necessary, and re-apply dots.

15+ Year Old Account

yea remeber u will all so be goin mana though hunters and druids hooch. but yea i would spec into dispersion

Here are my 3 specs for WotLK.

Shadow: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...12305150501350

Holy/ Pve : http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

Dis/ Pvp: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

Share yours or comments on what i should drop or pick up
    About your Holy PvE Spec:
    I read somewhere that Twin Disciplines doesn't increase spell damage and healing by 5% but by +5, maybe they just haven't updated it yet. Personally if its just +5 i would rather go with Unbreakable Will but that's just me.

I would also drop Holy Nova for its enormous mana cost and Healing Prayer to max out Healing Focus. (Might change for End-Game Raiding depending on the type of encounters)
    I would also drop Mental Agility to max out Test of Faith and Divine Providence because of my game style. I tend to slack on renews and focus on casting.

Only thing left is the 1 point in Imp PW:Shield wich isn't a bad idea but u could move this point to either Holy Nova (if u really want it), Lightwell (wich comes in handy depending on the encounters), Twin Disciplines or Spell Warding.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayra
    imp ve is kinda out of the question when you get over 1500 spell dmg.. unless you have a monster tank
    I got Improved VE because shadowform now has threat reduction. Anyways, when I tank as long as I'm getting constant rage I can keep up the threat so the shadowpriest doesn't pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Jathro
    Maxing Imp. Mind Blast is overkill. 3/5 is ideal (making Mind Blast's CD 6 secs), giving you time to Mind Flay, VT, Fade as necessary, and re-apply dots.
    It all depends on how much haste a person has also, but also it depends on the tank. If the tank is doing great on threat, you should have to fade leaving a spot open.

yea remeber u will all so be goin mana though hunters and druids hooch.
    Did anyone understand this? Are you talking about the Survival Hunters ability to restore mana now and the druids also?

here is my shadow PvE build http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...10305152501351
    don't know what mana regen for shadow priests at 80 is going to be so might swap out dispersion if manas not a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    Did anyone understand this? Are you talking about the Survival Hunters ability to restore mana now and the druids also?
    Excuse me, I speak jive...

yea remeber u will all so be goin mana though hunters and druids hooch.
    =

Yes, remember you will also be getting mana returned from the new hunter and druid abilities, Hooch.

Quote Originally Posted by armageddon
    here is my shadow PvE build http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...10305152501351
    don't know what mana regen for shadow priests at 80 is going to be so might swap out dispersion if manas not a problem
    Hot dog, we have a weiner.

When I read the description for dispersion, it seems like it is going to be very similar to a mage's evocation. I don't know about your guilds, but mine tends to chain pull, even in sunwell. This means you can either sit out and drink after every pull or you can chain pop mana pots. Dispersion, in this situation, would help reduce down time in between pulls. Also, in longer encounters such as Illidari council, if you are using a full spell rotation, there is no doubt you will eventually run out of mana, even with pots and fiends and new mana return abilities. While every player may not see the advantages of it, I think it is a very worthwhile talent.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...10305152521351

should be the cookie cutter pve shadow spec (close variations at least), simply because there is nothing better in any of the other trees to warrant going that far down them, 14 in disc still, with 2 disc's, over the old UW, and 1 point filler, imp spirit tap over blackout, i wont be picking up imp VE until i see some raid dmg like sunwell stuff, imp shadow form - pushback purposes from raid dmg (RoS), as well as good for pvp, psychic horror - pvp orientated but i dont see a better option in disc other than UW, and dispersion - you are already that far down, might as well pick it up, but a 36% mana & hp regen, yes plz, seems like it will work well from videos that ive seen

Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot
    Excuse me, I speak jive...

=

Thanks, that helped out a lot! ;D