Thread: Priest Renew

Priest Renew

I don't know about anyone else, but so far Holy spec for Priests isn't exactly getting the love I hoped it would. Does anyone think giving Renew a stacking ability like Druid's Lifebloom a good idea?

Re: Priest Renew

This would be like letting rejuv stack. Renew hits harder than 1 lb, hopefully it does for you anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

Holy is extremly good and yet balanced as it is. I see no reason to change that.

Priests will get new stuff in the next polish pass.

No, thats a terrible idea.

This is the only change I would like: everytime a PoM is activated on the target, any renew spell on them has their duration refreshed to full.

Nogi

well as i QQed before, i am not happy with holy tree that much
    some talents are nice
    Gaurdain Spirit - thought a different mechanic will be brought by it like: heals over 10 secs X% of HP and prevents a killing blow, something that will add as a healing ability. the 3min CD is also a long CD for pve raiding for something that doesn't even heal if killing blow isn't prevented.
    also the fact that shaman, paladin and druid are geting new healing spells and well i'm not planing on penance as a pve raiding specc, so no new heal for pve raiding.
    would be really nice to see priest get additonal healing ability, nerf to holy priests was already made on tbc, all healer classes now get aoe ability, HoT ability - but buff the raid (bl totems etc normal qq), while priest remains with?
    pve talent with 3 min CD that prevents a killingblow and gives + 40% healing (like tree aura isn't enough).

some how i find it hard to see blizz creating an encounter that every 3 mins the boss uses the ability:
    "omg i'm to imba" - crushes your tank causeing him to lose 100% of HP (can be prevented by gaurdian spirit)
    i really doubt we will see that, and i really hope we won't.

been playing the beta for almost 2 weeks now, having great time and dmg as shadow, feeling abit dissapointed from holy (easier doing instances as discipline and resto shaman).
    discipline is a very nice tree now - you can find a build for pvp that is friendly for pve MT healing (and from what i saw works nice for lvling as well - for the healers that don't like to specc shadow for lvling).

Quote Originally Posted by Nogi
    well as i QQed before, i am not happy with holy tree that much
    some talents are nice
    Gaurdain Spirit - thought a different mechanic will be brought by it like: heals over 10 secs X% of HP and prevents a killing blow, something that will add as a healing ability. the 3min CD is also a long CD for pve raiding for something that doesn't even heal if killing blow isn't prevented.
    also the fact that shaman, paladin and druid are geting new healing spells and well i'm not planing on penance as a pve raiding specc, so no new heal for pve raiding.
    would be really nice to see priest get additonal healing ability, nerf to holy priests was already made on tbc, all healer classes now get aoe ability, HoT ability - but buff the raid (bl totems etc normal qq), while priest remains with?
    pve talent with 3 min CD that prevents a killingblow and gives + 40% healing (like tree aura isn't enough).

some how i find it hard to see blizz creating an encounter that every 3 mins the boss uses the ability:
    "omg i'm to imba" - crushes your tank causeing him to lose 100% of HP (can be prevented by gaurdian spirit)
    i really doubt we will see that, and i really hope we won't.

been playing the beta for almost 2 weeks now, having great time and dmg as shadow, feeling abit dissapointed from holy (easier doing instances as discipline and resto shaman).
    discipline is a very nice tree now - you can find a build for pvp that is friendly for pve MT healing (and from what i saw works nice for lvling as well - for the healers that don't like to specc shadow for lvling).
    I agree, I find the holy tree disappointing as well. Guardian Spirit to me defines situational. I don't see working out all that well, most of the time I see this spell being useful, we will be caught in a global cooldown(either from CoH spamming, or at the start of a Greater Heal). Also, our current uniqueness seems to be going away with wotlk. Druids are getting a AoE heal, ooc rez, and a reactive heal. Pallies are getting AoE HoT, reactive heal(Not sure on this one, was rumored at one point) and mana return ability. I just really want to see Holy Priests get stackable utility like the other healers; Druids(Battle Rez, Multiple Rejuvs on a target(With Replenish talent)), Pally(Blessings...lots of them), Shaman(Totems, BL). Holy Priests, in my opinion, need to bring more utility to a raid.

I agree, Holy Priest don't have that uniqueness anymore. I agree with Holy Paladins getting a AOE heal because they weren't as good in Sunwell, but druids didn't need one. They excelled in sunwell and Blizzard made a mistake there imo.

Blizzard must think of a way that will bring that.

Priest holy tree is just fine, nor was it "nerfed" for BC. when i look at our healing meters for BT/SWP, the holy priest are almost always on top due to CoH. personally, i do like guardian spirit, but it does need a bit of polishing. also, serindipity is great for allowing spam healing fheals/gheals on tanks which rarely happens now. that allows making a priest good at AoE which is now, AND spamming tanks... so QQ more, priest talents all around look just fine.

It seems blizz are continuing the Priests being the master of all types of healing.
    What i have found with the Holy tree is its filled with abilities to make you a power healer. I personally love Imp. Holy Conc. yeah its proc based, but 1 sec GH's rock.

You can bring a holy priest and, unlike we saw at beginning of bc, they can be a powerful aoe healer and a powerful target healer at the same time.
    Nothing shat me more than being outhealed by pallies at the start of BC.

We have:
    Empowered Healing
    Improved Holy Concentration
    Serendipity
    Spiritual Healing
    Test of Faith
    and
    Spiritual Guidance

Spiritual guidance should give us more healing power since it adds to spell power (which scales healing alot more now). Though, tested this in the Beta and have not noticed any improvement.

Guardian spirit: Nice if you know an enrage is coming for teh healing buff, but as an O SH*T button a 10% save on a raid boss is not much of a save. (assuming you are quick and free from GCD and lag.)

I guess we will have to see how things go at 80, but at the moment im reasonably happy. Will keep you updated from the beta.

Nogi

Quote Originally Posted by Iika
    I agree, I find the holy tree disappointing as well. Guardian Spirit to me defines situational. I don't see working out all that well, most of the time I see this spell being useful, we will be caught in a global cooldown(either from CoH spamming, or at the start of a Greater Heal). Also, our current uniqueness seems to be going away with wotlk. Druids are getting a AoE heal, ooc rez, and a reactive heal. Pallies are getting AoE HoT, reactive heal(Not sure on this one, was rumored at one point) and mana return ability. I just really want to see Holy Priests get stackable utility like the other healers; Druids(Battle Rez, Multiple Rejuvs on a target(With Replenish talent)), Pally(Blessings...lots of them), Shaman(Totems, BL). Holy Priests, in my opinion, need to bring more utility to a raid.
    well tbh, i wasn't really talking about the holy tree more of the 51 talent gaurdian spirit i think should be changed abit for pve raiding.
    i was more refering to every healing class geting new abilities, causing the priest to lose his uniquness of being a powerful MT healer and a powerful raid healer (shamans - raid, paladins - MT's druids = hots, ofc with exceptional - priest class was the only class able to do it all and have spells for all). now all classes get new abilities that allow them to raid heal and MT heal just as good as priest.
    i was expecting to see CoH scale abit - more base heal, or some other mechanic that will scale coh as abit more powerfull then the druids and will equal to the shaman's chain heal, but it didn't come. i was also expecting since i saw all classes get "priests" abilities for the holy priest to get an additional thing that will make him unique, or atleast give additonal ability. wasn't even thinking towards a stackable renew or a new hot. i was acctually thinking of something that will have the same mech. as swiftmend or holyshock, short CD, 3-6k instant heal. yes we have the pom, yet pom mechanics is abit different, and they already made all class powerfull in healing.

so how is now the priest so powerfull? as i said been playing the beta, was expecting to see a different mechanics on gaurdian spirit and to gain maybe a new ability (spell) or more powerful healing/mana regen abilities.
    i hope our glyphs will be able to do that. or some change in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmac27
    I don't know about anyone else, but so far Holy spec for Priests isn't exactly getting the love I hoped it would. Does anyone think giving Renew a stacking ability like Druid's Lifebloom a good idea?
    The new priest glyph increases healing from renew by 40% while cutting of the last tick, a buff to efficiency and throughput. Good enough for me.

15+ Year Old Account

I do however predict that we won't see a set bonus with an extra tick again with that glyph
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.