Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blessing of Kings or Might?

Hey folks,

I'm curious, as a Ret Pally who does mostly PVP I'm wondering with improved Blessing of Might giving a 50% bonus instead of 20% should I even bother with Blessing of Kings on myself?

Also, as we move deeper into the Ret tree, if you had to pick just one for PvP would you put 5 points into Fanaticism or Righteous Vengeance?

Fanaticism- Increase the Critical Strike CHANCE of all judgments by 25%
    RV - Increase Critical Strike BONUS of all judgments and Divine Storm by 25%

As I'd realy like to keep the 30 second cooldown for improved Hammer of Justice, I have to spec at least 18 points in Prot. Not leaving me enough points in Ret for both talents. I'm leaning twards RV but I'd like to hear what others think. Here's my build.
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZx...xfMtr0uAIoMzAo

Re: Blessing of Kings or Might?

PvE ret pally here, so I don't really know what talents to go for in PvP, but I think RV is more useful, since you'll probably have 25-30% crit to begin with. And Divine storm will probably be the bigger dmg dealer in PvP rather than judgements.

THE BEST PVP BUILD IS THIS ONE....and might 4 spellpower and ap
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

we already have 3 points in stoicism no need of art of war.
    pvp retri needs brust and eye for an eye is only ggod in arena if u are focused

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyo
    we already have 3 points in stoicism no need of art of war.
    pvp retri needs brust and eye for an eye is only ggod in arena if u are focused
    Well, I mainly play 2's and 3's so I tend to get focused quite a bit, and with the chance of ALL crits dealing 20% back to the opponent it seems like a very good talent to have. Frankly I find in S4 even hunters are doing insane damage to me, as if I had no resilience or even plate armor.. friggin nuts, I'm sure most of these are crits. I'd like to give 20% of that back.

Interesting point on Art of War.... I was putting the points in for the fact my Blessing of Freedom would now remove Stun effects. That's like have a free trinket every 25 seconds. Would you give that up for Fanaticism?

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenclod
    I'm curious, as a Ret Pally who does mostly PVP I'm wondering with improved Blessing of Might giving a 50% bonus instead of 20% should I even bother with Blessing of Kings on myself?
    Retribution Paladins should start using Blessing of Might as their main blessing. It adds a whopping 525 Attack Power, which equals 263 Strenght gained.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Interesting point on Art of War.... I was putting the points in for the fact my Blessing of Freedom would now remove Stun effects. That's like have a free trinket every 25 seconds. Would you give that up for Fanaticism?
    You cannot use Hand of Freedom on yourself while stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    You cannot use Hand of Freedom on yourself while stunned.
    Shouldn't I be able to with Art of War? That was the reason I put points into it.

The Art of War Rank 3
    Reduces all damage taken by 3% and gives your Hand of Freedom a 100% chance to remove Stun effects.

Nowhere does it say anything about only removing stun effects on other people, thus it should also apply to me, when stunned, that's how I read it.

SHOULD is the key word there. It doesn't say it breaks them on the caster, it's like Death Wish. It makes you immune if you cast it before you're feared, but you can't use it while feared. It's really only useful with AoW if you cast it on an ally who is stunned to break THEIR stun.

Nowhere does it say anything about only removing stun effects on other people, thus it should also apply to me, when stunned, that's how I read it.
    Hand of Freedom cannot be cast while stunned. And you cannot gain the effect from a spell that cannot be cast, it is simple logic really.

This fact does not mean the talent is useless by the way. For example, being able to get your Druid out of a Rogue's stunlock is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushuna
    SHOULD is the key word there. It doesn't say it breaks them on the caster, it's like Death Wish. It makes you immune if you cast it before you're feared, but you can't use it while feared. It's really only useful with AoW if you cast it on an ally who is stunned to break THEIR stun.
    Wrong. Deathwish breaks fear even if you are currently feared, as long as you have the 10 rage to activate it.

Can someone with a Beta key test this out and reply back? If I can remove stuns on myself then this talent is a keeper, if I cannot then I'll move the points

Can someone with a Beta key test this out and reply back? If I can remove stuns on myself then this talent is a keeper, if I cannot then I'll move the points
    I have a beta key.

THE BEST PVP BUILD IS THIS ONE....and might 4 spellpower and ap
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000
    That is realy realy terible build.

I dont know why 99% ppl on forums think that imp 2 hand is more important of eye for an eye , or even pursuit of justice.

Plus for ppl that say we dont need art of war couse we got stoicism. Think again ... it removes stuns from others as well. And stoicism is just 30% less duration on stuns.
    Remove imp 2 hander place it in eye for an eye. Remove Crusade and place it in pursuit of justice. And then u have 3 points for art of war.

= more survivability , more anti cc , Crazy eye for an eye. For only a bit less dmg.

storm u are the reason why people always laught about the damage of paladins...thats not a bit less dmg its 9% 4 a talent u only need if u are focused...
    arena games on a rating 1900 a ret with ur build cant do anything to healers or dds..stun remove is unimportat if u cant do dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    I have a beta key.
    Can I have it? :P

storm u are the reason why people always laught about the damage of paladins...thats not a bit less dmg its 9% 4 a talent u only need if u are focused...
    arena games on a rating 1900 a ret with ur build cant do anything to healers or dds..stun remove is unimportat if u cant do dmg.
    Stun removal on your Hand of Freedom is possibly the biggest talent out of the tree for anyone focused on 2v2 or 3v3 arena. Getting your teammate out of a Rogues stunlock gets him back into the fight.

Might. A lot of our spells now scale with Attack Power and Spell Power, so having a better Might means a better Consecration, for one, among our other abilities. Could someone clarify if Holy Light/Flash of Light also scale with Attack Power?

Quote Originally Posted by Daviid Leethsiah
    Might. A lot of our spells now scale with Attack Power and Spell Power, so having a better Might means a better Consecration, for one, among our other abilities. Could someone clarify if Holy Light/Flash of Light also scale with Attack Power?
    ofc it does.
    spellpower means healing aswell.

15+ Year Old Account

I didn't read the rest of these posts, but I am going to say kings for the boost to your health, +the boost to your no.1 stat, strength.