How is ret stacking up against Rogues atm?

im just curious if any ret paladins have had a slightly/somewhat/much easier time dealing with rogues so far in beta.

Seems like the changes to eye for an eye and retribution aura would make ret somewhat less attractive targets.
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

ikillbigppl

Re: How is ret stacking up against Rogues atm?

with the changed to eye for an eye and ret aura a rogue can kill themselfs attacking you ;D i dont see us having much of a problem with any fast attacking classes ----- rogues - feral druids - enhance shamans - fury warriors ( dont know about titan's grip ) from what i have seen... paladins lvl 75 are geting ret aura hiting for 150-200 so its not going to be a tiny amount anymore. and with eye for an eye affecting all crits not just magic now and the fact that it scales with ap and spell power and can crit. i have heard of ppl on beta geting eye for an eye crits on mages / destro locks for close to 3k... eye for an eye alsow activates on attacks that were converted into normal hits because of resiliance. so a mage would crit for 6k gets it changed into 3k but eye for an eye still counts it as a 6k crit. it looks like its going to be a fun tallent to play with lol

Even as a Holy Paladin I've never had a real problem with Rogues. Ret damage shouldn't be much different.

Honestly, the new Retribution Aura is proper overpowered. And when I say overpowered I do not mean good, no, I mean overpowered.

The typical Rogue will open up with a Cheap Shot followed by a Kidney Shot, and usually when those two stuns ends he's down 2-3k health.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Having about 0 idea on how paladins work, could someone explain to me this change that will rip rogues apart? One of my friends plays a rouge and says pallys are going to be worse for him than warriors/ferals.

well think it this way retri paladin maybe equips shield and starts healing and when rogue hits him for 100 he gets hit 300 back :P

well a holy paladin beat a rogue
    retribution nop but with the new talents he can do it on ret too

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    Having about 0 idea on how paladins work, could someone explain to me this change that will rip rogues apart? One of my friends plays a rouge and says pallys are going to be worse for him than warriors/ferals.
    Our Retribution Aura is being completly reworked for Wrat of the Lich King, and will be our flagship aura.

Old Retribution Aura:

Retribution Aura Rank 6
    Instant
    Causes 26 Holy damage to any creature that strikes a party member within 30 yards. Players may only have one Aura on them per Paladin at any one time.
    New Retribution Aura:

Retribution Aura Rank 7
    Instant
    Causes 112 Holy damage to any creature that strikes a party or raid member within 30 yards. Players may only have one Aura on them per Paladin at any one time.

Aside from the massive increase in base damage, Retribution Aura will now also receive a very generous damage increase from spellpower as roughly 7% of our spellpower will be added as damage.

So how does this play out in the game? Well, I've seen a Protection Paladin running around AOE grinding on the Beta PTR and his Retribution Aura was dealing 264 damage per hit. That's a 1000% increase in damage when compared to our current Retribution Aura.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

I don't think they have ever had a problem with rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Our Retribution Aura is being completly reworked for Wrat of the Lich King, and will be our flagship aura.

Aside from the massive increase in base damage, Retribution Aura will now also receive a very generous damage increase from spellpower as roughly 7% of our spellpower will be added as damage.

So how does this play out in the game? Well, I've seen a Protection Paladin running around AOE grinding on the Beta PTR and his Retribution Aura was dealing 264 damage per hit. That's a 1000% increase in damage when compared to our current Retribution Aura.

Damn, that actually sounds pretty good. Not like "oh nice buff", but like, "wow, that's a pretty serious buff".

Well have fun eating rogues.

I play paladin (holy & prot depending on raid) and always found rogues to be easy kills, im sure ret can kill them easily enough though even without improved ret aura

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang

Damn, that actually sounds pretty good. Not like "oh nice buff", but like, "wow, that's a pretty serious buff".

Well have fun eating rogues.
    Paladins already eat Rogues. Nomnomnom. Even stunlock won't be a problem when a Retribution Pally is close by. Seeing as how I'm not a Beta tester, I'm looking forward to how I'll measure up against Rogues come Wrath.

15+ Year Old Account

I already don't like dealing with retribution paladins, but I am a terrible PvPer.