Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Incoming Crusader Strike change?

I turned on my computer, read the latest patch changes and was than suprised to find nobody has posted about it yet! Seems like Crusader Strike might be undergoing a change after all.

Retribution

Crusader Strike (Tier 9) does not refresh judgements anymore.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Re: Incoming Crusader Strike change?

hope they add the vindication effect to it and save us 2 talent points

I think they might go through with this because they want paladins to always refresh their judgements and you also have to consider the end-talent tree of Holy. What's the purpose in speccing into those points if a retadin is going to refresh it all the time? At max, you'll judge 5 times or so during a raid (or possibly more) if the boss is always moving (like Illidan, for example).

i think we all see whats coming... reduces healing effects on the target by 50% for 8 secs

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    i think we all see whats coming... reduces healing effects on the target by 50% for 8 secs
    I bloody hope not.

No seriously, Mortal Strike is a Warrior perk and does not fit the Paladin ethos in any way.

I don't know. I always liked the minor utility that Retadins had with keeping Judgements up on a boss but thats pretty much gone in Wrath. Auto attack will refresh your own judgement so theres no need to worry there and Holy paladins will refresh theirs by casting for the spell haste buff. So it does make sense they removed the affect on Crusade strike, it was useless.

I hope they'll add a second affect to Crusader Strike but honestly, if this beta build is anything to go by it looks like it'll just be an extra attack on command - which is something we as as class mused to always ask for. Slightly disappointing? Yes but we can't have everything i guess.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    I bloody hope not.

No seriously, Mortal Strike is a Warrior perk and does not fit the Paladin ethos in any way.
    Lolwut? You do realise there are other classes that can reduce healing right? Hunter for example, Rogue? I guess the reason we can't have a spell interrupt is because "it doesn't fit the paladin". that logic is flawed. Healing debuff isn't unique to the warrior anymore.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

it was a joke :P apparently very bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo

it won't happen.

Retri same as enchance shamans have higher burst and also higher dps then an arms warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz
    Lolwut? You do realise there are other classes that can reduce healing right? Hunter for example, Rogue? I guess the reason we can't have a spell interrupt is because "it doesn't fit the paladin". that logic is flawed. Healing debuff isn't unique to the warrior anymore.
    Aye, and it had no reason being transfered to the Hunter in the first place.

I'd like the Paladin to stay as unique as possible, getting talents copied out of a different class kinda negates that. And besides, we don't need a healing reduce with the damage we have been dealing in the Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz
    Aimed Shot MS debuff was a crappy bandaid for Hunter PvP viability. Rogue & Warriors are the only melee that can't heal themselves unlike Retridin/Enh Sham. It's a way to shorten the fight because they have no way to outlast healers. Granted, Warrior/healer combo is devastating, but get a CC buddy I guess :P

meh i would like a secondary effect of some sort for crusader strike:P

dispell maybe?

How about 110% weapon damage as holy damage?

Folding vindication into it is also a possibility, would basically be a free -20% stats debuff that would always be up.

no ms debuff. as for vindication, meh =/ however, i'd like to see something else added to CS. atm is just a 41 pt instant attack, which is pathetic for how far down it is.

i'm for uniqueness with paladin talents myself. But then.. i noticed DK with our stacking damage buff right in their dps tree.

I've always liked to see CS add some kind of stacking damage buff myself, Up to 3 maybe. Either that or some kind of slow debuff that stacks. Or both :P

If you were to compare Hemorrhage to CS (since their both 110% talented attacks) for a 21 point investment they get our 41 point talent and a physical damage debuff.

That always irked me.
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

maybe they add that much wanted spell interrupt there

Crusader Strike (Tier 9) does not refresh judgements anymore.
    as holy paladins will be judging every 30 secs to get their 10% spell haste buff you wont need to refresh their judgements. so this change to CS is good allowing it to possibly have some other effect or maybe increased dmg instead.

but i dont want it to have a MS effect. vindication isnt a good option either in my opinion as it has fairly high proc rate anyway from your attacks. personally i would take a slow as an extra talent or just increased dmg.

Personally, I agree with Rawberry in that MS = no no. It doesnt fit Paladins at all.

Anyway, what I'd like to see is something like this...

Crusader Strike
    Instantly attack the target for 110% weapon damage, also placing a debuff on the target increasing holy damage by 2% stacking up to 5 times.

Maybe change it to 3% stacking up to 3 times, since 30 seconds is rather long.

As for the Vindication one, sorry but I really dont like it. Why? Because it has no PvE use.

Crusader Strike

Instantly attack the target for 110% weapon damage, also procs anything currently avalible 5 times

gief :P

could just make it proc a judgement on the target or reduce the cost of your next judgement or something