Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    replace dispersion for...

    for Vampiric Tendencies: Reduces cool down of Vampiric Embrace by 5 Seconds and the cast time of Vampiric Touch by 1.5 seconds. In addition the mana restored by Vampiric Touch is increased by 10% for the priest.

    to be honest i think dispersion is a lame talent, especially at 51 points under. in raiding, sure i could see that it would be okay. getting mana back is always nice, but its a lazy way of fixing and easily fixed issue. i don't see this becoming very useful in PvP. you can't cast for 6 seconds? but you get some mana and hp back... so we get targeted like always in the beginning of arena or focused in a bg, so we have 6 seconds of easy swimming before we die? it doesn't solve any problems.

    My idea brings great usefulness to PvP as well as PvE. I think the VE buff is greatly needed. it gets dispelled and resisted to often to make a lasting effect.

    Please post back on what you all think of my idea. and any draw back you may see.

  2. #2

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    6 seconds is forever in pvp and i dont think we gonna run in manaproblems in raids in wotlk. Basicly we wouldnt get anything else from the talent you suggested than 6 seconds of dps time in very long endurance encounters. And for pvp you surely will get trained even worse without dispersion only difference would be you got VT off when you had 2 rogues on your ass, yet you would be dead anyways.

  3. #3

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    I agree... dispersion is a far better talent PvP & PvE than the one you suggest. I think when you get to play with dispersion you may come to like it a bit more... it's a pretty nice cheat death and that talent alone wins arena matches imo.

  4. #4

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    I'm thinking of something like this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

    I really don't want to sink a point into 7 second cool down chain heal, but I feel like I should.

  5. #5

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    except cheat doesnt heal you 36% of you health =p

    way better than cheat death haha i'm an excited shadowpriest.

  6. #6

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    Homosexual Tendencies: All those years of wearing dresses all makes sense now. Every male group member (especially gnomes) boosts your spirit by 10%
    >:7

    Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

  7. #7

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv
    Homosexual Tendencies: All those years of wearing dresses all makes sense now. Every male group member (especially gnomes) boosts your spirit by 10%
    +1

    but some aoe would be apreciated

  8. #8
    Warchief Statix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,001

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    Anyone saying Dispersion is lame should read my other posts in other threads. Dispersion is the ultimate ability. Cloak of Shadows + Evocation + Rejuvenation.

    You will be able to survive 150k attacks at level 80 because you will probably have more than 15k health. And in the proces, you gain 5400 health again. Really, what are you people whining about? A whole AV raid can damage you and you can survive for crying out loud!

    Edit to Joyu: Spec Holy and you have Holy Nova or reroll to Mage or Warlock. Shadowpriets passively heal and replenish mana to all raid members, do you really think your damage is going to be increased and that you get AoE abiltities? A raid would no longer need any other class, just a Tank, a Healer and 8/23/38 Shadowpriests. They can AoE, take 150k damage if they over aggro, Fear, Silence, passively heal and replenish mana... I don't think so!

    I can't stand people saying Dispersion is crap. As a Mage I would welcome such an ability with open arms.
    Statix will suffice.

  9. #9

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    Dispersion is a pretty damn lackluster PvE 51 point. If there was another talent available to put that last point into i would probably skip it altogether. No doubt it is very nice for PvP but if i actually cared about PvP in the least i would spec disc.

    As far as i can tell we still need a lot of help at this point to keep our raid lot. With warlocks dropping shadow for fire and VT being nerfed at the same time as 3 other classes are getting mana returns, one of them that is actually quite close to our mana regen, the question will become whether or not 5% spell damage is worth our raid slot.

    If our talents don't change i'm thinking this will be the best spec to do as much damage as we can while maintaining great party mana regen
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunt...00000000000000

  10. #10
    Warchief Statix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,001

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    Not useful in Arena matches? If you're always the first target and all enemies start attacking you right away, doesn't activating Dispersion at that time give your team a huge advantage? All enemies damaging you, while you only take 10% of the damage gives your teammates the chance to kill one of them! Not not mention that all the damage done will probably be less than 36% so, after Dispersion wares of, you will probably still have 100% health.
    Statix will suffice.

  11. #11

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    Quote Originally Posted by katholas
    As far as i can tell we still need a lot of help at this point to keep our raid lot. With warlocks dropping shadow for fire and VT being nerfed at the same time as 3 other classes are getting mana returns, one of them that is actually quite close to our mana regen, the question will become whether or not 5% spell damage is worth our raid slot.
    I did see a Blizzard post earlier today saying that they might make VT raid wide
    >:7

    Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

  12. #12

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    Even still we cant match mana regen frost mage brings with water elemental. And we certainly cant match the dps frost mage brings.

  13. #13
    Warchief Statix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,001

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Even still we cant match mana regen frost mage brings with water elemental. And we certainly cant match the dps frost mage brings.
    And Frostmages can certaintly not match your healing because of Vampiric Embrace... Infact, they have none at all.
    Statix will suffice.

  14. #14

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    Quote Originally Posted by Statix
    Anyone saying Dispersion is lame should read my other posts in other threads. Dispersion is the ultimate ability. Cloak of Shadows + Evocation + Rejuvenation.

    [...]

    I can't stand people saying Dispersion is crap. As a Mage I would welcome such an ability with open arms.
    Actually you pretty much pointed out a flaw in it yourself. Cloak of Shadows.
    It doesn't remove all harmful spell effects and give you 90% spell resistance for the duration (like CloS does), which allows people to DoT you with everything they got and mana burn your ass, while you can do nothing to counter it besides running around and screaming like a demented kid on Ventrilo.
    Six seconds later when you finished looking cool and shadowy, the clock starts ticking.. "How fast will all these Debuffs kill me? Well there's so many that they can't fit in my UI.. so I bet they don't work!"
    Along comes the fact that the tooltip says nothing about dispellability.

    Anyway, we'll have to test it ourselves before we can say for sure. At the moment I can only see this as a counter to a timed burst on the Shadow Priest though - i.e. 'absorbing' a PoMpyro.

  15. #15
    Warchief Statix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,001

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    Actually you pretty much pointed out a flaw in it yourself. Cloak of Shadows.
    It doesn't remove all harmful spell effects and give you 90% spell resistance for the duration (like CloS does), which allows people to DoT you with everything they got and mana burn your ass, while you can do nothing to counter it besides running around and screaming like a demented kid on Ventrilo.
    Six seconds later when you finished looking cool and shadowy, the clock starts ticking.. "How fast will all these Debuffs kill me? Well there's so many that they can't fit in my UI.. so I bet they don't work!"
    Along comes the fact that the tooltip says nothing about dispellability.

    Anyway, we'll have to test it ourselves before we can say for sure. At the moment I can only see this as a counter to a timed burst on the Shadow Priest though - i.e. 'absorbing' a PoMpyro.
    Oke, fair enough. But Mana Burn, will that work if it's 90% damage reduction? Won't the amount of mana burned be less? Even if you get Mana Burned, you gain 6% of your total mana every second for 6 seconds. And then DoTs, while is Dispersion, those DoTs will practically do no damage and you get healed for 36% of your health. Sure you'll have those DoTs on you when you come out of it, but you'll have 36% more health and mana to counter it.

    What if you cast Renew and summon your Shadowfiend just before you activate Dispersion? Add the healing from Vampiric Embrace (But you can't attack while in Dispersion; Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch deal damage) and replenishing mana from Vampiric Touch to that. How much health and mana will you have gained in the end?

    Cloak of Shadows gives you a 90% chance to resist all spells, yes. But they can still be hit by a PoM Pyro for 6k. While in Dispersions, it doesn't matter how much damage is dealt to you, it will always be only 10% you actually receive. Like I said, an entire AV raid can damage you and you can survive it.

    PS. You started about DoTs, in other words, Warlocks. How about this for Shadowpriest versus Warlock: Warlocks are getting Shadow Ward, which absorbs 3300 Shadow damage. Do you think you would stand a chance against that if you didn't have Dispersion, but a lame talent that increases the amount of health and mana you gain from Vampiric Embrace and Vampiric Touch? Dispersion gives you that extra time you need to take out your opponents.
    Statix will suffice.

  16. #16

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    If only Priests could find a way to dispel the DOTS... oh hang on, they have this spell called dispel... and dots ticking on you while dispersion is active (and thus can't cast) do SFA damage.

    In addition while dispersion is active, you can be healed by other people... not only do you provide 36% healing to yourself I think most healers would be able to contribute useful healing inside the time frame of 6 seconds, call me crazy.

    As for a PvE talent... I sure wouldn't mind dispersion when Illidan targets me with dark barrage, how about if I get agonizing flames, the last ticks usually kill me. I think it would be pretty useful if you got a Brutallus burn for the last 6 seconds. Eredar twins conflag? Sorry, there are plenty of PvE situations where non tanks take significant damage and any ability to help survive those events are damn useful.

    Again, this is a case of people being unable to objectively look at their own class because they have expectations their class should have abilities that are beyond the power curve of rival classes.

  17. #17

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    Quote Originally Posted by Statix
    Oke, fair enough. But Mana Burn, will that work if it's 90% damage reduction? Won't the amount of mana burned be less? Even if you get Mana Burned, you gain 6% of your total mana every second for 6 seconds. And then DoTs, while is Dispersion, those DoTs will practically do no damage and you get healed for 36% of your health. Sure you'll have those DoTs on you when you come out of it, but you'll have 36% more health and mana to counter it.

    What if you cast Renew and summon your Shadowfiend just before you activate Dispersion? Add the healing from Vampiric Embrace (But you can't attack while in Dispersion; Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch deal damage) and replenishing mana from Vampiric Touch to that. How much health and mana will you have gained in the end?

    Cloak of Shadows gives you a 90% chance to resist all spells, yes. But they can still be hit by a PoM Pyro for 6k. While in Dispersions, it doesn't matter how much damage is dealt to you, it will always be only 10% you actually receive. Like I said, an entire AV raid can damage you and you can survive it.

    PS. You started about DoTs, in other words, Warlocks. How about this for Shadowpriest versus Warlock: Warlocks are getting Shadow Ward, which absorbs 3300 Shadow damage. Do you think you would stand a chance against that if you didn't have Dispersion, but a lame talent that increases the amount of health and mana you gain from Vampiric Embrace and Vampiric Touch? Dispersion gives you that extra time you need to take out your opponents.
    Well I never said it was crap. I merely think it could use a little tweaking like a speed bonus or something .. I don't know, I'll leave that to the devs
    Just seems so pacifying when you can only move around when activating this. Especially when you have hamstring, concussive shot, frostbolt, frost nova, blast wave, crippling poison, entangling roots, etc. etc. etc.

    Regarding the above comment: Sure you can dispel yourself, but with the upcoming Affliction/SL spec, you won't be able to do that in a lot of situations because of UA.

    I even forgot to mention that the healing done by dispersion will usually be cut in half or completely negated by either:
    a. Aimed Shot (Hunters)
    b. Wound Poison (Rogues)
    c. Mortal Strike (Warriors)
    d. Cyclone (Druids)


    Even worse is that I think Cyclone counters the mana regen in Dispersion too, rendering it completely useless vs. a druid ^^
    But then again .. you hardly see any druids, rogues or warriors in arena nowadays, do you? ;p

  18. #18

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    If I could cast dispersion on an enemy target I would like it. in 2v2, meet a caster on 100%. cast dispersion, silenced for 6 sec, now its just a self-healing silence, reduced by mortal strike.

    WTB 45 sec with full health and casting. *looks at locks*

  19. #19

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    demonform looks kind a gimp itself... if you cant swap out of demon form that thing will be utter crap. Even if you can remove it from yourself it wont still be that good.

  20. #20

    Re: replace dispersion for...

    Quote Originally Posted by Statix
    Anyone saying Dispersion is lame should read my other posts in other threads. Dispersion is the ultimate ability. Cloak of Shadows + Evocation + Rejuvenation.

    You will be able to survive 150k attacks at level 80 because you will probably have more than 15k health. And in the proces, you gain 5400 health again. Really, what are you people whining about? A whole AV raid can damage you and you can survive for crying out loud!

    Edit to Joyu: Spec Holy and you have Holy Nova or reroll to Mage or Warlock. Shadowpriets passively heal and replenish mana to all raid members, do you really think your damage is going to be increased and that you get AoE abiltities? A raid would no longer need any other class, just a Tank, a Healer and 8/23/38 Shadowpriests. They can AoE, take 150k damage if they over aggro, Fear, Silence, passively heal and replenish mana... I don't think so!

    I can't stand people saying Dispersion is crap. As a Mage I would welcome such an ability with open arms.
    well you went over the top with those things and you dont know anything about pve and changes there clearly but i gotta agree with you dispersion aint the reason we shadowpriests need to QQ maybe not the best in game but surely better what most classes got apart from what mages and afflocks and hunters got.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •