Poll: Come Wrath of the Lich King, what will you as a Warlock do? Stay a Warlock? Reroll a Deathknight? Re

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Will you reroll or stay Warlock in WotLK?

I'm going to reroll come Wrath, not because of anything beta, but because I've wanted a plate-wearing class that can dish out some damage that can heal themselves (death knight). Sure, death knights don't have a lot of healing abilities, but how many healing abilities do warriors have? And paladins can't dish out the damage without running OOM, however Wrath may change this.

I'm going to level my death knight to 70 or 80, and then decide if I will keep her as my new main or not. A paladin is something else that I'm interested in rerolling. Currently though, I'm extremely happy with my warlock and wish I had just a little bit longer with her before Wrath comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius
    1. As a mage who has stuck it out and been whooped by warlocks in pvp and on the damage meters in raids throughout TBC, I find it insanely humerous to see locks willing to jump ship so quickly. ROFL you have arguably the most dominant class in the game right now (in competition with druids), and just b/c patch notes in a beta havent really worked out that well, you are considering rerolling...roflmao...priceless.

2. Props to those locks rerolling...way to stick with the class through the tough times?
    1. The Rogue Vs Warlock situation is like 100 times more difficult than Mage Vs Warlock, in any case a Good mage has a fair amount of chances on wining a lock (perhaps not 50-50 indeed) but wasn't Warlocks supposed to be a anti-mage class in the first place?

PvE oriented you have either to a) Get Rid of the Kara/ZA/Badge loot b) Spec something other than frost c) Learn to press firebolt, and sooner or later you will realize that mage Damage doesn't suck so much, in fights like Brut and on SP gear the difference is less than 5% (btw the kings of dps on TBC are rogues and stacking Hunters since the 3,2 -3,8k dps they perform simply can't be achieved by locks).

The following two shows you how dps charts REALLY look
    http://wowwebstats.com/jpm3ueonikfrg?s=257216-281936
    http://wowwebstats.com/irdh6x6q2kldo?s=27917-54044

This one shows you the Mage Vs Lock dps
    http://wowwebstats.com/qi3lbstbblwam?s=16876-39266

Continuing, ROFLMAO you are clueless, if wow is to hard for you solitaire (and it's embedded cheat mode) is the right game for you, it's priceless that after all this years people like you fail at such trivial issues.

2. I was playing my lock when DC had 5 times more cd ,SL was a 30 sec buff,1 lifetap gave you 1,5 shadowbolt mana in return and ignite ticks were more then enough to outdamage shadowbolt... So Dear boy once again you don't have a fucking clue what tough times mean.

Every warlock complaining that thousands pages of feedback has (once again) been ignored is justified, BETA or not the job done so far is P A T H E T I C and you don't even have to be experienced to judge this, in simple words the class was looking for Oranges and in return we are getting Apples...

"hey, we will fine tune Apples don't worry ;D , to make them look just like oranges !!!111

Fail ....
    EPIC FAIL

If they don't make some major changes to warlocks before wotlk goes live, I will most certainly reroll. I've got a lvl 70 warrior and priest standing by, and at least one of those classes WILL be getting some love.

And yes, I've heard and seen all the BS about hard times and all that crap. The fact of the matter is, I've played my lock in a time where the only reason we were in a raid were three spells. These spells were called 'Create Healthstone', 'Create Soulstone' and 'Banish'. A time where deathcoil was ten minutes cooldown, and we were worthless in any kind of pvp, a time where lifetap didn't scale with spelldamage, ...

My point is, I've already seen the hard times of being a lock.

Trust me, I love my lock. I've played her with great enjoyment for three years now, and it will pain me greatly to say goodbye, but I will not stand for what they will do to the class.

First of all i laughed really hard reading 50% of the posts. Warlocks just have one Class that kills them really and that are rogues. Well and y do you need to be TOP DPS Class? You have so much CC and you will always have a raid spot because of your CC and your DPS. And Arena well i dont want to talk about arena Druid/Warlock is all i want to say... I think all warlocks have an addiction towards being OP :P

Well and the pet system should similiar to that of the hunters but it should be balanced of course....
    Pride Paladin of the Order of Blood Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Nazumi
    First of all i laughed really hard reading 50% of the posts. Warlocks just have one Class that kills them really and that are rogues. Well and y do you need to be TOP DPS Class? You have so much CC and you will always have a raid spot because of your CC and your DPS. And Arena well i dont want to talk about arena Druid/Warlock is all i want to say... I think all warlocks have an addiction towards being OP :P

Well and the pet system should similiar to that of the hunters but it should be balanced of course....
    Yes, its amazing how much CC we have... Seduce, wich breaks, well, who am I kidding nobody uses seduce in raids anyway, if a succubus is summoned, it's only to sac it. We have banish. Whooptiedoo, we can CC a few demons and elementals, wich ofc every instance is FULL of ( /sarcasm).
    And I really sincerely hope you don't count fear as CC, becouse I can count the occasions where it is viable in endgame raids so far on one hand.

About pvp I'm not so sure, becouse I hate pvp myself, but I read a lot of theorycraft, and I may give you that one, warlocks may indeed be good at arenas.

15+ Year Old Account

seems ppl only see as far as the nose.locks have been great for 18 months?,so why the boohoo now?,i have a mage and a lock,locks dps and surviabilty is 2nd to none compeared to the mage,dot fear dot dot fear?,easy mode.

Rim.

i have a lock from the beginning of wow.
    Lock was nerfed, then god mode, then nerfed again, and again (anyone remember the negative resistance ? ) but i love to play my lock as blizzard design it.
    if blizzard have changed my lock (now i'm fire/shadow destro) and force me to play with a pet , i do math and play with a pet with best dps i can do.
    i don't do pvp, never do it
    i ask to my friend to do some test in lock in WoTLK with affliction talent, then demo and finally destruction talent.
    If they don't nerf lock again (the first "release" of lock in wotlk was too overpowered) i think that with all raid buff, lock is still a good dps machine... if they do... peace
    lock is my main pg (my alt is a feral druid) and i don't leave it until i play world of warcraft, anything they change ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Rim
    seems ppl only see as far as the nose.locks have been great for 18 months?,so why the boohoo now?,i have a mage and a lock,locks dps and surviabilty is 2nd to none compeared to the mage,dot fear dot dot fear?,easy mode.

Rim.
    The amount of concentrated fail on your post is really to much for a man to handle...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) Physicist & Nobel Laureate

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius
    I'll admit right off the bat that I have read virtually none of this thread, seeing as I haven't the patience to read 11 pages. But based on the few posts I have read, the poll at the top, and title of the post...I've got to say this:

As a mage who has stuck it out and been whooped by warlocks in pvp and on the damage meters in raids throughout TBC, I find it insanely humerous to see locks willing to jump ship so quickly. ROFL you have arguably the most dominant class in the game right now (in competition with druids), and just b/c patch notes in a beta havent really worked out that well, you are considering rerolling...roflmao...priceless.

Awesome...this post has made my day, and will probably keep me happy for the next few days.

Props to those locks rerolling...way to stick with the class through the tough times?
    Warlocks are cake for my Mage @ 39 (Warlock dominant bracket). And due to the stupendous amount of damage twink warlocks deal at the current level they will only get even easier as my gear and level scale up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rim
    Rim.
    this is epic fail
    please mr. mage stfu
    your dps COULD be inferior, bt if you itemize DECENTLY (and play decently as well) whilst not being able to reach locks, you won't be too far behind (5-7%)..
    i, as kintarooe, have been playing wow since the beginning..
    i was there when we were free honor points for everyone..
    i was there when we were in raid just for hs, ss and banish..
    i was there when rofl-igniting mage were sooo far ahed that it wasn't even worth talking about..
    then finally someone remembered about lock...
    and while NO fucking one complained about warlock being the shittiest class, everyone was ready to jump to our neck and QQ..
    we had a nice time.. you had a nice time to..
    this time i would have loved to see it all balanced, instead the nerfbat that we are getting straight on the teeth is beyond any reasonable thing..
    destro shadow --> non existant (hence nerf to spriest and affli lock as well)
    destro fire --> could actually be nice but to get everything out of this you need a winter-chill mage, etc etc.. and you gotta keep your NNNNice pet alive, because i DOUBT healer will heal our pet, and guess what.. they'll die.. unless you STOP your dps to heal them.. and not a nice hot heal (hunter....) but a channeled heal..
    demo --> yay gotta love this... NOT.. you got to spam sbolt (common in every spec), dot a bit (shit-dot i'd rather say) and that's about it.. leave the pet to auto-attack//auto-cast his skill btw.. luckily at least you don't need to heal'em, thanks to the talent..
    affli ---> this could have been so much better.. affli lock have to be SKILLED as hell to get their maximum dps, because there's no perfect dps cycle.. there's "you gotta keep everything up, move and sbolt like hell mantra... ah yeah, gotta still decide in in affli it is even worth to let the imp firebolt the mob, use it as a mana battery or use felhunter.... <_>

unless affli is boosted//scales with haste&crit, once again locks will be giving their raid spot because if rl want to min-max he will simply need 1 affli-lock (for coe), 1 demo lock (for pet's crit --> spelldmg boost for the raid and cor).. i really gotta love this

so mr.mage you and your stupid "dot fear, dot fear, dot fear" proves that you don't know jack shit about our class..
    and fear being "an awesome cc" as mentioned some reply before... heck this is so fail that it hurts while laughing..
    it can be an awesome cc in pvp/arena (altough there's trinket, racial, and other gibberish that negates this..), but in raid? it's fail, because UNLESS you actually constantly keep an eye on the mob, it can run god only knows toward wich pat

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken
    1. The Rogue Vs Warlock situation is like 100 times more difficult than Mage Vs Warlock, in any case a Good mage has a fair amount of chances on wining a lock (perhaps not 50-50 indeed) but wasn't Warlocks supposed to be a anti-mage class in the first place?

PvE oriented you have either to a) Get Rid of the Kara/ZA/Badge loot b) Spec something other than frost c) Learn to press firebolt, and sooner or later you will realize that mage Damage doesn't suck so much, in fights like Brut and on SP gear the difference is less than 5% (btw the kings of dps on TBC are rogues and stacking Hunters since the 3,2 -3,8k dps they perform simply can't be achieved by locks).

The following two shows you how dps charts REALLY look
    http://wowwebstats.com/jpm3ueonikfrg?s=257216-281936
    http://wowwebstats.com/irdh6x6q2kldo?s=27917-54044

This one shows you the Mage Vs Lock dps
    http://wowwebstats.com/qi3lbstbblwam?s=16876-39266

Continuing, ROFLMAO you are clueless, if wow is to hard for you solitaire (and it's embedded cheat mode) is the right game for you, it's priceless that after all this years people like you fail at such trivial issues.

2. I was playing my lock when DC had 5 times more cd ,SL was a 30 sec buff,1 lifetap gave you 1,5 shadowbolt mana in return and ignite ticks were more then enough to outdamage shadowbolt... So Dear boy once again you don't have a fucking clue what tough times mean.

Every warlock complaining that thousands pages of feedback has (once again) been ignored is justified, BETA or not the job done so far is P A T H E T I C and you don't even have to be experienced to judge this, in simple words the class was looking for Oranges and in return we are getting Apples...

"hey, we will fine tune Apples don't worry ;D , to make them look just like oranges !!!111

Fail ....
    EPIC FAIL
    I agree with much of what you say (Sup warlock since day 1 buddy) although I'm not sure how useful the WWS parses are. Showing a WWS with a warglaive rogue getting 2x bloodlusts on a 3:40 brutallus kill isn't all that helpful. Even the 2900 dps warlock doesnt show much - I've done 2557 on a 5:30 kill and I only have 3 pieces of sunwell loot. Gear, group composition and pull length are all important. Warlocks are capable of competing with hunters/rogues given equal catering (you see rogue/rogue/feral/enhacement/fury warrior groups but how often do locks get boomkin/elemental shaman/shadow priest groups where everyone has drums?).

As far as rerolling or not, its hard to say. I think a lot of locks have gotten used to being a top tier dps class and anything short of that in wotlk will be dissapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sard
    you see rogue/rogue/feral/enhacement/fury warrior groups but how often do locks get boomkin/elemental shaman/shadow priest groups where everyone has drums?
    SOOOO true :P
    my rl was obsessed with melee group..
    when magic buffer were available thye went to mages to make everyone do "similar dps"...
    max i've ever got was a elemental shaman + spriest... ONCE in all my tbc raiding.. usually i was stuck with bm hunter group 5th slot (not a bad place :P) or with just a resto shammy wrath of air :X

Quote Originally Posted by Sard
    I agree with much of what you say (Sup warlock since day 1 buddy) although I'm not sure how useful the WWS parses are. Showing a WWS with a warglaive rogue getting 2x bloodlusts on a 3:40 brutallus kill isn't all that helpful. Even the 2900 dps warlock doesnt show much - I've done 2557 on a 5:30 kill and I only have 3 pieces of sunwell loot. Gear, group composition and pull length are all important. Warlocks are capable of competing with hunters/rogues given equal catering (you see rogue/rogue/feral/enhacement/fury warrior groups but how often do locks get boomkin/elemental shaman/shadow priest groups where everyone has drums?).

As far as rerolling or not, its hard to say. I think a lot of locks have gotten used to being a top tier dps class and anything short of that in wotlk will be dissapointing.
    Don't think that even with a Moomkin,elemental shaman,Shadow priest group a 2.9k dps lock can pass 3.5k since i strongly doubt that this 0.6k (20%) is something that Moonkin Aura,Totem of wrath can deliver, as for warglaive rogues or Thori'dal hunters there isn't much to be said other than they are a major reality and not such a rare thing to see in "high end" raiding guilds.

The WWS parses were used to show to the mage how clueless he was tho you indeed have a point that unfortunately it's as trivial as vanilla wow Shadow priests raid PvE viability were (you don't see many Moonkins in high end raiding guilds and a shaman on his right mind doesn't play elemental since Enhancement is far better for both solo and raid dps).

Btw we can now officially mourn the death of shadow locks since not only Improved Shadow Bolt turned personal (expected) but Shadow Weaving ,Misery also have turned to a selfbuff ability and a 3% Hit buff (from 5% extra damage).

Koraa: We'll be doing some considerable work on Warlocks before that patch hits.
    "Considerable" is shit,
    "Considerable" is wrong,
    "Considerable" is beyond epic fail.

Shadow Destruction (and the already dead affliction) loosing minimum 25% damage (5 ISB,5 DS,10 SW,5% misery) is necessary ??? If yes atleast fucking justify it (you can't) ...

Personally a 25% nerf isn't something a "considerable" work can solve...

Fucking lock the class already... >

Edit:
    Thanks karpalo

Dont forget misery was changed to 3% spellhit ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken
    Don't think that even with a Moomkin,elemental shaman,Shadow priest group a 2.9k dps lock can pass 3.5k since i strongly doubt that this 0.6k (20%) is something that Moonkin Aura,Totem of wrath can deliver, as for warglaive rogues or Thori'dal hunters there isn't much to be said other than they are a major reality and not such a rare thing to see in "high end" raiding guilds.
    No, but being bloodlusted for over a third of the fight (twice at 40 seconds and 40 seconds = 80 seconds of bloodlust on a fight that only lasted 229 seconds) might

sooo..
    shadow loose... misery, shadow weaving, 5% sb, 5% from sac (if you sacced)..
    we'll fix affli my ass..
    not only shadow destro is gone for good, but these nerf pretty (excluded the sac) pretty much call it a day for affli-lock -.-
    and did i get it wrong? shadow embrace = self buff only? bye bye shadow embrace? it's pretty much useless..
    so we either raid as demo or fire-destru? -.-"""
    I just woke up, and blizzard is ruining my mood -.-"""

Think i'll reroll warlock from mage, its funny how a +10% shadow damage when there already is a +10% shadow damage talent seems a nerf when for all other classes it would be a buff. Its true that its only a replacement for shadow weaving, but you're lucky to get a replacement in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazumi

Ok I;ve been playing my lock for almost 2.5 years WTF are you talking about with our CC? In a PvE perspective we are there to make cookie jars (Soul Well) Soulstones, and Pew Pew, if we don't have the top DPS or close we dont have shit. Banish is EXTREMELY situational (Elementals and Demons ONLY!!!!) and Rule 1 of being a lock is to NEVER EVER FEAR ANYTHING UNLESS SPECIFICALLY TOLD TO DO SO PRIOR TO THE PULL BY YOUR RAID LEADER(S)
    rule #2 REFER TO RULE #1
    and succy seduce is crap compared to sheep and only the best of the best locks could pull it off and keep it up as well a sheep while still DPS'ing (I had a macro that allowed me to seduce focus without changing targets so was very good at it) otherwise we sit and pew pew. our pets in endgame raiding are there to be sac'd for extra spell dmg
    Druids: 50g away from being better at your job than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by darkenrahl
    SOOOO true :P
    my rl was obsessed with melee group..
    when magic buffer were available thye went to mages to make everyone do "similar dps"...
    max i've ever got was a elemental shaman + spriest... ONCE in all my tbc raiding.. usually i was stuck with bm hunter group 5th slot (not a bad place :P) or with just a resto shammy wrath of air :X
    you guys run an ele shaman, man the best i ever get is 3 locks plsu boomkin plus resto shaman and i have to fight just to get the boomkin, i never ever get the spriest, they always in the healer group
    Druids: 50g away from being better at your job than you are.

New talents indeed looks miserable and after playing warlock for 2 years I feel like I need a change I got 3 other lvl 70 toons ( shaman, paladin and a druid) in wotlk I will most likely to play druid as moonkin/resto or even tank I dont know, I never been anything else other than dps