Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Shining Spellthread Permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing spell power by 35 and Spirit by 12.
    Brilliant Spellthread Permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing spell power by 50 and Spirit by 20.
    Azure Spellthread Permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing spell power by 35 and Stamina by 20.
    Sapphire Spellthread Permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing spell power by 50 and Stamina by 30.

    According to Wotlk Wiki, Tailors will get new leg enchants. These are sellable though, so they may be another reason to level tailoring. I guess I have to decide if I want Leg enchants, Cloak enchants, bags, nets and the odd cloak. Not a bad list really, but all the socketing with Blacksmithing and a menu of good weapons and armor for both melee and spell is compelling. Also didn't they remove Potion Sickness? If so Alchemy is back in the mix with those wicked trinkets.

  2. #42

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilcoyote
    What do you think?
    He probably thinks that an actual answer would be more useful than a guess, however reasonable the guess might seem.

  3. #43

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Also on the wording of the craft, the enchanter one specifically says "Only the enchanter's rings can be enchanted" while the tailoring one is more generalized and says "You can only embroider your own cloak" but it's still beta and the wording may not be normalized yet. Anyway, I apologize for the big explosion back there, atleast i made someone laugh :

  4. #44

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    [*]Kill Command doesn't inflict instant damage anymore. It now gives the command to kill, increasing your pet's damage done from special attacks by 60%. Each special attack done by the pet reduces the damage bonus by 20%. Cooldown changed from 5 seconds to 2 minutes.
    makes me a sad panda

  5. #45

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    Also on the wording of the craft, the enchanter one specifically says "Only the enchanter's rings can be enchanted" while the tailoring one is more generalized and says "You can only embroider your own cloak" but it's still beta and the wording may not be normalized yet. Anyway, I apologize for the big explosion back there, atleast i made someone laugh :
    And made yourself look like an idiot.

  6. #46

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    Also on the wording of the craft, the enchanter one specifically says "Only the enchanter's rings can be enchanted" while the tailoring one is more generalized and says "You can only embroider your own cloak" but it's still beta and the wording may not be normalized yet. Anyway, I apologize for the big explosion back there, atleast i made someone laugh :
    Your own cloak, so either the crafter cannot trade the stuff.. cuz you can only do your own cloak. Or for some weird reason its tradeable. But then it would be usable by everyone and all twinks. So ye.. its gonna a crafter only thing.

  7. #47

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Wow a discussion that acctualy made me register just to weigh in on it. Below is an image I've made to illustrate my point, which is in a nutshell that:
    Embroidering is an enchant that the tailor applies directly to their cloak, in exactly the same way enchanters enchant their rings. This is completely different from Runic Spellthread where the tailor creates an item which is then used to apply the enchant.



    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31432
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27927
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=55769

    oh and the above links are where I sourced the screenshots from

    Edit: didn't realise the previous screeny looked a bit crap - linked a better looking one

  8. #48

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaria
    Your own cloak, so either the crafter cannot trade the stuff.. cuz you can only do your own cloak. Or for some weird reason its tradeable. But then it would be usable by everyone and all twinks. So ye.. its gonna a crafter only thing.
    notice that this is the spell, not the item itself which will have the requirements, the runic spellthread requires that the character enchating is at least 60, you could work around this by getting a BoE leggard and have your 60+ toon enchant it and then trade the legs to your twink. With this wording the enchant would make the cloak soulbound so you can't trade it to your twink or sell it on AH, etc.

  9. #49

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuig
    "Maim now interrupts the victim's spellcasting for 3 seconds."

    Like holy ****?! in cat form you can spam maim like every 3 seconds, maybe 4 sec. OP like hell.
    I guess you were thinking of Mangle when you said that. Often mixed up. As already stated above Maim is a Cat-only ability that requires Combo points and has a 10 second cooldown. I think the spellinterrupt is just a PvE extra, because all bosses are immune to that stun effect. In PvP it would make little sense because your target is already stunned from Maim and therefore interrupted. It only would be a PvP buff if it was not included in the diminishing return of Maim. So after thrid Maim on a target it no longer stuns but only interrupts casting for 3 seconds. That doesn't seem too powerfull to me.
    In PvE this would give Catdruids a Castinterrupt against bosses. But for a high price compared to rogues, shamans and mages. You have to spend all your current combo points and therefore lose a lot of damage potential. I think that is a fair way of giving Cats a decent interrupt in PvE without making rogues cry. They still remain the master spellbreakers as they are supposed to.

  10. #50

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Quote Originally Posted by Avagro
    Wow a discussion that acctualy made me register just to weigh in on it. Below is an image I've made to illustrate my point, which is in a nutshell that:
    Embroidering is an enchant that the tailor applies directly to their cloak, in exactly the same way enchanters enchant their rings. This is completely different from Runic Spellthread where the tailor creates an item which is then used to apply the enchant.



    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31432
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27927
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=55769

    oh and are where I sourced the screenshots from
    this spell creates the runic spellthread that casts this other spell and i dont see your point...

  11. #51

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    "your own cloak"
    What part of your own is so hard to understand then?
    Not a single item says that, except the enchanter ring spell. The conclusion seems fairly straightforward to most of us.


    Quote Originally Posted by ninjasuperspy
    Shining Spellthread Permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing spell power by 35 and Spirit by 12.
    Brilliant Spellthread Permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing spell power by 50 and Spirit by 20.
    Azure Spellthread Permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing spell power by 35 and Stamina by 20.
    Sapphire Spellthread Permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing spell power by 50 and Stamina by 30.
    If those are all the tailor leg enchants there are, then my earlier comment (about not getting a BoP enchant) would be relevant to the fact that the cloak enchant is the tailor's special thing.

    Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

  12. #52

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Quote Originally Posted by Avagro
    Wow a discussion that acctualy made me register just to weigh in on it. Below is an image I've made to illustrate my point, which is in a nutshell that:
    Embroidering is an enchant that the tailor applies directly to their cloak, in exactly the same way enchanters enchant their rings. This is completely different from Runic Spellthread where the tailor creates an item which is then used to apply the enchant.



    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31432
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27927
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=55769

    oh and the above links are where I sourced the screenshots from

    Edit: didn't realise the previous screeny looked a bit crap - linked a better looking one
    Right, exactly. And if you look at an enchant, say for instance Savagery, you'll see that the enchant creates nothing and has reagents. And if you look at Runic Spellthread, you'll see it has reagents and creates something. Finally, if you look at the Darkglow Embroidery, it has reagents and creates nothing. So it looks like it acts as an enchantment, requiring Rune thread.

    Again, a pity. I'd love to slap one of those on my paladin's cloak, but I'm not in the mood to level tailoring for a few little blivets.

  13. #53

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    All three of them are spells - the spells that you cast from your profession spell book

    the point is that only Runic Spellthread has an efect of creating an item, the other two cause permanent enchants. Again no item is created by the Embroidering spell.

  14. #54

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    this spell creates the runic spellthread that casts this other spell and i dont see your point...
    Shame the spell which adds the spellthread effect isn't trained by a proffesion whereas the Embroidery is, right?

  15. #55

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    What part of your own is so hard to understand then?
    Not a single item says that, except the enchanter ring spell. The conclusion seems fairly straightforward to most of us.
    Yes, this appears to be identically worded as many of these new gems slot blacksmithing plans.

  16. #56

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    what convinces me that this is a tailor only thing is that spell that are cast by items usually have a [?] on their icons while this one has a specific icon associated with it. So it's almost certain this is the tailor specific "bonus" or whatever it's called. The thing is why add a melee specific enchant to it? Wasn't blizzard agaisnt hordes of people going LW just for the drums to maximize raid DPS? Aren't melee classes going for enchating/tailor for pvp purposes now? Unless they plan to add "bonuses" just as good as this one for the other professions. Or are they planning on making tailoring viable to all classes? (lol)

  17. #57

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    what convinces me that this is a tailor only thing is that spell that are cast by items usually have a [?] on their icons while this one has a specific icon associated with it. So it's almost certain this is the tailor specific "bonus" or whatever it's called. The thing is why add a melee specific enchant to it? Wasn't blizzard agaisnt hordes of people going LW just for the drums to maximize raid DPS? Aren't melee classes going for enchating/tailor for pvp purposes now? Unless they plan to add "bonuses" just as good as this one for the other professions. Or are they planning on making tailoring viable to all classes? (lol)
    changin his story since he got pwned.

  18. #58

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    I'd have like to see the Tailor only craft going on belts, least that way you aren't going between the choice of the pre existing enchants or the new ones. However, with the reworking going on with Threat, maybe some things won't be needed as much. Afterall, BSing gets to put things on belts :P
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

    Water is Life

  19. #59
    Field Marshal anubra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    94

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Kill Command doesn't inflict instant damage anymore. It now gives the command to kill, increasing your pet's damage done from special attacks by 60%. Each special attack done by the pet reduces the damage bonus by 20%. Cooldown changed from 5 seconds to 2 minutes.
    wow what a nerf to BM's ... 2 min CD vor 60% / 40% / 20% more dmg for pet to specials nice done blizz >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I defend Sylvanas because I believe humanity is a waste, in game and IRL. A human life is NOT more important than that of a cat or dog or bird. It just isn't.

  20. #60

    Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

    Are people missing this,

    General
    Spell casting and spell channelling pushback has been changed to the following:
    When casting a spell:

    * The first and second hit will add .5 secs each to the cast time.
    * All hits after the second will have no effect.


    When channelling a spell:

    * The first and second hit reduces current duration by 25% of total duration each.
    * All hits after the second will have no effect.


    This is by far a bigger change, and more important than the rest of those changes combined. An unfortunate change at that, ohwell hopefully they keep m'uruing encounters and removing spell push back from random targeted abilities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •