Thread: Gaurdian spirit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Gaurdian spirit

Seems to me to be a pvp talent, or possibly supposed to be a Natures swiftness lookalike.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Where this ability will really shine will be bosses with soft enrages (or as Blizzard is calling them now, "Frenzy" effects). For example, Dragonhawk in ZA. At 35% (I think) he has a soft enrage, and starts hitting faster and harder. Use Gspirit right when the soft enrage starts, and it makes the transition into the final bit much smoother and easier. Rather than the tank having to hit shield wall because the healers wern't quite ready, he coasts along just fine with heals hitting him much harder.

It isn't a mindless ability, but it has excellent situational use. During bloodboil it would also be good for when he goes on a mage, as they tend to almost always die when he goes on them.

Granted, these are TBC bosses, and WOTLK bosses will be different. But Blizzard often re-uses fight mechanics, although usually in a slightly different form.

Nogi

i doubt that the 25 end game encounters will be any thing like za. and as i said just 3 posts above, not talking about lame use of it in tbc, or how you can use it.

but if its worth having it on 51 talent point.

hai

Guardian Spirit is kind of nice if you look past the whole killing blow thing (which is kinda useful for those mage jumping in to aoe, tank getting stomped by giant pitlord moments)

lets look at the increases healing by 40% part which is kind of what i use it for on the beta, tank taking loads of damage? ( mages shouldnt tank 5 man elites that charge >_> bloody gnomes) slap this sexy buff on them and voila my renews tick for 3k! my flash heals hit for 6k o rly im liking this!

its all healing aswell rolling lifeblooms +40% anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Happozai
    1) Priests are the most versatile raid healers
    2) Priests have the widest array of types of heals.
    3) Priests can effectively be both the best MT healer, or best Raid group healers.
    4) Priests are mobile healers
    5) Priests are incredibly mana efficient healers

25 man raid.
    Resto Druid: 0 - 1
    Resto Shaman: 2-3
    Priest: 3-5
    Holy Paladin: 1-2

Once again, Priests are the best PvE healers in game, and will remain so. Don't state otherwise because you are: A) Wrong, B) Misinformed.

So....

hows Gruul's going for ya?

Priests wont be as good anymore now with downranking pretty much removed
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

I think this is a nice talent, both for pve and pvp. while it does seem a bit situational, it will definitely make pure holy priests more viable pvp wise. We will have the only arena usable soul stone in the game. as far as whether a raid would want to stack holy priests, that depends on the server population. sure maybe some raid prefer a certain number of resto shaman/pally/druid, but with all the new improvement to the other speci of those classes, you may not necessary find your specific number of druid healers or shaman healers, so in the end, you will probably still bring more priests than any of the other healing classes because the truth is, we can fulfill all roles.

More will to be seen in the beta, but one thing for sure, there will probably be more qq from the priest community if this talent went to say..paladin (half their spell book is filled with oh-sh*t buttons). So I'm just grateful that we got this, at least it's interesting, and unique for that matter. What I'm really hoping for is better graphics, duplication of power word shield is just pure fail...

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Happozai please read whats written first and maybe take some anger management classes.

As someone else said we're talking about WotLK not BC.

Priest are not the best MT healer and we are not the best raid healer - it all depends on the fight and to an extent the skill. But if your priests are the best MT healer and the best raid healer and you think you only need priests then you should probably find yourself a new guild and try to do an instance other than Kara. Druids, shammies and pallies are all terrific healers and to max out a raids healing ability you really need to mix up the healing classes.

1) Priests are the most versatile raid healers - yes for the moment (until WotLK)
    2) Priests have the widest array of types of heals. -yes for the moment (until WotLK)
    3) Priests can effectively be both the best MT healer, or best Raid group healers. - nope. Have you played warcraft?
    4) Priests are mobile healers - wow I didnt know that I could cast greater heals while moving -thanks for lettin us all know that!! you're awesome!
    5) Priests are incredibly mana efficient healers -right cause pallies always run out of mana after the first 30 secs and druid inervates gives back health.

Stop trying to force your opinion on others. Its nice to get different perspectives and see what people have to say.

I'm actually really excited about this - it may end up sucking or it could be really useful depending on the mechanics. Has anyone used in during an instance on the trial server?

Quote Originally Posted by Elicium

I'm actually really excited about this - it may end up sucking or it could be really useful depending on the mechanics. Has anyone used in during an instance on the trial server?
    I did. Yes, it worked well on the ret pally that pulled aggro. It's a good " oh shit" button. However, it just doesn't feel like a 51 pt talent. I would rather have this trained and get something that feels like an actual 51 point talent. Or, at least move this up in the tree. Also, it has a 3 minute cd. I think that is a bit too long. One minute, two, at the most, would be preferable. I'm only 71, so I haven't got to play around with all the new shinies yet. However, so far, I'm not really excited about the changes. Maybe once I get closer to 80. /shrug

Like I said above I have tested it alot in beta and while yes the animation does suck the mechanics of it are really nice.

Its basically a anti tank death spell not only for the killing blow but for the healing increase. Say a boss stuns, slap this on just before the stun and not only is everyones hots ticking for tons it also prevents the tank from dying.

In the beta I have only had a chance to use it in 5 mans and the outside world and its really nice for when a player has done something stupid or taking alot of damage and you dont think your normal heals can cut it. It almost feels like what they intended PW:S to be. I really like it, its nice to have an instant panic button to use on yourself also if needed.

Unfortunately it doesnt work for fall damage

one thing for certain, guardian spirit talent will never be trainable. in pvp especially, it will be like every priest have two health bars, kill them once, guardian dies, kill them twice, maybe they will die but by then...you (the attacker) might be dead already. Discipline PS priests with this will be too OP, same goes for shadow priests with dispersion. i just can't imagine.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Improved Improved Death (So not only can you spec AND glyph to improve death, you can improve it AGAIN)

Improved Lolwell (Lolwell)

Fail.

There is nothing wrong with Guardian Spirit, it will save tanks during AoE silences and Fears, will add emergency buttons to the priest's arsenal and will make Druids and Paladins, who have few to no emergency tanking buttons compared to Warriors, more viable in more tanking encounters.

Sure it could be better considering it's the 51 pt. Talent, but your idea is atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by shyg
    Improved Improved Death (So not only can you spec AND glyph to improve death, you can improve it AGAIN)
    Does this mean the spam from priests will increase?

Priest has died.
    Priest had died.
    Priest gets Brez.
    Priest has died.
    Priest has died.
    Priest uses Soulstone.
    Priest has died.
    Priest has died.

... >_>

And, although I'm not an expert when it comes to priests (I only know what my friends tell me) I think it's pretty versatile and pretty helpful under certain circumstances.

\(~.^)/ - Lorsty the Snowman - \(^.~)/

it probably IS helpful - if only there were not that pesky short duration...

Okoto:

Again, for any raid to work you need to have a mix of healers. You can't say that priests are the best MT and raid healers. Yes, Coh is awesome but I'd like to see a raid group where the only thing you use is Coh. You need to have pallies and shammies and druids to max out your healing capacity. In BT, I was the top raid healer (full holy with Coh) but a I had a shammy that was always right behind me. Shammies are awesome raid healers.

Are you a priest? Circle of Healing, Holy Nova, Renew, Prayer of Mending, Flash Heal, Binding Heal, PW:S.
    -Really? I can move while casting a flash heal or binding heal? Oh, oh, oh, oh let me Holy Nova the entire instance PLZ!!!! Hey let me heal the MT by spamming PW:S on the boss!!! Woot!
    -Yes, some of the spells lend themselves to some mobility and in Sunwell and a few bosses in BT its critical. But to say that we can move and heal generally speaking is incorrect. Yes you can move in Coh, renew and prayer of mending, isnt the be all of being a priest.
    Other Coh, new and Prayer of mending than that I don't see what huge mobility we have compared to a paly.

"Priests are incredibly mana efficient healers -right cause pallies always run out of mana after the first 30 secs and druid inervates gives back health. "
    Yes this is called Sarcasm - look it up....of course you do need to be smarter than the average house plant to understand how it works - sorry.

I also wrote:
    "Stop trying to force your opinion on others. Its nice to get different perspectives and see what people have to say. "
    Let me explain as its seems like you may have to read everything twice to understand it. I'm saying that the odd person like you and happozai should stop being arrogant pr***s and try to bring something positive to the forums rather than randomly pissing on what other people have written.

Apoligizes for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat/Laen
    I did. Yes, it worked well on the ret pally that pulled aggro. It's a good " oh shit" button. However, it just doesn't feel like a 51 pt talent. I would rather have this trained and get something that feels like an actual 51 point talent. Or, at least move this up in the tree. Also, it has a 3 minute cd. I think that is a bit too long. One minute, two, at the most, would be preferable. I'm only 71, so I haven't got to play around with all the new shinies yet. However, so far, I'm not really excited about the changes. Maybe once I get closer to 80. /shrug
    1 minute cd ? so in pvp , rogue priest doing a cheat death + guardian spirit rota and are immortal?

Seems to me that they're currently tweaking most on DK's, mages and hunter/warlocks. And as they have said themselves they will carry on doing one/two classes at the time.

I guess priest tweaking is around the corner, and i wouldnt be suprised to see major change of talents to all priest trees. My guess is that guardian spirit will not stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Esra
    1 minute cd ? so in pvp , rogue priest doing a cheat death + guardian spirit rota and are immortal?

As I don't pvp, I was speaking from a PvE point of view. Besides, forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't most priests who arena do so as disc? If this stays as the 51 pt talent, disc priests won't have this.