Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

Quote Originally Posted by Nevbo
    This is why they took interupts off the global cooldown so you dont have to messup your rotation to stop a spell cast.

But its also a fair change to spell casters.

No more being a frost mage or Ele shaman trying to cast a frost bolt or lightning bolt and even know it should be 2 seconds it takes 6+ seconds just to cast because your getting hit. Its worse than a stunlock because you cannot do anything about it.

If melee's are getting hit they can still melee so why is it if spellcasters are getting hit they cant cast at all?

The ONLY problem I see for this atm tho is not offensive spell casters but defensive ones like healers.

Unless you got enough ways to stop spell casting they will beable to just sit there and heal themselves the whole time.... Tho, once they are out of mana they are cake, but with the new spirit changes lol even a out of mana healer will beable to heal again in a few seconds.
    If only the "can still melee" could mean "do the same problem you'll do when your heal/damage spell finally lands"... because a Ret paladin auto-attacking is something so... lol... the only ones I can see having any chance against ubber heals and ubber damage spells would be fast hittings like rogues or hunters (ranged).

And looks like elem shamans will be able to throw everyone away from them... lol at that + new spell pushback.

This out of mana healer healing in a few seconds alread happens today, they will only happen more with other healing classes. Tired of seeing a ret paladin or arms warrior loosing to druids without mana and close to death, that somehow can heal himself with a little bit of mana to almost full again while the ret pally wasted all his mana trying to finish the druid or the warrior waiting for rage to do something with his slow attacks. The warrior maybe can do a comeback at that, but the poor ret paladin auto-attacking... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ahura
    Loving the spell pushback changes. About goddamn time! No more 10 second Fears and 0.1 second drains...

Seriously, this might very well be one of the more important changes in PvP and its whole dynamics. Combined with the usual 70% interrupt resistance talents, this change will significantly level the playing field between casters and melee.
    Level? Guess not. Unless armor reduces magical damage too or they remove all armor from cloth/leather (and other physical damage mitigation abilities from casters, be it pure mitigation or free chance on get hit to slow attacker and all), almost imunity to interrupt that some casters have with talents (not to mention increased casting time or less heal for those damn fast heals), and fear should not be spamable then since they won't break from dots (that also does insane dmg while that happens) and damage from others whiles the melee verison normally breaks from ANY damage and have longer cooldowns.

Also you can't punish every melee 'cause of the rogues.

And btw, makes sense that a spellcaster should be pwned in melee combat the same way melee get pwned by spellcasters when they can't get melee range and take full damage fast blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisu
    New spell pushback is kinda worrying me. While playing a rogue I have no problem with interrupting most damaging spells. The only problem is/was with healers, especially palas and shammys - now the problem will grow. That was from a rogue pov, but what will say fe. retri palas, who have no interrupt skills? (HoJ and Rep are just too long CDs to be considered as a real interrupts). Runing around a "mage/lock/all other" who 3-hits you with 3k bolt and you cant do a shit ?
    I know it will be redone probably hundreds of time till WoTLK release but still sounds a little OP...
    Arcane shot change - finally.
    And...
    Give Rogue info, Blizz!
    Yeah... because the healing landing means doing everything again to bring him down again, while they did only one move to get back, you probably wasted some CDs and huge attacks to try kill him.

All that while you probably won't be shiny and new waiting for a luck crit burst/combo or the healer going OOM. You'll be getting pwned by others or even the healer himself with DoTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Froppy
    5) That's the point... make the guy who's hugging you pay for it a lot more than they are now. Basically, now (in PVP) hunters are just hugged once the pet is dead. If there is a dispeller or freedom the hunter is completely shut down. Why should the class that can use almost every melee weapon and is supposed to be a master of them not be able to do shit with them? I like this thought process.
    You're talking about warriors or hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by Newor
    And btw, makes sense that a spellcaster should be pwned in melee combat the same way melee get pwned by spellcasters when they can't get melee range and take full damage fast blows.
    How do warlocks kite rogues and warriors exactly? Answers on a postcard please.

The pushback change makes sense. Speaking in relative terms, noncasters have hugely increased their capability to land interrupts or to continue using abilities while still threatening an interrupt through the Kick/Pummel/Shield Bash change. Therefore, casters should receive a bonus to spellcasting in between interrupts.

