Thread: Gaurdian spirit

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Nogi

Gaurdian spirit

Well for me its abit of a dissapointment from the 51 holy points talent.
    Seems like a gimik talent, 3 min CD - kinda long for a pve talent, isn't really a heal unless it prevents the killing blow.

So, checking out on other classes envying ofc from gaining "priests" abilities and losing the uniqness of priest class (as u see long QQ's from me on holy tree). Started to think what talent will possiable make me feel better with holy tree and using it (and not just going disc MT healing without empowered healing).
    Ofc "Holy Form" would always be imba but i doubt that will happen. So was thinking of "Improved Spirit of redemption" which will require the priest to take spirit of redemption and lightwell (player should start leanring how to click it and lightwell's size was increased to make it easier to click, the change of 30% hp can actually make lightwell really useful).
    Improved spirit of repemption (2 points) - increases the duration of your spirit of redemption by 5/10 secs, while in spirit of redemption your healing is increased by 15/30% and increasing your haste by 15/30%, gives you a 5/10% chance to Resurrect with 30%/60% health and mana.

Since other healer classes buff the raid in additional to now having ability to heal 1 target or raid properly, and a holy priest doesn't really buff much the raid - i think a ability like this will "even" things up.

Since i don't have access to the US beta forums, i will send this a suggestion, ofc if someone will put here a really pro suggestion as well i will add it to the suggestion. I was already told that the whole talents of many tree's aren't completed yet, and there is much more work to do, yet if i have a chance to get a talent or an ability i want - how great will that be?

Re: Gaurdian spirit

I'm pretty sure Blizz was trying to make it so EVERY priest that wanted to heal & pvp wanna disc, maybe to shake things up a bit. I really like the talent, not love, just like.
    It should be a kick =p

I agree, Guardian Spirit is a bit disappointing. I might try it out but I think I will stay IMP Spirit which still seems a lot more helpful.

It doesn't seem to bad its like a 10 sec soul stone for your tank and the increase in healing is not bad ether. its like a ohS%$# button for holy priest.

they should at least take it off from GCD. Would make it more viable if your tank gets a suprise burst from somewhere.

It will be interesting how this move plays out in PvE and PvP. I think it has pretty good potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    I agree, Guardian Spirit is a bit disappointing. I might try it out but I think I will stay IMP Spirit which still seems a lot more helpful.
    and yea i agree this spec will be more helpful PvE raid wise.

it could be a life-saver on those bosses that focus fire you (eg bloodboil in bt, vael in bwl etc. )
    It's just a game.

Priests are the best god damn PvE healers in world of warcraft.

What the hell are you complaining about ?

25 man raids bring AT MINIMUM 4 priest to each raid. This will not change in WoTLK.

You want your class to be overpowered beyond belief, go play on a private server.

*sigh*
    I suppose Priest is the only class where qq is not allowed :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Happozai

25 man raids bring AT MINIMUM 4 priest to each raid. This will not change in WoTLK.

You want your class to be overpowered beyond belief, go play on a private server.
    Priest are definately not the overall BEST raid healers by far. Any healer (resto druid, resto shaman, holy pala, etc.) depending on how they play their class can be just as good if not better.

15+ Year Old Account

I smell troll.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Irstr
    Priest are definately not the overall BEST raid healers by far. Any healer (resto druid, resto shaman, holy pala, etc.) depending on how they play their class can be just as good if not better.
    I personally top pretty much every meter, surprisingly, even tho I'm not full holy speced. Healing is all bout skills and timing. That's why I love it so much ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    I personally top pretty much every meter, surprisingly, even tho I'm not full holy speced. Healing is all bout skills and timing. That's why I love it so much ;D
    Yeah, i'm not saying that priests aren't amazing healers. I'm just saying that they aren't good enough to be concidered too OP compared to other classes in raids.

1) Priests are the most versatile raid healers
    2) Priests have the widest array of types of heals.
    3) Priests can effectively be both the best MT healer, or best Raid group healers.
    4) Priests are mobile healers
    5) Priests are incredibly mana efficient healers

25 man raid.
    Resto Druid: 0 - 1
    Resto Shaman: 2-3
    Priest: 3-5
    Holy Paladin: 1-2

Once again, Priests are the best PvE healers in game, and will remain so. Don't state otherwise because you are: A) Wrong, B) Misinformed.

3) Priests can effectively be both the best MT healer, or best Raid group healers.

25 man raid.

Once again, Priests are the best PvE healers in game, and will remain so. Don't state otherwise because you are: A) Wrong, B) Misinformed.
    Come woltk this will all change and my guild takes 1-3 holy priests per raid and we are in sunwell and do just fine we take 2-3 pala's 1-2 druids 1-3 holy priests 4-5 shamans

Yeah, i'm not saying that priests aren't amazing healers. I'm just saying that they aren't good enough to be concidered too OP compared to other classes in raids.
    agree on that, sir

Nogi

25 man raid.

I am glad that all responded really, and really glad that you noticed that priest is the most unique healing class since he is so versatility.
    Yet, may i set your attention - i am not talking about tbc.
    about rh 4-5 holy priest in raid, check end gaming guild its more like 1-3, but each raid and their setup. thing is, check the other classes changes. Holy Priest wouldn't stay the "best" healer, since ALL healer classes get their abilities to regen, aoe heal, and even single target heal better then a priest. Since i have checked this on the beta with my priest, and also checked a resto shaman and a holy paladin - the fact is - Holy PVE raiding priest has been nerfed, all other healer classes have gotten the priest abilities or atleast some - yet the other classes don't wear cloth and acctually buff the raid (much more then stamina/spirit which you can easily do by shadowpriest/outside buffer).
    I find it very hard to see why to take a "prevent killing blow" which most will probably not press on time, to use as a gimik ("i'm a priest i'm pro i prevent death i'm so powerfull"), yet instead of comparing encounters let me say: i can't remember any sunwell encounter where i would've needed that. burst on tanks -i'd rather outheal it, i doubt blizz will make a encounter that the burst will be so insane you couldn't heal it and you will HAVE to get a gaurdian spirit priest.

For ppl who don't know other classes specc can go to the wotlk talents and read, writing comment refering to tbc when its a wotlk talent is kinda stupid. After all, alot of encounters are simmilar - yet you can't know what kind or raiding encounters and abilities there will be - gaurdian spirit is definatly NOT a talent you ned for tbc - yet we aren't talking about tbc but wotlk.

25 man raid.

I'll mostly agree to that, but Resto Druid figures are more in line with Paladin, if not higher considering Holy Paladins can't really be stacked past two, but I guess Druids are the same.

Overall as a Paladin I'll agree that Priests are, and should be the best healing class in the game, compared with the three other healing classes they offer less raid/party buffs and general utility.

Personally I think this new ability is great, and it will make raiding interesting... I mean... Giving the tank another life while keeping all this aggro? I can see raids forcing Priests to pick this up on certain encounters, and it adds well to the large range of healing abilities Priests have.

With that said, I do think it sad that the best healing class in the game is crying about a game changing skill while Holy Paladins didn't receive any of the new heals it should have gotten considering we didn't get anything in TBC, mainly just fixes that we should of had in TBC, one new base "heal" that is mostly useless for any serious healing and a 51 point talent that can't even be compared to the AoE heals of Priests/Shamans and the AoE heal Druids will receive. These (fixes and the two new spells) of course not increasing our overall viability as a healer by much at all.

I'm in beta and tried this spell out today. It is definitely an oh sh*t button. It prevented wipes more than once. No, I didn't always use it on the tank. It just depended on who looked to be taking the most damage, at the time. It allowed me to throw it on that person and still let me heal the group, without losing anyone. Would I like to see a shorter cd? Sure. I think 3 minutes is a bit long, I could live with a 2 minute cooldown. 1 minute cd would be ideal. It wouldn't be so OP with a minute cd. If it's left at a 3 min cd, it would only be reserved for tanks. However, if someone should, god forbid, pull aggro, it could be used to save them and any potential dps/healing they could provide. With the 3 min cd, I don't see that happening. Even with more than 1 holy preist, that spell would only be used on tanks, no one else.

While I think this is a good spell, it's not a great spell. I don't see this as 51 pt talent worthy. Either move it up or make it trainable and give us a better 51 pt talent. Currently, it does feel a bit gimmicky. Right now it feels more like a " ooh... shiny new toy....must play with it" than an actual tool in a holy priest's arsenal. I've only been in Utgarde Keep, so I can't say about any of the higher encounters. Maybe it will be better used later on. We'll have to see. /shrug.

Nogi

I did the nexus, with penance it was amazing and really easy (well wasn't hard in general). with gaurdian spirit specc - didn't need to use it once - didn't get to a point someone was low.
    also went to UK as a resto shaman - spirit link which is resto shaman 51 talent - i used it all the time it really helped alot, very usable in 5M and huge potential in 25M (had a Blood DK in the group so linked it to him).

i just really think a priest can get something much more benifical then gaurdian spirit. shamans have astral awakening not as their 51 talent, gaurdian spirit should be at the same lvl (maybe replace lolwell :-* )