Thread: Paladin Glyphs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    I can see the SoComm glyph being useful in PvP, but I don't see too much use in PvE although it varies from weapon to weapon.

    Blood/Martyr will be superior for PvE as it scales well with haste and on bosses it will have higher judgment damage (can't stun raid bosses). Also Blood/Martyr will damage the paladin allowing us to get healed by others and restore our mana as Judgments of the Wise will not always target us in raids and we won't receive healing from our own Divine Storm ability.

    # Seal of Blood now increases Judgement damabe by 45% of weapon damage.
    # Seal of Command now increases Judgement damage by 30% of weapon damage, 60% on stunned targets.
    But of course, this is just considering what little we know. It is beta after all.


    Also... I want to see a glyph that adds a (lets say) 50% chance to refresh your Seal of Vengeance/Corruption effect on the target to Crusader Strike and/or Hammer of the Righteous regardless of which seal you have active.

  2. #22

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by Gache
    I can see the SoComm glyph being useful in PvP, but I don't see too much use in PvE although it varies from weapon to weapon.

    Blood/Martyr will be superior for PvE as it scales well with haste and on bosses it will have higher judgment damage (can't stun raid bosses). Also Blood/Martyr will damage the paladin allowing us to get healed by others and restore our mana as Judgments of the Wise will not always target us in raids and we won't receive healing from our own Divine Storm ability.

    But of course, this is just considering what little we know. It is beta after all.


    Also... I want to see a glyph that adds a (lets say) 50% chance to refresh your Seal of Vengeance/Corruption effect on the target to Crusader Strike and/or Hammer of the Righteous regardless of which seal you have active.
    Hmm, I actually like the Corruption/Vengeance refresh idea. Certainly not OP in anyway, and has that perfect glyph customization feel. I'd probably get it.

  3. #23

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    SoComm should not be the end all be all of seals, now that alliance has access to Blood, let it stay where it is, as the premiere PvP seal, a great solo seal, and a solid PvE seal on damage sensitive fights.

    And, yeah, I like the CS Glyph idea, perhaps a Glyph that gives CS increased Pushback? (1 sec instead of .5)

  4. #24

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Whatever the maths are, for pvp.

    SoComm, CS and FoL glyphs

    Obviously putting inscription as profession after BS 450.

    Done.

    It's there, under our eyes, what are the best glyphs for retri

  5. #25

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by Samiel
    And that's assuming the 20% isn't meant as a 20% of the 45% (Which would mean an additional 9% proc chance for a total of 54%.) or a 20% of the 7 PPM (Which would mean 8.2 PPM)

    Got me thinking:

    Assuming 20% of a 7PPM

    1.20 * 7 = 8.4 PPM

    Assuming a 3.6 aspd (Pretty standard aspd)

    60 seconds / 3.6 aspd = 16.6 attacks in one minute

    After some consideration, I am unsure now if Blizzard was smart enough to conclude you're actual attacks made in a minute (You could only do 16), or the mathematical .6 attack, my guess is Blizzard probably copped out and says you can make a .6 attack when considering your % chance of a SoCasino going off.

    Current SoC
    7 procs / 16.6 attacks made = .42 (42% chance of going off)
    8.4 procs / 16.6 attacks made = .51 (51% chance of going off)

    Reciting my old post:

    -------------------------------------------------------
    Seal of Blood / Martyr

    35% weapon dmg 100% swing

    .35 * (.100 * 1 attack ) = .35
    .35 * (.100 * 2 attacks) = .7
    .35 * (.100 * 3 attacks) = 1.05
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Seal of Command (3.6 aspd No Glyph)

    70% weapon dmg 42% swing

    .70 * (.42 * 1 attack ) = .29
    .70 * (.42 * 2 attacks) = .59
    .70 * (.42 * 3 attacks) = .88
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Seal of Command (3.6 aspd with Glyph)

    70% Weapon dmg 51% swing

    .70 * (.51 * 1 attack ) = .36
    .70 * (.51 * 2 attacks) = .71
    .70 * (.51 * 3 attacks) = 1.07
    -------------------------------------------------------

    If the glyph affects the PPM, making it 8.4 procs per minute,
    Then with a 3.6 aspd weapon, it makes it barely better then Seal of Blood / Martyr

    HOWEVER This does not include haste rating, nor the fact that you are spamming judgments.







  6. #26

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by Samiel
    And that's assuming the 20% isn't meant as a 20% of the 45% (Which would mean an additional 9% proc chance for a total of 54%.) or a 20% of the 7 PPM (Which would mean 8.2 PPM)
    And now for the other possibilty, and extra 20% of the percent of SoCom going off,
    (In otherwords
    [your percentage of SoC going off] * [1.20 added from glyph]

    In my first post I had done

    [your percentage of SoC going off] + [20% added from the glyph]
    )

    Assuming 3.6 aspd (hurray for venge weapons)

    60 seconds / 3.6 aspd = 16.6 attacks in one minute

    7 procs / 16.6 attacks made = .42 (42% chance of going off)

    .42 * 1.20 (the % increase from the glyph if it affects it this way) = .50


    -------------------------------------------------------
    Seal of Command (3.6 aspd with Glyph)

    70% weapon dmg 50% swing

    .70 * (.50 * 1 attack ) = .35
    .70 * (.50 * 2 attacks) = .7
    .70 * (.50 * 3 attacks) = 1.05

    -------------------------------------------------------


    Hmmm those numbers look AWFULLY familiar
    Where, perhaps, have we seen those?

    Oh that's right:

    -------------------------------------------------------
    Seal of Blood / Martyr

    35% weapon dmg 100% swing

    .35 * (.100 * 1 attack ) = .35
    .35 * (.100 * 2 attacks) = .7
    .35 * (.100 * 3 attacks) = 1.05
    -------------------------------------------------------

    Meaning if the glyph's affect is Multiplied (not added, like in my first post) then
    Seal of Command's DPS output is equal to Seal of Blood / Martyr

    NOTE: This is based on a 3.6 attack speed
    and
    This does not include haste rating, nor the fact that you are spamming judgments.

  7. #27

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Glyph of Blessing of Might would be really cool with improved blessing of might, if I spec BoM as ret I get 525 AP, from sheath of light I get about 155 SP from that AP, and with this glyph 52 SP more.
    Its not a lot but every little bit helps, in a raid with enough paladins you could even put this on the casters.
    Glyph of Blessing of Kings also looks very nice when you think it can scale up the AP from BoM, Unleashed Rage and Abominations Strength.
    Glyph of Judgment, 10% more damage to judgments is great now that they scale so well with stats and that they return mana via judgments of the wise.
    If I had to chose some glyphs for PVE I'd take those 3 any day, at least for the time being they seem to be the best retribution glyphs.


  8. #28

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    I'm really having a hard time seeing any glyphs that I would wet myself over to have as a tank. There are some 'ok' ones, but mostly very underwhelming. Am I missing something?

  9. #29

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Well you have to remember its still the beta and inscription is still in the making, so we will probably see some better tanking glyphs for paladins and more all round glyphs.
    Though one interesting glyph for the pala tank is the one that makes Avengers Shield hit only 1 target but do 100% more damage, to me it looks like that is the glyph for the paladin that managed to get respected and trusted enough to become MT.
    100% more damage to one target could mean a massive threat boost at the beginning of a boss fight, especially if it crits, giving a raid the possibility to start damage right away.

  10. #30

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Admuntour: Remember they changed the shield to a .5 second cast time. Easily fast enough to sneak into rotation on a slow hitting boss.

  11. #31

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by Caelic
    Now, if this is tweaked so it affects everyone but still only damages undead and demons, we could be on to a winner.

    C
    x
    unless I am mistaken, holy wrath and exor are being changed to be usableable against non-undead demon targets but will STUN undeads/demons. cant wait to holy wrath stun a demon form lock then fear him with turn evil get a taste of the old medicine ye kno?

  12. #32

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    like someone else posted somewhere, I'm waiting for:

    Minor Glyph of the Arch-Angel
    (Causes the graphical effect of your
    Avenger's wrath to resemble the
    wings of the Arch-Angel Tyreal)


  13. #33

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Glyph of true retribution - the retribution tree is turned into the warriors arms tree and the paladin now uses rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

  14. #34

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    ARMSLOL!

  15. #35

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    it might be bit too early to start making glyph choices not even knowing which ones are major and which ones are minor.

  16. #36

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by b8279
    Would seem that way. Even though it is ppm as opposed to % proc it is still based on the rng so the glyph is of limited use imo.
    geezuz mate I wouldn't throw this glyph of Seal of Command out the window so lightly, it may actually be the defining reason to take SoC as a talent, because as it stands SoR, SoV are stacking up way better for Ret dps which is absurd for a Ret talent to be wasted in such a way, even against SoM. I'll be definitely taking this and the CS damage on stunned targets ;D

  17. #37

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Well SoC (aswel as all seals) can now also procs on Crusader Strike and Divine Storm, which means you will have a lot more chances per minute to proc SoC compared to only on white attacks.

  18. #38

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbill
    Well SoC (aswel as all seals) can now also procs on Crusader Strike and Divine Storm, which means you will have a lot more chances per minute to proc SoC compared to only on white attacks.
    this requires testing, or, source?

  19. #39

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasgart Holyhammer
    this requires testing, or, source?
    I´ve tested it myself in beta.
    All seals proc (or can proc in the case of SoC) on every melee attack. this includes Crusader Strike and Divine Storm.

    Which means that you won't only have white attacks each minute, but also CS and DS several times per minute which means more chances to proc SoC.

  20. #40

    Re: Paladin Glyphs

    Which makes SoM/B even *better* than SoV...

    that's an extra 16 Procs of SoM/B per minute

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •