Thread: manaburn

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

manaburn

Is it just me or does new rank of manaburn look very uneffective when you compare it to other similar abilitys when manaburn is already most limited of these 3. Drainmana is quite in line with manaburn but when you compare vipersting to these its way over the top.

Destroy 1478 to 1562 mana from a target. For each mana destroyed in this way, the target takes 0.5 Shadow damage.
    510 Mana, 30 yd range, 3 sec cast

can be talented down to 2 sec cast

---

Stings the target, draining 3092 mana over 8 sec. Only one Sting per Hunter can be active on any one target.
    610 Mana, 5-35 yd range, Instant cast, 15 sec cooldown

improved stings increase the mana drained by 6-30%

---

Transfers 240 Mana every 1 sec from the target to the caster. Lasts 5 sec.

Re: manaburn

You can't dispell mana burn, but you can on viper sting. I'm not sure about Drain Mana.

some classes can some classes cant. But the thing is manaburn is on cast makes it already worse than sting is even sting would do less draining and other thing is that others are drains where manaburn is just burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    You can't dispell mana burn, but you can on viper sting. I'm not sure about Drain Mana.
    You can't dispel something that's not really 'on' you, but you can shorten the cast time by hitting the Warlock. :d

2 sec cast is a long long long long looooooooooooooooooooooong time on arenas. And sometimes when you are manaburning it feels like you are burning yourself cause spell aint excatly free to cast. You cant forget hunters are getting chimmera shot making drain comps ridicilously op pretty much against anything else than druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Naumu
    You can't dispel something that's not really 'on' you, but you can shorten the cast time by hitting the Warlock. :d
    I seem to remember being able to dispel certain channeled things like drain life and drain mana, maybe even mind flay. Haven't played a dispeler in quite some time though. True you can also just interrupt the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    2 sec cast is a long long long long looooooooooooooooooooooong time on arenas. And sometimes when you are manaburning it feels like you are burning yourself cause spell aint excatly free to cast. You cant forget hunters are getting chimmera shot making drain comps ridicilously op pretty much against anything else than druids.
    OP? Wrong. When we (Hunters) get smashed in by the meleetrain without having Master's call and/or Deterrence, can you then say it's "OP"? Hell, even with MC will it matter that much? Our pet's will still die quickly, so it's not entirely useful unless you're playing stupid people who haven't even looked at the Pet changes+MC :/.

Quote Originally Posted by slyin
    I seem to remember being able to dispel certain channeled things like drain life and drain mana, maybe even mind flay. Haven't played a dispeler in quite some time though. True you can also just interrupt the cast.
    Oh well, I can't dispel so, I didn't think you could since it's not really 'on' you. And I wouldn't waste a silencing shot on a Lock. Unless it's Lock and/or Rogue or Spriest of course.

any class gets smashed in the face by the melee train atm. hunters are no exception

you can dispell drains and mindflay but wouldnt do that in future when you got ua crawling under your skin

any class gets smashed in the face by the melee train atm. hunters are no exception
    OH CUZ WE KAN MELEEZ RIGHT? Our melee is utter crap, at least people can do some amounts of damage without getting completely raped.

In 2v2 + 3v3, its hard to spam mana burn, but in 5v5 it prevails. For all we know, they might be toning down drain combos and mana burn was just the beginning.

warlockz cant even meleez

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    In 2v2 + 3v3, its hard to spam mana burn, but in 5v5 it prevails. For all we know, they might be toning down drain combos and mana burn was just the beginning.
    possibly yes but when you compare those skill values to lvl 70 stuff hunters are way over what they should be in linear increase. Hunters got over 100% increase where others are at 50% or below

warlockz cant even meleez
    So. Fear, Lolcoil, Soul link, Drain life/mana. Can Hunters? Traps are easily avoidable esp by a LOLcept/LOLstep Warrior/Rogue. That's if they don't resist, or get Cloak of Skill'd/Spell Reflected. Spamstring/Crip poison > Wing clip/Hunter Melee, they can keep us in melee more than our slow, and do their regular amounts of damage. I think casters have it a bit better IMO.

AoE Fear, Shield (helps a bit) and can off-heal. Frost Nova, Ice Block, Blink, Icelance, Water Elemental.

possibly yes but when you compare those skill values to lvl 70 stuff hunters are way over what they should be in linear increase.
    I guess I can agree with you, but I know hunters have their own problems in arena with los issues and the whole pet scaling thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Naumu
    So. Fear, Lolcoil, Soul link, Drain life/mana. Can Hunters? Traps are easily avoidable esp by a LOLcept/LOLstep Warrior/Rogue. That's if they don't resist, or get Cloak of Skill'd/Spell Reflected. Spamstring/Crip poison > Wing clip/Hunter Melee, they can keep us in melee more than our slow, and do their regular amounts of damage. I think casters have it a bit better IMO.

AoE Fear, Shield (helps a bit) and can off-heal. Frost Nova, Ice Block, Blink, Icelance, Water Elemental.
    warlocks or priests cant do anything when they get hit by melee train thats a fact and propably even you know it yourself.

well even mana burn is 2secs. its fine. as priest i can say if mana burn was something like 1sec - 1.5, all the priests would be just mana burning. kinda fast. if you wanna make it better, increase ammount of mana burned a little.

and tbh viper sting should be nerfed 8)

Quote Originally Posted by jizziee
    well even mana burn is 2secs. its fine. as priest i can say if mana burn was something like 1sec - 1.5, all the priests would be just mana burning. kinda fast. if you wanna make it better, increase ammount of mana burned a little.

and tbh viper sting should be nerfed 8)
    I agree, the cast time is fine. I'm sure Blizzard doesn't want a class only to have one skill and that is the only reason they are brought to arena.

Quote Originally Posted by jizziee
    im not saying make manaburn better but more like balance vipersting around other similar ability values. Long cast time makes manaburn balanced as you cant expect to get it off that often against any opponent that got a clue but vipersting is most effective drain already as it is and now they are more than doubleing the value it drains.

(mamburn lollerl)