Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: List of moonkin concerns

Quote Originally Posted by doomkin11
    the new talents are great for people who raid . they suck for people who pvp
    yea i have nothing to back up an argument to that

yeah guess so any idea how much a glyph costs?
    Been trying to find out for ages, don't think too much, hoping around what a stack of pots cost. Maybe less.

Also someone mentioned buffing owlkin freenzy...

There's been this rumour (and alot of fun discussing =P), about the current beta build giving a max of 1 sec knockback on spells.
    Depending on how it looks in a raid with knockbacks, we might not even need any real resistance.

Also about the pvp talents thingie. Currently I find its a bit of a mishmash between, mainly force of nature and typhoon, is what I'm thinking about.

While force of nature can be good, it currently doesn't give me a impression of a particularly awesome pve talent, but hey depends on how PVE raids will look.

And typhoon, I don't think I'd actually include that spell in any pve build, I can't see any situation, where the current form of it is usable. I like starfall though, altho it would be great if it worked more like the current living bomb and you "debuffed" a target with it instead, so I could use it on boss fights too for some extra burst damage.

Bah can't wait till they are done with mages, and pick up druids for work, want to see how they respond to our feedback. =S

also i feel like were so weak against rogues and alot of the time hunters so if blizzard thinks owlkin frezy is gona help us against them at all with the new stuff theyre getting theyre very mistaken

also i feel like were so weak against rogues and alot of the time hunters so if blizzard thinks owlkin frezy is gona help us against them at all with the new stuff theyre getting theyre very mistaken
    Owlkin freenzy is gonna make help us being one thing, that we never where ebfore despite several claims....
    Pvp tanks, currently you'd have the choice of leaving the moonkin alone, which means he'll be bugging your team like crazy with Cyclones, and maybe rendering your rogue useless with abolish poison.
    Or attack him increasing his damage, but be able to interrupt him.

Just hope that the "more complete" version of the skill adds a reduction to silence/interrupt mechanic duration. Would make the "pvp tank", role complete. But this is just based of my own 5v5 experience and desires. =P

what i dont understand is if you spec casting dps, why can't we as balance druids come close to pure casting classes. shamans also have healing capabilities but have awesome casting dps. I roled druid because of their type of casting spells. Blizz could possibly lower a balance druids healing effectiveness and increase spell damage. But it is totally unfair that spriest, ele sham and ench, can out dps a bal druid, when all are specced damage dealing.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFenix
    what i dont understand is if you spec casting dps, why can't we as balance druids come close to pure casting classes. shamans also have healing capabilities but have awesome casting dps. I roled druid because of their type of casting spells. Blizz could possibly lower a balance druids healing effectiveness and increase spell damage. But it is totally unfair that spriest, ele sham and ench, can out dps a bal druid, when all are specced damage dealing.
    Possibly because druids are a heavy utility class, not a heavy nuke class. They well exceptionally well, tank well, don't dps as well as rogues in kitty form, and can't nuke as well as casters in boomkin form.

i know but if were to be a complete pvp tank as eleena said that would make us unique and at the same time balance the game out.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFenix
    If you check end-game moonkin (few of them, but there are some) you'll see they outdps priests and are on par with shamans. However we have less utility than spriests and shamans, that's why so few are taken to raids. We're just hoping this will change in WoTLK. Hence the feedback.

i got a question , it might sound dumb but idc, since we get armor from moonkin while were in MF do we out armor lets say an ele shammy who wears mail???

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    If you check end-game moonkin (few of them, but there are some) you'll see they outdps priests and are on par with shamans. However we have less utility than spriests and shamans, that's why so few are taken to raids. We're just hoping this will change in WoTLK. Hence the feedback.
    I suck I get out dpsed by our spriest in BT... "QQ" =P

Nah really, as mentioned problem pve-wise, is utility not damage, you bring "pure-dps" for that, we're more like support dps. (who says there should only be 3 roles?)

i got a question , it might sound dumb but idc, since we get armor from moonkin while were in MF do we out armor lets say an ele shammy who wears mail???
    We're about equal armorwise, shields are insane.

now can an ele shaman outheal a balance druid

now can an ele shaman outheal a balance druid
    Pretty hard question comparing hots to spells with a casting time is a bit tricky, pvp-wise anyway.

well a perfect answer to some of our major problems is give moonkin form more armor either through talents or just simply hand it to us

well a perfect answer to some of our major problems is give moonkin form more armor either through talents or just simply hand it to us
    We don't need more armor, when we have the gear we can do relatively well against melee. We have absolutely nothing to defend us against casters though. (well okay barskin and cylone, that's it.)

i dont got problems with casters really except locks , my main problems ar rogues and hunters

also armor would help us againts casters so no matter what its a win win

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    I made a list with all the moonkin issues and just posting it on a few forums to get different points of view. In the end the point of this is to get it to the devs and hopefully get some concrete answers, which we have none of at the moment on the beta forums.

Pve issues:

The spells: Starfire and Wrath
    The issue: Very low base damage compared to spells of other classes, already ruins single target dps a little.
    The solution: Buff the base damage?

Don't know if I agree with this myself, at least in the sense that somehow the lesser base damage makes the spells inferior. The base damage is low, no doubt but it's the synergy we get with the talents that balances things out. 1 second casts wrath for instance, double crit dmg, etc etc etc...If you buff the base damage you'll end up buffing resto druids quit a bit as well, and there is already enough complaining (rightly so imo) about them being OP.

The talent: Improved Moonkin Aura
    The issue: It has way too long of a cool down, combined with it not stacking with wrath of air totem makes it lack buster.
    The solution: Lower the cool down to about 8 seconds, to make it acceptable.

Lowering the cool down to 8 is way way to low imo. Imo, just make it stack with totems instead, and that would be good for me. The only reason it is lackluster now is because it doesn't stack (which tbh I don't know if that is the case or not). The 8 second duration with 30 second cool down seems to be very much in line to me as far as balance goes. Reducing the cooldown would do nothing to make it better, because if it doesn't stack then then you have an ability with no cooldown that you NEVER get the benefit from anyway.

The talent: Earth and moon
    The issue: It is just weak compared to improved scorch since the buff, imp scorch buffs 3 schools for 10% damage.
    The solution: To buff earth and moon to an acceptable level it should go to 15% for 2 schools would make sense relatively speaking. Most druids, however, would be glad with it becoming a 10% buff.

For the most part I agree with this. For 5 points I think it should be a 10% buff or at the very least and imo preferably make it a 3pt talent.

The talent: Eclipse
    The issue: Has a very long cool down, making more than one point in it useless. (Theory crafting has shown that one points will result in a ~1,6% damage increase and three points a ~2,3% increase, a bit bad for three points imo.)
    The solution: Either buff the talent or lower the cool down to one minute.

I wholeheartidly agree, Eclipse is just not that good. The problem I think is that it a chance on chance type of mechanic. IF you get a crit you have a 60% chance to either increase Wrath dmg by 10% or Starfire Crit % by 10. I don't like the excuse, "well it gets tedious/tiresome to switch back and forth". Personally I like the idea of being able to switch back and forth. Gives it a bit more dynamic. But in reality I also think the idea of switching back and for the to keep the buff up constantly is a bit OP. If they simply made it 100% (at max rank) to happen on a crit I think it would be right in line then.

The talent: Lunar Guidance
    The issue: It has been nerfed, for the healing part I believe.
    The solution: Make it have double effect in moonkin form. This would make it balanced for healing and not nerf it without any reason damage wise.

I wasn't sure of the full nerf but I do agree that whatever the nerf was than when in mookin it should at least have enough of a bonus to effectivily un-nerf it.

The talent: Brambles
    The issues:
    - Thorns doesn’t depend on the caster’s but on the target’s spellpower.
    - Force of Nature could do with some more love
    The solution: A change for thorns is quite needed and buffing the damage of the treant by 30/50% would be appreciated by many too.

I agree for the most part here as well. Thorns needs to be based off of our spell power. However I think that treant dmg doesn't need that much, for a couple reasons. Mostly because we now have plenty of other valid choices to spend that point other than in treants, and also because I never felt that treants were supposed to high dps. They were/are supposed to be used (in pvp)to tack on a bit of extra damage while frustrating and confusing(i.e. knock back on casters, mistargeting and perhaps forcing your opponent to kill them buying you at the very least a global cooldown to get ahead) your opponents, and (in pve) to add again a little extra dmg as well as taking some of the attention of unwanted adds. So Thorns: YES Treants: working as intended imo.

The talent: Dreamstate
    The issue: Due to some mana mechanics changes this talent became less useful than it should be.
    The solution: Add some extra synergy with spirit to the talent to get our gear and talents in line, for example add a crit from spirit or extra mp5 from spirit to the talent.

I don't know about this first hand, but according to Blizz our Mana regen is higher than intended, so expect either this or another of our mana regen/effeciency talents to toned down some more.

Resto talents are tailored for feral druids at the lower tiers, moonkin; however, need to pick up two useless points. A fix would be to swap master shape shifter to tier 2, but keeping the prereq.

I disagree with this simply because being a Druid, buffing any aspect of my class in reality helps, since a good druid will use every aspect to get ahead. In my build that I want, I have two in Imp Mark (useful period) and 3 in Natures focus, three in master shapeshifter and two in subtlety which I think are great talents. Being able to off heal effecitively, esepecially with the spell power change, is one of my favorite things about my balance druid and this talent will help a great deal in making druids what they should be, a hybrid. Sometimes laying off dps and back up healing is needed and all the more important to be heal for less aggro than you were likely generating as a DPSer. My moonkin anyway is very high threat, and being able to pop out and heal when I need to without pulling aggro is great. I mean you only back up heal when needed, so if you end up dying cause you healing is adding more threat onto your already considerable hate build up then things go bad. Even though this is the PvE section I can't help but point out also that these are great talents for PvP as well.

