Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Legendary Bow goes to a Rogue!

Title say's it all, read all bout it! ROFLMAO

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

Re: Legendary Bow goes to a Rogue!

what a waste
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Utal
    what a waste
    Did you read the topic? Its a bigger waste if they couldn't give it to anyone, and seeing as they had it drop a couple of times before there was most likely no hunters in the raid that could use it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Every player everywhere who has ever been a victim of "Hunter loot syndrome" has now been avenged. More power to em.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Did you read the topic? Its a bigger waste if they couldn't give it to anyone, and seeing as they had it drop a couple of times before there was most likely no hunters in the raid that could use it.
    Did YOU read the original post? They've had *one* drop, and one hunter in their guild has the bow. There were two hunters in the raid group who could have used it as a legitimate upgrade, but it went to a rogue because the hunters were newer members.

from what i read/heard

the guild already had one bow drop, and it went to a hunter who ebayed right after that.

the 2 hunters in on this raid, while both have had good attendance and played well, have only been with the guild since after the guild was already 5/6.

the rogue that got the bow has been there all of BC.

While I'm not saying it benefits a rogue as much as a hunter, it is still the best in slot for a rogue, just keep that in mind. Obviously a hunter is going to do more with it, but doesn't mean its bad for a rogue.

plus they have seen 2 drop already, odds are before WOTLK they are going to have so many the tanks will have them, but who knows RNG is random.

So IF all that is true, im not in the guild or raid so dont know for sure, then it really wasnt that bad of a decision on the GMs part.

If the bow was from the second to last boss and they needed the boost for progression, you can be sure it would have went to a hunter. They have the game on farm now though, so it was a reward to someone that was dedicated to the guild.

now the decent thing woulda been for the rogue to pass to one a the hunters, knowing hed prob see it later, ntm he already had 2/3 of his weapons legendary already haha.

You obviously didnt read the post. It said there were two other competent hunters there

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/...o-facepalm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by oglaigh
    from what i read/heard

the guild already had one bow drop, and it went to a hunter who ebayed right after that.

the 2 hunters in on this raid, while both have had good attendance and played well, have only been with the guild since after the guild was already 5/6.

the rogue that got the bow has been there all of BC.

While I'm not saying it benefits a rogue as much as a hunter, it is still the best in slot for a rogue, just keep that in mind. Obviously a hunter is going to do more with it, but doesn't mean its bad for a rogue.

plus they have seen 2 drop already, odds are before WOTLK they are going to have so many the tanks will have them, but who knows RNG is random.

So IF all that is true, im not in the guild or raid so dont know for sure, then it really wasnt that bad of a decision on the GMs part.

If the bow was from the second to last boss and they needed the boost for progression, you can be sure it would have went to a hunter. They have the game on farm now though, so it was a reward to someone that was dedicated to the guild.

now the decent thing woulda been for the rogue to pass to one a the hunters, knowing hed prob see it later, ntm he already had 2/3 of his weapons legendary already haha.
    But it's not the best slot for rogues
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

But it's not the best slot for rogues
    Actually it is.
    Characters:
    http://pewpewboom.zer.googlepages.com/zer%27scharacter2

Noticed since BC that loot over guild loyalty has been a very big thing. People jump guilds and servers way too much since they allowed server transfers and name changes. I personally think that its one of the worst features added to wow.

I don't agree with loot councils but every member that is in the guild knew they were in a loot council so its their discision to be there and are the ones subjected to it. If they don't like the discisions by the council then they should Leave.

As a former raid leader if members fought about loot it would be DE to show the guild that loot is just pixels and will drop again. and if they were in it just for the loot I didn't want them in the raid or in my guild. obviously this was pre BC and people weren't given freebie loot like they are now a days.

Deleted

I don't see how it's any outsiders business really.

Its not....they just like to complain about it, since they will never see it, they gotta try to speak for those who do

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspells
    Actually it is.
    Although it is the best in slot for a rogue, the reason that the hunters were skipped was a loyalty-issue... they were still new to the guild

Obviously the GM/RL is doing a good job as his guild already has several legendary bows (another hunter in the guild has one too).

I play a hunter and this makes me cry. :'(

Id say epic guild fail.. only because the loot was given by loot council. If it was dkp based and they wanted to open the 2nd bow to all, then let the dkp do the talking. But this is why I generaly dispise loot council.

Well this flaming had kept me entertained all day.

But

You know with DKP it would have gone to the rogue anyway. Maybe even a MT.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspells
    Actually it is.
    No it isn't. Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas is.

And even not taking this into account this is one of the worst decisions i ever heard of. Being a raid leader for long time and knowing a lot of other good guilds i can assure that no one i know would have given that bow to a rogue unless no hunter needed it anymore. This guild is a joke.

When you give a new member the best item they can get in the game, how do you know they will show up? They were only in the guild for about 2 months, they might have just taken the bow and ebayed their hunters asap.

While it's a sad decision for sure and maybe not the most logic filled, but IMHO the most rational.

But then again, what is the point of having a 1 month 'trial' membership status if you are clearly not considered a full member after you've done your trial period?

what a waste
    qft

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

If all their hunters have it, /shrug

It's the best item in that slot for a rogue and probably for dps warriors as well, so no reason not to give it to a rogue.
    If you disagree : http://rogue.raidcal.com/

Even if there were hunters in the guild, and they were only in the guild for 2 weeks I'd still have given it to a rogue (assuming their hardcore hunters already have it) rather than a trialist hunter.

Our guild has rogue priority on the warglaives, but I'd still give them to a fury warrior rather than a trial rogue. It's subjective, so you can Q Q all you want it's not your guild and they handled it according to their own rules. Fair and square.