View Poll Results: Are u going to reroll to warh?

Voters
94. This poll is closed
  • Yes

17 18.09%
  • No

69 73.40%
  • I dont care...

8 8.51%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Warham - Mmo-Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_BunnySanta
    I guess when Blizzard was in the process of making WoW every employee sold their soul to satan, cause seriously...AoC came out, huge hype behind it. Sure ppl left but slowly and surely they're all coming back. No matter how good WH is gonna be, every1 will always side with WoW. I don't know what it is...but WoW pwns. Every other game seems all the same with their "realistic" graphics and such. But Blizz thought of the player(s) and reduced their graphics to a cartoonish style needing only minimal requirements to run the game. So to conclude all my babbling, WH is gonna have to sacrifice a lot of goats to beat WoW.
    WoW was always going to be cartoony and meant to be that way. The graphics weren't toned down it's just the client is built around a EIGHT year old graphics engine, and many models/textures have never been updated....we're just now seeing dynamic shadows. The game began development in 2000, the same year Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 and they we're still making EQ Expansion's.

2001 WoW Alpha Build.
    http://media.worldofwarcraft.com/mov..._01&rating=wow

Will Warhammer destroy the current ~3,000,000 US WoW subscriber base? No, will it be a noticeable change Yes. Even blizz realizes this why do you think they have the new referral rewards.

Amazon says Warhammer wins.
    http://www.amazon.com/Wrath-of-the-L...A3E8KCX2260OJM

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Holyblood
    2001 WoW Alpha Build
    Lovin' those slashing sound effects. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasko
    Lovin' those slashing sound effects. lol.
    All baby pictures are cute, even for WoW ;D

Will try, will probably enjoy, will probably get sick of real fast. Mythic's RvR was entertaining years ago, but their subsystems and design and anything PvE was a complete train wreck. Hoping they learned something about class balance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    Hoping they learned something about class balance as well.
    Not just that, but they have to balance 20 classes.

If you think WoW's balance is bad, it only has 9 classes (soon to be 10).

Trust me, warhammer may take a chunk out of the WoW playerbase, but like AoC, many will come back. Especially since the game will be launching, and many bugs, overpowered classes, and many other problems that came at WoW's launch will be prevelant, and with all the hype, people are going to be dissapointed.

Of course this is all my opinion, so i could be wrong.

I may try out a trial of Warhammer when it launches, but i dont really want to get my hopes up, as i know something is bound to be wrong with it, not because i have anything against it, its just when an MMO launches, its bound to have various bugs and other things wrong with it.

Right, first off all, I must admit I didn't read more than 2 lines of the first post, not because I didn't want to read it, I just didn't want to get a headache that early in the morning already. So, I assume that this thread is one of those "Warhammer > WoW" threads. If not, please correct me.

People said Guild Wars would be a WoW Killer.
    People said Lord of the Rings would be a WoW Killer.
    People said Age of Conan would be a WoW Killer.
    People said Warhammer... I assume you get the direction...

World of Warcraft is a brilliant pieces of software. It nets Blizzard millions of dollars and I don't see the reign of WoW ending unless Blizzard screws it up themselves. And hey, TBC wasn't exactly brilliant, but there are still 10 million subscribers. Heck, that number even increased with TBC :O

You can tell me what you want, it will not be easy to throw WoW off that virtual "MMORPG Throne". And I fail to see what Warhammer could offer me that I'd throw 3 years of my WoW playtime into the rubbish bin and start all over.

