Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: replace dispersion for...

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    well you went over the top with those things and you dont know anything about pve and changes there clearly but i gotta agree with you dispersion aint the reason we shadowpriests need to QQ maybe not the best in game but surely better what most classes got apart from what mages and afflocks and hunters got.
    Indeed, I don't know that much about PVE. But everyting I said in that post is true. With Dispersion you will be able to survive any aggro from any boss in any raid.

As for Ramano, no one will activate this at 100% health. It's useless then, because it heals you for 36% of your health and replenishes 36% of your mana. You really wanna give me, a Mage, 6 seconds of invulnerability, regainig 36% health and mana, while you can only deal 10% of the damage to me? By activating Dispersion, you think that you're the only one that can't cast or attack. Opponents casting spells on you and attacking you will do only 10% damage, making it basically useless you attack you. And that's the power of Dispersion.

No other class can gain health and mana while receiving almost zero damage. And if that's not enough for you, you have Vampiric Embrace, which heals you even more, you have Vampiric Touch, which replenishis your mana even more, you can summon your Shadowfiend for even more mana regen and cast a Renew spell just before you activate Dispersion for even more healing.

Sure Warlocks can become Demon for 45 seconds, increasing their armor by 360%, but they can still be killed and they still take the same amount of damage from spells. Also, when Warlocks come out of it, their heallth and mana becomes the amounts of when they activated it, Priests will have more health and mana after the activation than before. And Demon form isn't that powerful, they don't have their Felhunter with Spell Lock or Felguard with his charge ability. As a Priest you become invulnerable, Warlocks only take less damage from melee attacks.

Just imagine: Five Mages appear from out of nowhere, summon their Water Elemental and start casting Frostbolt. Just to prove my point, let's say they all crit. All Frostbolts and WE Frostbolts wil you for 3400 and 1100 damage for a total of 17000 + 5500 = 22500 damage. By the time they hit you, you are already running away. You're thinking: I'm dead! Then you realize you have that crappy talent Dispersion, that talent that you thought sucked. You activate it, and all Frostbolts together only do 2550 damage. You're amazed by the fact that you survived an attack of five Frostmages and five Water Elemental. As you walk, your health is regenerated, bringing you to 100% health again.

Ofcourse this example has a very low chance of happening in WoW, but still, you have to activate this when you are in a fight. You can activate it when you are running away from an enemy or enemies.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix
    As for Ramano, no one will activate this at 100% health. It's useless then, because it heals you for 36% of your health and replenishes 36% of your mana. You really wanna give me, a Mage, 6 seconds of invulnerability, regainig 36% health and mana, while you can only deal 10% of the damage to me? By activating Dispersion, you think that you're the only one that can't cast or attack. Opponents casting spells on you and attacking you will do only 10% damage, making it basically useless you attack you. And that's the power of Dispersion.
    Thats called Crowd Control, if I could cast it on you I would while youre on 100% so u dont gain any mana/health.
    You cant put out damage as a mage while in it.
    meanwhile ill be killing ur partner.
    and thats the whole downside of this spell, I basicly start Crowd Controling myself. when I activate this, I give them free time with my partner. I basicly start the CC-train on myself, dispersion, counterspell, poly. poly, /wave arena partner.

I like the spell, but I hate the self-silence part of it.

Not useful in Arena matches? If you're always the first target and all enemies start attacking you right away, doesn't activating Dispersion at that time give your team a huge advantage? All enemies damaging you, while you only take 10% of the damage gives your teammates the chance to kill one of them! Not not mention that all the damage done will probably be less than 36% so, after Dispersion wares of, you will probably still have 100% health.
    1 cyclone and its all over ;D
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

[blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. [/blizzquote]

so I wonder if Dispersion stacks with the 15% physical damage reduction from Shadow Form...

propably does in some degree. not full 15% ofc ^^

I wonder if it can be dispelled
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

only when druid forms can be dispelled...i hope

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Physical effect cant be dispelled.

yes, if priest doesnt want dispersion, let us mages have it please. i would love to have an evocation that would never be interrupted, its an iceblock that you can still move(well close enough)! it heals too! OMG! Its also has shorter Cd than those mage abilities

Jack Sparrow: ...This is a jar of dirt.
    Tia Dalma: Yes.
    Jack Sparrow: ...Is the jar of dirt going to help?
    Tia Dalma: If you don't want it, give it back.
    Jack Sparrow: [greedily] No!
    Tia Dalma: Then it helps.

NO WE ARE NOT GIVING IT TO MAGES :P!

lol but you helped me prove my point zethi, ppl will appreciate this more if for just a moment it is removed. sounds like we are taking this for granted too much thus the intense qq.

15+ Year Old Account

I honestly can't imagine why people don't want this. So you get silenced yourself? Do you need to attack when you're running away? Do you need to attack when you over aggro the tank? Sure Mages can Ice Block, but all enemies can gather around me. Sure I can use Evocation, but damage shortens the channeled time, thus reducing the mana gained.

As a Mage I have no possible way of healing myself. You, mister Shadowpriest, have two. Vampiric Touch and Dispersion. As a Mage, I can make myself invulnerable with Ice Block. But can I still move away? No, I'm stuck to whatever place I activate it.

Everyone that thinks Dispersion sucks, thought that Shadowpriests would get such a powerful ability they would be top dps in any situation. Well guess what, that's never going to happen. You can passively heal and replenish mana; no class that can do that will ever become a better DPS than other DPS classes, period! It wouldn't be fair.

A reminder what great talents you're getting:

Shadow Power: Not only does this increase the critical strike chance of Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death Spells by 10%, but now it also increases the critical strike damage bonus by 50%. (Imagine Cone of Cold and Fire Blast getting a 50% increase to its crititacal strike damage bonus or the shocks of Shamans getting a 50% increase to their critical strike damage bonus. Please give that to me.)

Improved Shadowform: A 70% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage and your Fade ability has a 100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects while in Shadowform. (With the new Spell Pushback rule this might not be as powerful, but still you have a 70& chance to avoid interruption by the first two damaging attacks.)

Pain and Suffering: Mind Flay has a 100% chance of refresing the timer of Shadow Word: Pain and you take 60% less damage from Shadow Word: Death. (I think Warlocks would love this, casting either Drain Life, Drain Mana or Drain Soul to refresh the timer on Corruption or Curse of Agony.)

Twisted Faith: 30% of your Spirit is added to your Spell Power and the damage of Mind Blast and Mind Flay in increased for every DoT on the target. (A Mage with 1200 bonus spell damage receiving another 30% of 350 Spirit, that's another 105 extra bonus spell damage, giving them a total of 1305 bonus spell damage.)

Dispersion: For 6 seconds you only take 10% of any damage dealt to you and every second you gain 6% of your total health and mana, for a total of 36%. You cannot cast spells or attack, but you can move.

They should add this to the tooltip: In case you over aggro the tank in a raid, activate Dispersion. There is no boss in WotLK capable of dealing enough damage to kill you. If you have 15001 health, and you get hit for 150k damage, you will survive with 1 health. And after 6 seconds have passed, you will have 5401 health.

Please make a poll: Give Disperion to Mages, give us something that improves our Vampiric Embrace and Vampiric Touch abilities. Only Mages and Priests can vote.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno

Jack Sparrow: ...This is a jar of dirt.
    Tia Dalma: Yes.
    Jack Sparrow: ...Is the jar of dirt going to help?
    Tia Dalma: If you don't want it, give it back.
    Jack Sparrow: [greedily] No!
    Tia Dalma: Then it helps.

NO WE ARE NOT GIVING IT TO MAGES :P!

lol but you helped me prove my point zethi, ppl will appreciate this more if for just a moment it is removed. sounds like we are taking this for granted too much thus the intense qq.
    Haha, I like how you think. Great quote and i agree with what you're getting at.

lol thanks, glad someone agrees with me ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Statix while I fully agree with your points - or well, 99% - I would like to point out the fact that most "pure" dps classes get some means to regen mana through talent points. With mages its improved Water elemental (but I hope you allready knew this). So besides the healing part which on its own is really weak from a shadowpriest (compared to normal healing), and they otherwise need to go out of shadowform the comment with:

"...replenish mana; no class that can do that will ever become a better DPS than other DPS classes, period! It wouldn't be fair."

doesn't carry fully.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Pain and Suffering: Mind Flay has a 100% chance of refresing the timer of Shadow Word: Pain and you take 60% less damage from Shadow Word: Death. (I think Warlocks would love this, casting either Drain Life, Drain Mana or Drain Soul to refresh the timer on Corruption or Curse of Agony.)
    Actually, Affliction locks do have this.

Everlasting Affliction - Rank 5
    Your Corruption, Siphon Life and Unstable Affliction spells gain an additional 20% of your bonus spell damage effects, and your Drain Life and Shadow Bolt spells have a 100% chance to reset the duration of your Corruption spell on the target.