From a game-balancing perspective, I think the change was a far-sighted move. Forcing casters to overwhelmingly favor instants over cast-time spells would only be viable if WoW was a pure PvP game. When doing PvP balancing vs PvE balancing, it would be a lot easier if the relative values of mobility in each aspect did not differ hugely. Having to balance casters around only using instants would lead to enormous headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    /sigh

Swordguard Embroidery
    Embroiders a magical pattern into your cloak, causing your damaging melee attacks to sometimes ignore 1000 of your target's armor.
    You can only embroider your own cloak and embroidering your cloak will cause it to become soulbound.

Now tell me, where is "Bind of Pickup" written in it? WHERE?

edit: to avoid further confusion

Tailor A creates [Swordguard Embroidery]
    Rogue A opens trade with Tailor A
    Tailor A puts [Swordguard Embroidery] on trade window and accepts
    Rogue A also accepts
    Rogue A uses [Swordguard Embroidery] on cloak
    ???
    Profit

Wow other than earning yourself forum posts you really did end up with the shortest straw eh... You should be given a "fail medal" :P and then trying to change the subject further in the thread. We should sticky this thread for "epic fail" ;D

With the Enrage, Frenzy, etc changes, does that mean that the 4x damage of Bloodbath will change to affect Frenzy now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudz
    Wow other than earning yourself forum posts you really did end up with the shortest straw eh... You should be given a "fail medal" :P and then trying to change the subject further in the thread. We should sticky this thread for "epic fail" ;D
    Wow, you guys like ganging up on Mike, but he was right...

Tranquilizing Shot has been changed to dispel Enrage effects, and the wording on all those spells and associated emotes has been changed to reflect the name change to Enrage.

I dont agree with this, not one bit.

Having a warrior as my main for 2 years. I think this is making hunters OP, yet, once again.

Sigh

Warriors get no love from blizzard.

Back to playing my 70 pvp mage.

Quote Originally Posted by zhayla

Warriors get no love from blizzard.

ahahahhahaha

so given the new pushback of 25% for each channeled spell, does this mean a warlock is guaranteed 3 ticks of drain life/mana each time he casts it short of spell interrupt?

to me that seems op. the same is true of healers, where pushback was necessary for warriors/enh shams/retadins/hunters to occupy the time between interrupts, since we do not have 10 interrupts as rogues do.

i also see this being an issue when multiple melee or dual wield melee are on a healer. if you get 2 quick hits early in the cast, if may interrupt a maximum of 0.2-0.4 second and not the full 1 second maximum under the current changes. allowing dps or even healers to free cast will tip the balance more in their favor, although given how easy melee has had it at 70 i suppose it was a long time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by disklol

ahahahhahaha
    What are you loughing about noob!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    /sigh

Swordguard Embroidery
    Embroiders a magical pattern into your cloak, causing your damaging melee attacks to sometimes ignore 1000 of your target's armor.
    You can only embroider your own cloak and embroidering your cloak will cause it to become soulbound.

Now tell me, where is "Bind of Pickup" written in it? WHERE?

edit: to avoid further confusion

Tailor A creates [Swordguard Embroidery]
    Rogue A opens trade with Tailor A
    Tailor A puts [Swordguard Embroidery] on trade window and accepts
    Rogue A also accepts
    Rogue A uses [Swordguard Embroidery] on cloak
    ???
    Profit

Wow, even after you edit, you still dont get it.

Unless you're saying Rogue A gives Tailor A a BOE cloak, then yeah. But the cloak will BOP to Tailor A. If you're saying you want to do it like Enchanting... then no, not going to happen.

It said, "YOUR OWN CLOAK" and if your understanding of these 3 words is what you wrote, hell, I'd be rolling in tons of gold right now from enchanting rings for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirilmkd
    What are you loughing about noob!!!
    ^^ (i fukken hope you don't mean that serious)
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Newor
    Level? Guess not. Unless armor reduces magical damage too or they remove all armor from cloth/leather (and other physical damage mitigation abilities from casters, be it pure mitigation or free chance on get hit to slow attacker and all), almost imunity to interrupt that some casters have with talents (not to mention increased casting time or less heal for those damn fast heals), and fear should not be spamable then since they won't break from dots (that also does insane dmg while that happens) and damage from others whiles the melee verison normally breaks from ANY damage and have longer cooldowns.

Also you can't punish every melee 'cause of the rogues.

Thats so called bullshit, sir! Spellbushback is outdated mechanic that was added time before arenas shadowsteps ect. And melee dmg is higher than comparable spell dps when they get to bash their target. Also to your armor argument im fine with it as soon every melee class gets blue bar as well so they know how does it feel to not be able to continue forever.