Imp. Mortal Strike

Greetings,

Looking at the Arms Talent tree, I realize that few people ever put talents into Imp. Mortal Strike.

However, with WotLK approaching, Warriors may be forced to put talent points into lackluster areas to access higher tier abilities (which also appear lackluster, but that may yet change). This should not be the case.

Everyone knows that the whole point of MS, what makes it pretty much define Arms as the PVP tree, is the debuff. Adding more DPS to MS though Imp. MS is nice, but ultimately a waste of talent points.

So why not change Imp. MS to increase the debuff effect and duration instead? Say, for each rank of Imp. MS you get 2% less healing and 1 second more.

So a 5/5 Imp. MS would cause 60% reduced healing for 15 seconds. Your thoughts?

Re: Imp. Mortal Strike

As fun as it would be to see this, because it's a buff.
    It's not going to happen.
    60% would make warriors almost irreplaceable in anything in the 3v3 or 5v5 bracket for any teams.
    It would also mean that no warrior could safely NOT take this talent.

The main reason warriors don't take this is because alot of the time you don't have enough rage to keep it going at the reduced cooldown, unless you have endless rage.
    Even then though however atleast speaking from a WOTLK perspective where you will have more talent points. They are better spend in things like trauma than in imp MS.
    Since people would have to be crazy to go any deeper into arms than that, thats why it isn't taken.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anoyarou
    Greetings,

Looking at the Arms Talent tree, I realize that few people ever put talents into Imp. Mortal Strike.

However, with WotLK approaching, Warriors may be forced to put talent points into lackluster areas to access higher tier abilities (which also appear lackluster, but that may yet change). This should not be the case.

Everyone knows that the whole point of MS, what makes it pretty much define Arms as the PVP tree, is the debuff. Adding more DPS to MS though Imp. MS is nice, but ultimately a waste of talent points.

So why not change Imp. MS to increase the debuff effect and duration instead? Say, for each rank of Imp. MS you get 2% less healing and 1 second more.

So a 5/5 Imp. MS would cause 60% reduced healing for 15 seconds. Your thoughts?
    Because then we (warriors) would get some usefull talents, which isn't atm happening.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia
    Because then we (warriors) would get some usefull talents, which isn't atm happening.

You state it yourself, there's nothing worth getting in the upper tree anyway and even if that changes, you still have enough places outside of imp MS to put them. I just made a 41/30/0 build in the talent calculator (which looks pretty nice btw, although I might put 1 point from flurry in TM for spell reflect) and I didn't need to spend any points in imp MS. If I can reach the 41th point without imp MS, then you should be able to get the other 41 pointers, the 45 pointers and bladestorm without it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane
    You state it yourself, there's nothing worth getting in the upper tree anyway and even if that changes, you still have enough places outside of imp MS to put them. I just made a 41/30/0 build in the talent calculator (which looks pretty nice btw, although I might put 1 point from flurry in TM for spell reflect) and I didn't need to spend any points in imp MS. If I can reach the 41th point without imp MS, then you should be able to get the other 41 pointers, the 45 pointers and bladestorm without it as well.
    Sure, but don't you think that's a bit backwards? Nothing says "fail" to the devs more that a talent that players try to work around to get to the "good stuff".

If Warriors had a bunch of talents that make us tear our hair out trying to get them all it would mean that the devs deliver what the players want in the class, no?

If we have to make 41-point builds to optimize our class and be competitive vs. other classes, that means that the devs have no clue what the Warrior should be - Epic Fail on their part :P