Pvp issues:

The talent: Starfall
    The issue: It can be dispelled and spell stolen. It has a long cool down and its use is quite situational.
    The solution: It needs dispell resistance; it would also be awesome to add a mana burn effect similar to the engineering arcane bomb. It’s a 3 minute cool down and fairly weak in its current state for pvp, add to that the fact moonkin have nothing to counter casters and you have a perfect solution.

Agreed, a spell with a three minute cooldown should be at the very least non dispellable. I know the nay sayers will say "it's a cast and forget thing". That is until some one spells steals that bitch, then you better worry about it then.

The talent: Typhoon
    The issue: There’s a delay on the knock back, which is also fairly low.
    The solution: Make the knock back instant, like intended probably. It would also be great if the knock back would be buffed to 7-10 yards so we are actually out of melee range. An extra option would be to double the knock back on crits.
    It would also be appreciated if a slow would be added to the targets hit by typhoon.

/agree with the knock back being instant (but I think all knockbacks have a bit of a delay atm) and with the yards increase, however a snare makes it a little op imo. I forsee this being more of a "hey look, I can actually block your ass from coming in here type of thing. I don't think it's meant neccsarily for the OOMKINS survival a lone but as a way of keeping a healer or flag carrier safe for instance.

The talent: Force of Nature
    The issues: Easily killed, little damage, no added effects, lack buster compared to other similar talents.
    The solution: Give it either an added effect and/or reverse the brambles nerf from alpha, aka 75% more damage for trees. Added effects could be a random casting of roots from the treants, weak rejuvenations, tranquillity like spells or an explosion when killed causing a silence or something similar. In short a little bit extra to make it a worthwhile 41-pointer.

Again imo, working as intended. Trees have really helped me countless times in PvP, giving them anything you just mentioned would make the a "OMG MUST HAVE OR UR A NEWB" talent. Right now they serve a specific purpose and they do it well but aren't such massive awesomeness that you NEED to spec for them. This I think is what blizzard is trying to do, give you options that are both good, but neither is overwhelming as to make it a crutch/must have.

The talent: Owlkin Frenzy
    The issue: Spell pushback is not useful for wrath, our main pvp spell and it can be removed by hunters
    The solution: Either make starfire worth casting in pvp, like the current arena set bonus for example, or change the talent to also make you immune to silence/interrupt mechanics.

I like the the second option here for you solution. The push back thing is simply not a big big deal but the silence/interupt is what gets us killed far more. In addition to making you immune maybe evening breaking current silence effects on you. I only say this because the kick, counterspell or pummel usually come in the begining. I think the immunity should only last 3 seconds and considering the short amount that the immunity last for, clearing current silence effects I don't think would be too op. Three seconds isn't too op either imo(enough for one wrath, or two if you get a crit) but the damage increase should continue to last for 10. Ofcourse with this mechanic you would have to give it some kind of cooldown, like 20-30 seconds.

The talent: Brambles
    The issues:
    - A short daze on barkskin is close to useless
    - The daze for treants is useful but suffers from the trees being a bit weak
    - The added damage would be quite good if thorns depends on the caster’s and not the target’s spell power.
    The solution: Either change thorns like before mentioned and/or add the daze to thorns again.

Um, I disagree with the daze on the bark skin, anything that buys me time and interupts their flow imo is useful. Since I generally disagree with you on treants I think the daze on the treants is awesome. Again I agree with you on the thorns issue.

The talent: Subtlety
    The issue: Doesn’t have dispell resistance for balance spells anymore.
    The solution: Either add it to subtlety again or combine it with lunar guidance or a similar talent.

subtlety still decreases the chance your HoTs will be dispelled, which I use all the time in PvP so imo opinion the slight nerf to it not effecting balance spells is just that, a slight nerf, nor worth worrying about.

The spell: Thorns
    The issue: It needs some love.
    The solution:
    - Brambles (see above)
    - A damage reduction based on caster’s spellpower.
    - A proc chance to give bonus spellpower or other sort of other beneficial effect.
    - Just to mention again, make the damage dependant on the caster’s and not the target’s spellpower.

Change thorns dmg to be based off the casters spell power and your are fine, anything else is just too much.

This is all I believe, if I missed anything reply anywhere and i'll add it.

Ps. IMKA is a bit in the blue still, on EJ forums someone tested it and the haste stacked with wrath of air totem. But would be great to be sure if that is for all group members or just the moonkin. Anyway if they do stack it is still a bit weak.
    Well I tried to provide some feed back on your post and be constructive : D. I agree with you about 50% of the time. I agree that moonkins could use a bit of love here and there, I also think they are very close to being in line with where they should be and many of the fixes aren't or needent be major.

asilay are u a moonkin?

I forgot to update this topic like I did with the ones on other forums, some of the "op" stuff has been altered a bit to be more realistic.

Edit: As for your comments in the pve section, I generally look at pve from a raid point of view. If you're needed to heal in a raid as a moonkin, there is something quite wrong.