And to pick up one of your argument.... WoW = Waiting on Wrath

I'll probably be waiting a few months after it comes out to make my decision, that way I have some solid reviews of how the game is going. Until then, it's mostly speculation and whether or not my friends will be getting it or WotLK. :-\

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I have the CE pre-ordered, if the game isn't very good/balanced/fun/etc I'll still have my extra goodies. I actually prefer Warhammer lore over Warcraft lore, don't get me wrong, both are very good I just like Warhammer more.
    As too WoW > Warhammer or vice versa: I won't stop playing WoW for WAR, but I will try out WAR when it launches, if I don't like it I'll probably give it a shot further down the line after some tweaks, if I do like it I'll add it to WoW and EVE under "Things that soak up my free time". WotLK would steal me back for a bit from all other MMOs, at least for the first month.
    “In order to make apple pie from scratch, you must first make the Universe.” Carl Sagan

WAR is made of fail and aids. I quit wow some time ago and wanted to try out warhammer. But their marketing killed the game. They always said it will be "great" and "awesome" and that they will take their time until the game is finished. But they didn't. It's obvious that they're rushing the release. I mean, c'mon, 4 classes cut out!? Some races have 4 classes, some 3, some have a tank, some don't. It's not like classes or class balance is THAT important for an MMORPG... : how ridicilous is that? I can't take those guys serious anymore.
    Next thing is the preorder open beta acces bitchmove. Two weeks open beta?! I guess I'll have to judge game in this two weeks (mins 2-5 days of downloading the client) - chances are high that my collectors edition goes straight back to amazon (I honestly don't think the CE will increase in price).
    The game itself.. well, didn't hear anything good about it.

It's yet another rushed, half assed MMO that will fail - because it's half assed and rushed, like Vanguard or AoC. They have to compete with wow, if it isn't really good from the beginning it will fail.

The release date is so stupid it isn't even funny anymore. They probably think if they release before WotLK comes out they will succeed. But they won't, people will leave as soon as WotLK comes out when they realize that the game isn't finished.
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy
    Not just that, but they have to balance 20 classes.

If you think WoW's balance is bad, it only has 9 classes (soon to be 10).

You know why WoW's class balance is bad?? Its because they balanced them for pve, then bc came out and everybody is pvping because its an easy way to get epics. WoW was supposed to be a pve based game not pvp that's why the classes aren't balanced and they never will be. You know why? Because they have realized that if they whine enough blizz gives them what they want, so Blizz will keep changing the classes around arena and other pvp players.

Makes me sad that you really can't get any gear in WoW to make Orcs look like Orc Grunts in the WarCraft games..the helmets at least. But in WotLK we finally get non-green drops and quest items that look more "realistic". Look at the horned helms and the spiked pauldrons and whatnot in WotLK and tell me those things don't look badass? The art style for gear seems to be changing from more Final Fantasy inspired stuff to more Medieval Fantasy style stuff, and that's a good thing to me.

But if you look at the way they are judging it..it's the Basic and Collector's Edition of AoC vs just the Basic Edition of Wrath of the Lich King. Yeah, AoC might still be more if there was a WotLK CE up there as well, but I don't trust when they judge 2 different items vs 1..because some people also might be buying the CE for themselves or to sell on Ebay, and buy the normal ones for friends or for themselves while their CE one sits on a shelf.

As for the whole "x game will kill WoW" stuff..it's been said again and again and again and again. We'll believe it when we see it.

seriously give us a break and stop posting shit about wow killers and stuff especially reviews on Internets. AoC was getting 9.5/10 points and its fucking crap.
    And what vetis said ^^

Deleted

Every 6 months an MMO comes out that will destroy WoW. 2 months after release they're all back.

From what I've read, I think it'll be nothing different, especially when Wrath releases.

Don't get me wrong, fans of Warhammer will love Warhammer Online, and I hope for them that it's a great game.

Though we discuss WoW on these forums; I'll leave the thread open. But I'm moving you down to the other general section as this has nothing to do with WotLK.

Enjoy getting bored with Warh like you did with WoW. Since it happened before, don't you think it'll happen again for you? You'll never be happy. woe is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Every 6 months an MMO comes out that will destroy WoW. 2 months after release they're all back.

From what I've read, I think it'll be nothing different, especially when Wrath releases.
    Especially since they've had to remove entire player races, and cities in order to make the release date they want.
    Warhammer is in for a swift end once released.
    Much like AoC.