Rapid Killing or no?

Check it out, I made a spec that i think I'll go for when i get WotLK. I'm not sure if rapid killing is a neccesity though, so i swapped it out so i could have 3/3 Careful Aim and 5/5 Imp Tracking.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunt...00000000000000

Share your opinions on it, i know i got a lot of good feedback when i posted my other post about MM Build

-Please don't randomly post your build with something like "this is wut i would use", this post is meant to discuss whether this spec should focus on rapid killing or max out careful aim and Imp tracking.

Re: Rapid Killing or no?

Personally, I don't think Aspect Mastery has what it takes to be worth the investment.
    I'ld put points in Longevity, especially if you want Rapid Killing, since with a couple of seconds delay, you'ld be able to pop RF every other BW, stacking buffs FTW

Secondly, with pets gaining +hit from their master in the expansion (can't find source anymore, but deffo incoming) I'm not sure if Animal Handler is that useful. Couple that with the fact that Mend Pet will be channeled and pet health-gain talents(Ferocity will self-heal, Cunning has Carrion Feeder, Tenacity has Blood of the Rhino) I think it might be more useful to put those last 3 points you need in BM in Spirit Bond and Endurance Training.

And finally, Imp. Tracking vs Rapid Killing/Focused Aim. If you use BW & trinkets on Rapid Killing, it's worth the same overall DPS increase as 2 points in Imp. tracking and it allows for more burst when needed, so take it imo. If Focused Aim will be needed, nobody can tell yet, so we'll just have to see how much AoE there will be at lvl 80 and if the talent is worth 3% DPS.

Recap: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=cebM0xgRVuMesz0eVbMZh

As you get better gear I'ld also advice to pick a point from Bestial Discipline and/or Frenzy and put them in Endurance Training.

Edit: Speaking from a PvE/raiding PoV btw

I'd think careful aim and improved tracking will be much much better point for point than rapid killing- Over certain periods of time.

However, I think that aspect mastery is a little lackluster.. I know its a straight DPS boost, but wouldn't improving the CD's on your beastial wrath and your pets skills by 30% be better? It would also give you the chance to get masters call which though situational in PvE would certainly be useful if someone attempts to gank you or should you decide to do some PvP.

The point is that at level 80, aspect of the hawk would only provide an extra 120ap over what you'd have if it wasn't improved through talent mastery.
    Now I'm not sure, but I'd think that having a devilsaur (I KNOW YOU WILL!) with a 7 cooldown on monstrous bite might be a little better. A single miss will stop the stacking buff, so having it stack up faster will be nice.
    I'm sure its at least worth some testing!

two minutes off has always been a real good investment (as both MM and survival), never played beast master though so I can't tell the value of your hunters own shots. I can only guess you can do without unfortunately. =/
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

It seems that RF still does not boost GCD speed, making it only useful for auto-shot, which should be no more then 25-30% of your personal DPS in the expansion. In other words, reduce RF to a 10-12% damage bonus and you see how it still screams fail, talented or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    It seems that RF still does not boost GCD speed, making it only useful for auto-shot, which should be no more then 25-30% of your personal DPS in the expansion. In other words, reduce RF to a 10-12% damage bonus and you see how it still screams fail, talented or not.
    Actually spamming SS while RF is up shows no signs of GCD.. Maybe its my head tho ;p

I think we need to see how Auto Shot being unlinked to other shots affect shot rotations etc. before we can give a good value on what Rapid killing does to our dps. They way it works now I would def. put 2 points in Rapid killing, but as stated; We need to see how unlinking affects us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrome
    I think we need to see how Auto Shot being unlinked to other shots affect shot rotations etc. before we can give a good value on what Rapid killing does to our dps. They way it works now I would def. put 2 points in Rapid killing, but as stated; We need to see how unlinking affects us.
    With end-game gear and lvl 80 abilities/talents, white DPS will be around 25-30% of your total personal DPS. Rapid Killing is going to be nothing but a levelling/grinding talent in WLK

Secondly, with pets gaining +hit from their master in the expansion (can't find source anymore, but deffo incoming)
    Pets are melee, and melee hit% is alot higher than a hunters hit% needed, so i'd take Animal Handler.

And tkae rapid killing imo, imp Cd on a effect that increases attack speed, who wouldn't want it?

I'd take a point from Aspect Mastery and go ahead and fill out Frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoph
    Pets are melee, and melee hit% is alot higher than a hunters hit% needed, so i'd take Animal Handler.

And tkae rapid killing imo, imp Cd on a effect that increases attack speed, who wouldn't want it?
    Aren't pets attacks considered one-handed? Just like the claw(s) from a feral druid? In this case, it won't be that much hit

Melee hit is exactly the same when they are not dual wielding. Pets do not dual wield. Basic knowledge of game mechanics always helps.

And a lot of Hunters don't want to spend talent points for an ability that only increases white damage, which is around 25-30% of their personal DPS (excluding pet). It's nice to see you argumented your choice in talents with "It's of some use, so take it!!".

Melee hit is exactly the same when they are not dual wielding. Pets do not dual wield. Basic knowledge of game mechanics always helps.

And a lot of Hunters don't want to spend talent points for an ability that only increases white damage, which is around 25-30% of their personal DPS (excluding pet). It's nice to see you argumented your choice in talents with "It's of some use, so take it!!".
    Well it's between Spirit Bond or animal handler to move further down the bm tree.

I know which i'll be choosing .

Well it's between Spirit Bond or animal handler to move further down the bm tree.

I know which i'll be choosing .
    Spirit Bond for a Cunning Pet? Or for the 40% bonus from Tenacity? :P

Spirit Bond for a Cunning Pet? Or for the 40% bonus from Tenacity? :P
    No, i'll pick animal handler, spirit bond isn't the best of places to waste points.

Assuming you already have Bestial Discipline, there is always Endurance. Or a point in Master's Call?
    Meh, it just seems that with Enh sharing our gear, we will be hitcapped rather fast, thus making Animal Handler useless for anything but a glorified Riding Crop.

Assuming you already have Bestial Discipline, there is always Endurance. Or a point in Master's Call?
    Meh, it just seems that with Enh sharing our gear, we will be hitcapped rather fast, thus making Animal Handler useless for anything but a glorified Riding Crop.
    Meh na, cba with master's call, pvp thing tbh. But i've read that pet mechanics will change around abit in the expansion, but i haven't read how.