Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: WTB Love from blizzard plz :(

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    I'm pretty sure a Shadow Priest isn't supposed to out damage a good warlock or mage.
    Also with this whole not being able to chug mana pots. Dispersion looks good
    This. I have a feeling most of the people who trash Dispersion from PvE standpoint are forgetting that they won't have the luxury of 3 or more Mana Pots per Boss.

I dont think that most ppl hate dispersion it is decent but the problems SP`s are facing are located else where like in mindflay.

15+ Year Old Account

Shadowpriests dps should never reach the same dps as "pure" dps classes - HOWEVER... if said dps classes get similar "helping" abilities (and we know they are) to a shadow priest then I would say its on its own right that shadow priests either got a boost to match their dps, or got a load of new helping / healing abilities to balance out.

...and its not balancing that a priest can heal if they go out of shadowform - a shadowpriest should not have to go out of shadowform unless its a last resort.

Mindflay should be 40 yard range or 35 at least. Only reason it has such a slow range atm is because they added a slowing effect - which almost removes the use of the slowing effect (at least imo).

Dispersion - no idea how it will be since I haven't tried it. But sounds like a good talent if shadow priests need mana in the end, and seeing as they can move around with it on then its great.

on priests in general:
    Priests are a (socalled) pure healing class, but I do however not think we have been given proper means to protect ourself; all other healing classes got better armor as basis, and they have more abilities to escape - abilities you don't have to talent to get. Priests may have more different spells, but we do not need more different spells than other healing classes as it is.
    Imo if there should be any kind of balance in this matter priests should almost be remade from scratch to get the stuff they need.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Solution: Make mind flay a trainable skill (it's so poo anyway), replace mind flay with a new ability that is at least able to crit and scales better than mind flay (57%) with spellpower, swap VE and this new skill on the talent tree.

Shadowpriest dps isn't an issue, the issue is that our non-damage over time spells scale so badly with spellpower so we get steamrolled in end game content. An easy solution is to lower the base damage and increase the coefficients. (MB and SWD has a wooping 43%!)

In my opinion the only spell that ruins the class is the spell that represents the class; Mind Flay.

Yeah, blizzard does need to revisit the WOTLK trees. BC trees are fine, so for those saying that priests are fine now need to realize that we are discussing WOTLK here.

Shadow needs a few tweaks here and there, but its pretty solid as is. Dispersion is for an end game raiding platform a pretty decent talent... 51 points, maybe not, but I can cope. Free mana/hp every 3 minutes, and a shadowfeind? Sounds good to me. Though it will have to depend on how mana intense will work in end game raiding.

Holy needs a good revamp as does Disc. Holy is missing "something new and interesting" that makes the tree unique instead of just GHeal spam.

Disc, they need to address the fact that shielding, while interesting screws over Warrior/Druid tanks with rage.

Everyone else is getting a polish, I'm sure we're up soon. Besides we're still months away from release.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynegade
    Wudup my fellow priest mates. I guess we are going to continue to be the support class in WOTLK. I look over some of these attempts to make our class better and in seeing some of the changes, i still cant grasp the concept of what blizz is doing to us.

First off, Dispersion......WTF is that Crap? Nice intent i believe on their behalf but mana for me has never been an issue....especially on long fights like Council and Illidan in BT. A NEW 51 point talent should be inserted, which it (dispersion) should replace Silence in the shadow tree and just give it to us as an ability. With that merge Physic Horror and imp Fear together and add a new talent there also.

Second....Our DPS. We dont get ANY love in that department being we are the lowest of all Cloth Dps classes in game. (taking into affect that maybe some ppl lack skill in certain ppl's raids isnt my fault at all.) Its just from what i see normally. In short we are never in the running on the meters anyway but it would be nice for us to be able to take pride in something other then keeping healers and casters with mana.

What i would like to see is a BUFF to shadow Form, changing it from 15% to 25% physical dmg decrease, stam and spell power increase. Its the demonic side of a priest, looks cool but needs to be fixed. VE should be a dot that ticks for moderate damage and have its threat lowered, otherwise its useless. Holy priest should get holy form in game WHich i think would be awesome. Most PVE/PVP priest just about get one or two shotted in raids/battlegrounds cause of the lack of stam they possess, So id suggest a 25% stam and spirit increase and 75+ healing to Holy form. Inner fire should have the charges removed or combine it into shadow/holy forms in some way through talent points. We dont possess an Aggro Drop ability unless you call fade that ability LOL and we damn near float the top of most raids threat meters.
    No new Power Word ability? Ive waited a while with beta being out and not one thing about a new POWER WORD: spell.....SIgh.

With alot of new MMO's coming out .....(some being trash) I'd hate to see a good game go to crap over ppl not being happy with their class. I hope my priest brethen take this to heart and add some pressure to blizzards plate.
    Again, another QQ from a Priest that hasn't experienced true end game raiding and has difficulty thinking outside the box.

Dispersion - 6 seconds of 90% damage reduction as well as regenerating 36% health & mana. Why would you dumb down this talent to mana regen only for PvE content? There is plenty of raid wide damage occuring in BT & Sunwell that you have no control over. Illidan's Dark Barrage & agonizing flames, Illidari Council's aoe and envenom, Kalecgos's stacking arcane debuff, Brutallus' burn & meteor slash, Felmyst's encapsulate, Eredar Twin's conflag... stop dumbing down the talent to useless mana regen, it has plenty of applications for damage reduction and staying alive in addition to extra regen. Every 3 mins, please QQ elsewhere.

DPS - News flash, priests are not a pure dps class, if you want to dop damage meters roll a dps class. How can you justify allowing a class that can heal lead dps meters or even get close to doing that? If spriests could top damage meters why take locks? Priests should offer utility not extreme dps, again QQ elsewhere.

Lack of Stam - utter garbage, perhaps you should learn to itemise your gear better? Perhaps you need to understand that some amount of stam has a dps value in that you do more dps when alive? I currently have 1361 shadow damage unbuffed with 173 haste and get well above 10K health when raid buffed. I dont' even bother with stam gear for trash anymore because I don't die. But if you're noob enough to die a lot, try wearing some stam gear for trash. Or better yet, you'll get to hit dispersion in WoTLK or you probably wont take that talent lol.

VE and threat - I currently have imp VE for sunwell because of the amount of raid damage that occurs. For Brutallus i'm able to put VE up constantly from the 1st second of the encounter and do 1500 dps and I have no threat issues. If you are having threat issues in your content, get another tank. The only threat issue i've had is for Felmyst so far and that's coz there is a significant dps time when felmyst is in the air and the tank can't build threat, learn to think outside the square and utilise Tranquil Air or not refreshing VE when it makes sense.

Aggro dump - Lets just make threat a non issue and give every class an aggro dump, hell lets remove the threat mechanic all together because they might as well if they listen to you. Managing threat is part of the game, not every class is supposed to have a FD or Vanish.

Seriously, priests need to stop the QQ and start posting something constructive, all I see is "awww, why don't priests get an I win button?"

You really dont get it. Priest is lowest (yes below oomkins retardins shamans sublety rogues and everything else apart from healers and tanks.) We are not asking to top the meters but our utility was nerffed down by 60% and we got dps increase of 10 to 15%. Ok that itself doesnt sound so bad but then they gave frostmages better utility better dps. So why in hell would you take priest in raid with current build? Numbers dont lie and they even need to fix our utility or fix our dps at blizzard to make shadow something else than leveling spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    You really dont get it. Priest is lowest (yes below oomkins retardins shamans sublety rogues and everything else apart from healers and tanks.) We are not asking to top the meters but our utility was nerffed down by 60% and we got dps increase of 10 to 15%. Ok that itself doesnt sound so bad but then they gave frostmages better utility better dps. So why in hell would you take priest in raid with current build? Numbers dont lie and they even need to fix our utility or fix our dps at blizzard to make shadow something else than leveling spec.
    Spriests passively return mana. I also have a 70 frost mage and it happens a lot in 5 mans where I'll spawn my Water elemental and he'll get two shotted in like 4 seconds. With our new damage buff there is no way any other class will even come close to the mana return an Spriest will provide.

Not to mention, WE HAVE NOT RAIDED IN THE BETA. For all we know we might need VT AND Frost Mage's water elemental to be able to chain cast. There's so many factors that are unforseen that you cannot even come close to predicting. Who knows our t7 t8 & t9 might be so loaded with haste and spell damage that we might just blow up the charts. Who knows, we don't so why complain and worry about something that you cannot prove.

Also, people say that Spriests are going to do crap damage still. That may be true but as it has been said before we are not a dps class. Looking at the game as a whole it is not fair to give a hybrid class the best aspects of the game. Pure dps is always going to do more damage if your not happy with that you honestly need to stop playing an Spriest. Be excited that our damage is getting buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    I also have a 70 frost mage and it happens a lot in 5 mans where I'll spawn my Water elemental and he'll get two shotted in like 4 seconds.
    Hmm, I do also play a 70 frost mage twink. MY water elemental hardly dies...
    With our new damage buff there is no way any other class will even come close to the mana return an Spriest will provide.
    Well, I guess we will see it sooner or later if that is true, or not =D
    Not to mention, WE HAVE NOT RAIDED IN THE BETA. For all we know we might need VT AND Frost Mage's water elemental to be able to chain cast. There's so many factors that are unforseen that you cannot even come close to predicting. Who knows our t7 t8 & t9 might be so loaded with haste and spell damage that we might just blow up the charts. Who knows, we don't so why complain and worry about something that you cannot prove.
    Perfectly true

Quote Originally Posted by dionadar
    Hmm, I do also play a 70 frost mage twink. MY water elemental hardly dies...
    I didn't mean all the time, every once and a while he might get hit by a bosses spell or something like that. He only has like what 3k-4k health?

My only complaint is the direction of the Disc. tree. It kind of eludes me at the moment. Penance is about the last thing I'd have wished for, and I don't like the cooldown alteration on Pain Suppresion, that's just kind of bullshit with all of the new melee and Hunter potency while we can't even get a good reworking of Inner Fire.

And yes, we should have a baseline Silence. I don't mind anything else, even spirit, being spec'd for. But no Silence as a caster kind of bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostemplar
    mmmh cloth DPS'ers are:

Warlocks
    Mages

You think a class described as "Primary Healer" (whether they are or not is another issue - they surely are entitled to claim it by me) should outdamage one described as "Primary Ranged Magic Damage Dealer"?

Just curious....
    Enchancement and Elemental shamans are also support classes with way better dps.
    Also "primary healer" class is healer and nothing else and is easy replaceable by other healing classes.
    Imagine fights without blessings, totems, heroism, then imagine it without holy priest.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace