Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

Wooyay, spell pushback changes... Now they just need to take the next step and remove it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by FailedCRC
    Wooyay, spell pushback changes... Now they just need to take the next step and remove it altogether.
    um, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    I didn't think it was possible to make Mana Shield even more worthless.
    Depends if they add a new rank that is..

This thread went way too long on one topic.

Anyone know if the Herbalism heal is effected by spell power?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffemming
    This thread went way too long on one topic.

Anyone know if the Herbalism heal is effected by spell power?
    according to the other thread here it's not.
    It also increases your herbalism spell when using it and its effectivness increases with your herbalism skill, healing 2k dmg at max skill.
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

I wonder if this spell pushback change affects Steady Shot as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Vaughn
    according to the other thread here it's not.
    It also increases your herbalism spell when using it and its effectivness increases with your herbalism skill, healing 2k dmg at max skill.
    Seems pretty useless.

Seems pretty useless.
    only to a healer, pretty handy for non-healer herbalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    I didn't think it was possible to make Mana Shield even more worthless.
    Mmh.. isn't it an improvement over TBC (2MP per dmg untalented)?

It should have changed at the start of TBC, when STA values were halved (and the relative value of mana doubled) to 1 to 1. That change is also partially responsible for Lock reported OPness.

Anyway Blizz and logic.. aah, well, someone should introduce them someday

Quote Originally Posted by zushiba
    Anyone else find Swordguard Embroidery a little dumb?

The only situation I can think of it ever being used is a druid who went Tailoring so as to gain access to some healing cloth gear maybe? And decided instead to go Feral and wanted to ignore armor...
    An idea? What about warlocks in demon form?

Quote Originally Posted by f3rmi
    An idea? What about warlocks in demon form?
    they dont melee, they still have casts afaik

Seems pretty useless.
    for me as a rogue it's pretty nice, for instance soloing or something. and remember, only one potion every boss fight, it's not THAT useless. nothing special though, but I'd prefer it over crit and stamina.
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

Seems pretty useless.
    I would be annoyed if it scaled with +healing. Non-healing classes would get unfairly punished for not having +healing. As a hunter I can't even use +healing but a +2000 mana free instant heal every 5 mins could save my life in many situations.

I wonder if it is castable on other players/pets? Self only limits it a bit but if you can cast it on a pet that becomes pretty significant. Gift + Mend + herbalism heal would make your pet pretty damn good for killing stuff you probably shouldn't be killing (equal level silver elites, or off tanking in instances).

It helps in PvP too.

Granted, I would like +crit or +stam over a 2000 heal but seeing as how I will remain an herbalist I can't complain. It could have been something stupid like +70 spirit or +250 to healing spells which would have /point laugh at all rogue/warrior/hunter herbalists.

---

Spell pushback. Sigh. In PvP that was the one thing hunters had going for them. A pet beating on a caster and shooting them to prevent a heal from going off or a nuke from firing. Of all the classes, hunters are punished the most by this change because we lack a base spell interrupt. You have to spec MM to get scatter or silencing. If you are heavy beast or survival you get to enjoy seeing the heals land.

Hi this is Eldacar of boulderfist I play on the lich king beta realm, and hit 450 smithing last night. I wanted to let everyone know the details on the new sockets made by blacksmiths. The bracer and glove sockets are not tradeable bs only and both add uncolored sockets that accept any color gem, they will add the socket even if the item already has a socket. The tradeable epic belt socket titanium belt buckle is bugged and not working but it's safe to assume it will add an uncolored socket as well.
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Asmordean
    Spell pushback. Sigh. In PvP that was the one thing hunters had going for them. A pet beating on a caster and shooting them to prevent a heal from going off or a nuke from firing. Of all the classes, hunters are punished the most by this change because we lack a base spell interrupt. You have to spec MM to get scatter or silencing. If you are heavy beast or survival you get to enjoy seeing the heals land.
    So do warriors in Battle Stance, that's just going to have to be a problem you work around. As MM I get poked and prodded on forums to switch to BM to raid. So I'll turn the tables and say "QQ moar, spec MM".

Secondly, using interrupts like that is almost like stun-locking people as a rogue. Keep in mind this is a game where your enjoyment doesn't follow solely around your own experience. I recall the push-back on my own mage and little is more frustrating than being unable to cast at all... not because of any special ability... but merely because of simple auto-attack.

Don't like it that your enemies can actually fight back now?

Ha.

Hahaha.

riiiiight.. so now I'm supposed to use shield wall as much as I can or something?
    what happened to the idea of panic button... I take it no one ever really tanks in the dev team or what

I'll rather become a dps newbie now with that constant recklessness.....
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Quote Originally Posted by velourea
    riiiiight.. so now I'm supposed to use shield wall as much as I can or something?
    what happened to the idea of panic button... I take it no one ever really tanks in the dev team or what

I'll rather become a dps newbie now with that constant recklessness.....
    Complainin about buffs, I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar
    The bracer and glove sockets are not tradeable bs only and both add uncolored sockets that accept any color gem,
    Erm, what the difference if socket is colored or not? You can put any gem you want in it anyway, you just won't get socket bonus if gem doesn't match socket color. Anyway thx for info.

EDIT: Btw. do you know how is socketing of weapon working? Is it like socketing belt (by creating item that you can give to someone) or is it like socketing bracer and gloves? I just wonder if i'll be able to add socket to my weapon with my alt.

Wonder if cloak enchants stack with stuff like 2% less threat 10 spirit enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Wonder if cloak enchants stack with stuff like 2% less threat 10 spirit enchants.
    Don't see why they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopr Serial
    Complainin about buffs, I like it!
    75% damage reduction lowered to 50% is a nerf, even if you get to use it more often. When you are facing a hard enrage timer on a boss or some other boss ability that will instagib you without that 75% reduction, this is a significant nerf that might now cause a wipe instead of you being able to squeak out a win.