Death Rune Mastery

I've been looking around, but I didn't exactly find the answer I was looking for. If this has already been answered somewhere and I didn't see it, feel free to give me the link ;D. Anyway, Death Rune Mastery says:

Whenever you use a Death Strike, there is a 30/60/100% that the Frost and Unholy Runes will become Death Runes when they activate.

My question is which Frost and Unholy Runes? Are they the next ones used? The ones currently recharging? The ones currently charging and the next ones used? If you happen to know, feel free to reply and help me out here .

Re: Death Rune Mastery

I don't got an answer for you, but i have also been wondering, when you got, say two Death Runes, 2 Frost & 2 Unholy (With the Frost Talent thing), how do you choose which runes to use?

What does Death Strike cost to cast? 1 Unholy + Frost, or just 1 Unholy? If it's one of each, I'd imagine "the runes" mentioned by Death Rune Mastery would be the ones you just used to perform Death Strike, that when they reactivate, they will do so as Death Runes.

With regard Zealic's question, surely you don't "choose", it just uses which ever runes you have in order - I'd imagine the mechanic would use a pure rune over a Death Rune, first, so if you cast Death & Decay and have Unholy Runes and Death Runes available, it'd utilise the Unholy Runes, rather than burning your Death Runes.

Death Rune Mastery doesn't activate a 100% anymore. I will check out what exactly happens when I get ingame again, unless another Beta tester wants to put it down here

Quote Originally Posted by Barun
    Death Rune Mastery doesn't activate a 100% anymore. I will check out what exactly happens when I get ingame again, unless another Beta tester wants to put it down here
    so your saying the tooltip is wrong about saying 100% not unless DRM has a cd on it that we dont knw about?!

Deleted

Currently Death Rune Mastery has a 12% chance to cause any rune to become a death rune upon activation of the rune. In the next beta patch it will be 100% chance when using Death Strike to cause frost and unholy runes to become death runes, but currently in the beta Death Strike only costs an unholy rune, so unless the rune cost changes to 1 unholy and 1 frost, it'll be all unholy and frost runes that will become death runes. As for which it is, go ask on the beta forums or wait until the next beta patch comes round and get your answer.

Right now from what I can tell it when it procs it turns the next rune to finish cooling down into the death rune. Keep in mind that they are tweaking this process in the next patch, so I'd ask the question again when we have a way to find it out by testing it after the next release.

Death Strike will cost 1U and 1F. When these 2 runes were consumed by a Death Strike, they will become Death Runes, and only these 2 runes. This is assuming yo uahve Death Rune Mastery of course.