Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WTB Love from blizzard plz :(

Wudup my fellow priest mates. I guess we are going to continue to be the support class in WOTLK. I look over some of these attempts to make our class better and in seeing some of the changes, i still cant grasp the concept of what blizz is doing to us.

First off, Dispersion......WTF is that Crap? Nice intent i believe on their behalf but mana for me has never been an issue....especially on long fights like Council and Illidan in BT. A NEW 51 point talent should be inserted, which it (dispersion) should replace Silence in the shadow tree and just give it to us as an ability. With that merge Physic Horror and imp Fear together and add a new talent there also.

Second....Our DPS. We dont get ANY love in that department being we are the lowest of all Cloth Dps classes in game. (taking into affect that maybe some ppl lack skill in certain ppl's raids isnt my fault at all.) Its just from what i see normally. In short we are never in the running on the meters anyway but it would be nice for us to be able to take pride in something other then keeping healers and casters with mana.

What i would like to see is a BUFF to shadow Form, changing it from 15% to 25% physical dmg decrease, stam and spell power increase. Its the demonic side of a priest, looks cool but needs to be fixed. VE should be a dot that ticks for moderate damage and have its threat lowered, otherwise its useless. Holy priest should get holy form in game WHich i think would be awesome. Most PVE/PVP priest just about get one or two shotted in raids/battlegrounds cause of the lack of stam they possess, So id suggest a 25% stam and spirit increase and 75+ healing to Holy form. Inner fire should have the charges removed or combine it into shadow/holy forms in some way through talent points. We dont possess an Aggro Drop ability unless you call fade that ability LOL and we damn near float the top of most raids threat meters.
    No new Power Word ability? Ive waited a while with beta being out and not one thing about a new POWER WORD: spell.....SIgh.

With alot of new MMO's coming out .....(some being trash) I'd hate to see a good game go to crap over ppl not being happy with their class. I hope my priest brethen take this to heart and add some pressure to blizzards plate.

Re: WTB Love from blizzard plz :(

mmmh cloth DPS'ers are:

Warlocks
    Mages

You think a class described as "Primary Healer" (whether they are or not is another issue - they surely are entitled to claim it by me) should outdamage one described as "Primary Ranged Magic Damage Dealer"?

Just curious....

nope didnt say that at all, but u dont find it strange that they made the class an actual dps framed class do you? Locks and Mages and restore their own mana, and they INDEED have aggro drops. Basically what your syaing is that a "PRIMARY healer"
    class like hmmmm lets say....Druid, shaman, pally, cant have other roles with Significant Role changes and make a huge difference in raids shouldnt be as good as they are?

That Shadow 51 pointer is a PvP skill i bet.

Dispersion is DA SUCK for Pve, should be awesome for PVP though.

You're taking the fact that you've never had mana issues in current, not quite end-of-the-line, raiding content, and concluding that you therefore will not, at level 80, in yet-unexperienced gear and raids, need extra mana regen? Good idea!

Furthermore, you're complaining that you would like to "take pride in" something more than being a mana battery? Shadow priests are (currently) most well known for their secondary effect on VT, sure... but it's not like they don't contribute +10% shadow damage, +5% all spell damage, healing via VE, AND damage dealing, also.

And still furthermore, shadow priests DO seem to be getting some significant DPS aid in new talents. Not needing to bother recasting SW:P? That's 1.5 second per 18 that you are spending doing more DPS rather than using a GCD on SW:P. HUGE! Not to mention that SW:P does more damage now (rather than having 2 ticks longer duration... a useless ability in light of Pain and Suffering). You're getting some damage boost from spirit, also, now, combined with extra mind flay/mind blast damage for over time effects on your target that you'd have on there anyways. Free damage. Top it off with harder SW crits, which don't hit you back nearly as hard as they used to.

Continuing, you complain about a lack of threat reduction, apparently, compared to mage and lock classes. Well guess what? While most locks and mages are looking at a max potential of -10% threat generation, shadow priests can get up to an incredible -55% threat generation now... and even if you don't want to spend points in shadow affinity, you are still getting -30% threat generation for a single talent point that you would have anyways.

"Most PVE/PVP priest just about get one or two shotted in raids/battlegrounds"? Laugh out freaking loud.

I can't go on any farther after having quoted that. Honestly.

I'm pretty sure a Shadow Priest isn't supposed to out damage a good warlock or mage.
    Also with this whole not being able to chug mana pots. Dispersion looks good

Priest is a great class as it is and needs little tweaking. Shadow is solid DPS, but not as great as the Mage or Warlock. Why? It's not meant to be. As you said, we're utility. If you want to see huge numbers, play a deep fire Mage. But our job IS to keep the raid with mana and provide a little bit of healing as we do damage. That's the role, and there's no way that's changing.

Also, it's completely untrue that we're 2-shotted in PVP. My Priest (S3/4 gear) is one of the hardest characters in the game to kill. I guess Resto Druids might be a bit tougher right now, but not that much. I can routinely survive attacks by 4 characters for at least 30 seconds. That's the class :V

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    Priest is a great class as it is and needs little tweaking. Shadow is solid DPS, but not as great as the Mage or Warlock. Why? It's not meant to be. As you said, we're utility. If you want to see huge numbers, play a deep fire Mage. But our job IS to keep the raid with mana and provide a little bit of healing as we do damage. That's the role, and there's no way that's changing.

Also, it's completely untrue that we're 2-shotted in PVP. My Priest (S3/4 gear) is one of the hardest characters in the game to kill. I guess Resto Druids might be a bit tougher right now, but not that much. I can routinely survive attacks by 4 characters for at least 30 seconds. That's the class :V
    That.

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    "Most PVE/PVP priest just about get one or two shotted in raids/battlegrounds"? Laugh out freaking loud.
    Totally true. My fresh lvl  70 sPriest in all greens  and barely 7k hit points is always getting two shot from people in s3+. ITS NOT FAIR!

:

I think rynegade is getting at some good points, but might have misaddressed them.

DPS scaling is garbage, and we've been trying to beat that into Blizz's brain for ages. We'd like to scale with Crit and Haste far better, in order to be comparable with other hybrids, ie feral / boomkin druids, ret pally, enh/ele shammy, you get the point.

We bring utility, but we're a liabilty with our dmg output. Damage is getting buffed, but not in line with the buffs other utility are getting.

Finally, the mention of no new SW: spells is disappointing. Same rotation as we played all through TBC (excluding the reapp of SW:P). I like my shadow priest, but I'd also like a bit of a change in rotation.

All of these points have been brought up and discussed at length at shadowpriest.com, with some decent theorycrafting numbers to back all of them up. If you are on the Beta, make sure Blizz sees it, over and over. Maybe if they see it enough, the shadow spec will get a "polish pass" like mages did.

Quote Originally Posted by rambat
    Totally true. My fresh lvl 70 sPriest in all greens and barely 7k hit points is always getting two shot from people in s3+. ITS NOT FAIR!

:
    Lol'd

It's fucking fair, we got s3/s4 and u got....greenies! Go get some welfare epics and u will be fine
    And PVE priests is jummy for me, check my amory below. But disc priests, lack of sta ? dude they got like 13k selbuffed,so if u had this "holy form" in 70 it would mean a priest would end up with around 15 k if he specced right, he will be holy tho but I hardly see any "lack" in stamina there.
    It's all about gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Deos
    LOL Rogues with light bulbs.. WTF blizzard, that kinda makes so "much sense" for stealthy ninjas. Why dont you put neon strings there, ringbells all around and a spinning flashing police lighbulb projector on the head "weeeeu-weeeeu-weeeeu, rogue incoming!!", that would hit the nail srsly

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    I'm pretty sure a Shadow Priest isn't supposed to out damage a good warlock or mage.
    Also with this whole not being able to chug mana pots. Dispersion looks good
    well ofc not but even best dmg sp would get 1k more dps then he would be pair with average destro lock. Correction to OP post: if you check wws reports of the end game you see priest is least danage dealing class in the game, And now they take our utility away and give other classes upgraded versions... GREAT PLAY BY BLIZZ!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    rofl! that was great

C'mon, qq more. Priests were the most retardfriendly pve healing class in TBC, now its the druids' turn.

i have no idea what carpalo is saying, oh and seriously OP health...
    you basically want a bear form like buff to health for no reason or with no downsides and charges taken off a spell designed specifically so it doesnt cost a ton of mana and now it will take 30 hits with glyphs.
    Priests have plenty of health, its based on gear you know so it's up to you to get it not be handed it.
    I actually don't see any other class getting such blatant straight damage increase talents as a priest.
    They won't do as much damage but they should make up some ground however scalng will likely kill them their spells are high damage for quick cast with high crit damage and chance, their weakness is they have no slow cast spell but their burst is really kinda ridiculous.
    Disc/holy DPS apparently does more damage only having no raid synergy sinks it as well as it's not mana efficient.
    Noone is getting as many PVP buffs as s priests, 70% all shadow spell pushback reduction, they can break slows snares every fade, a horrify fear, and a 6 sec self healing ice block type spell.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    LOL! I couldn't think of a more perfect response!

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    i have no idea what carpalo is saying, oh and seriously OP health...
    you basically want a bear form like buff to health for no reason or with no downsides and charges taken off a spell designed specifically so it doesnt cost a ton of mana and now it will take 30 hits with glyphs.
    Priests have plenty of health, its based on gear you know so it's up to you to get it not be handed it.
    I actually don't see any other class getting such blatant straight damage increase talents as a priest.
    They won't do as much damage but they should make up some ground however scalng will likely kill them their spells are high damage for quick cast with high crit damage and chance, their weakness is they have no slow cast spell but their burst is really kinda ridiculous.
    Disc/holy DPS apparently does more damage only having no raid synergy sinks it as well as it's not mana efficient.
    Noone is getting as many PVP buffs as s priests, 70% all shadow spell pushback reduction, they can break slows snares every fade, a horrify fear, and a 6 sec self healing ice block type spell.
    You dont seem like you are playing a priest. You are kind a right OP ideas were all pretty much full of itself but if you really wanna know what did i ment you should pay a visit to shadowpriest.com there is pretty good topics and calculations about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostemplar
    mmmh cloth DPS'ers are:

Warlocks
    Mages

You think a class described as "Primary Healer" (whether they are or not is another issue - they surely are entitled to claim it by me) should outdamage one described as "Primary Ranged Magic Damage Dealer"?

Just curious....
    Are you one of those people who still hasn't changed his opinions about raid-dps since before BC came out?