Retri Pala and Rerolling for Lich King

I have a Pala and a Rogue (Horde).

And a Mage, Warlock and a Druid (Alliance).

I'm struggling with what I want to play (or at least make my main in Lich King). Is anyone else having similar problems?

I generally focus on PvP over raiding, though I'll probably raid the 10-man dungeons in a casual guild of mostly friends. The Pala is my main right now (Retri) and I recently rolled the Druid for fun, since it's a class I have never really gotten to play. Obviously, it's hard to tell how the classes are going to pan out, but I have to admit, Retribution was very much un-fun for a long time and I don't want to be stuck in the same situation in Lich King. Yes, I did do other Pala things; tanking as a Pala was great in PvE (I used to raid more seriously), but heal-botting was lame. Because of the lore, I'm tempted to stick with my Pala as Retri for Lich King; I like the whole Pala - Death Knight dichotomy.

The Rogue is almost definitely out, I see very few changes so far that excite me in the least, and my Rogue is boring me in BC. I've also gotten away from playing DPS caster classes, so the Mage and Lock are probably out, too...

I also have to consider 2v2 and 3v3 PvP comps and what my roommate has to play - Mage, Hunter, Rogue - because the main reason I play WoW is to play with him. Other friends have Hunter, Warlock, and Druid at 70.

I'll probably end up just waiting and seeing, but I wish I could see a little clearer how the classes are going to interact while there's plenty of time to reroll a fresh toon. Any insight from players out there? Maybe I'll try Holy Pala @ 80 for PvP or something new.

Re: Retri Pala and Rerolling for Lich King

Well bud, I'm partial here.

Quite frankly I'd main your druid. There is some sweet shit for them in Wrath, and they rock so hard now anyway.

Paladins, I just find somewhat boring, even though they will be pretty central to Wrath.

But my main is a rogue, so I guess I can't speak for you there as to the "boringness" of rogues.

I would honestly use your druid. They fuck people up in PvP if you're good and a good druid can find arena teams so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Keelie
    I have a Pala and a Rogue (Horde).

And a Mage, Warlock and a Druid (Alliance).

I'm struggling with what I want to play (or at least make my main in Lich King). Is anyone else having similar problems?

I generally focus on PvP over raiding, though I'll probably raid the 10-man dungeons in a casual guild of mostly friends. The Pala is my main right now (Retri) and I recently rolled the Druid for fun, since it's a class I have never really gotten to play. Obviously, it's hard to tell how the classes are going to pan out, but I have to admit, Retribution was very much un-fun for a long time and I don't want to be stuck in the same situation in Lich King. Yes, I did do other Pala things; tanking as a Pala was great in PvE (I used to raid more seriously), but heal-botting was lame. Because of the lore, I'm tempted to stick with my Pala as Retri for Lich King; I like the whole Pala - Death Knight dichotomy.

The Rogue is almost definitely out, I see very few changes so far that excite me in the least, and my Rogue is boring me in BC. I've also gotten away from playing DPS caster classes, so the Mage and Lock are probably out, too...

I also have to consider 2v2 and 3v3 PvP comps and what my roommate has to play - Mage, Hunter, Rogue - because the main reason I play WoW is to play with him. Other friends have Hunter, Warlock, and Druid at 70.

I'll probably end up just waiting and seeing, but I wish I could see a little clearer how the classes are going to interact while there's plenty of time to reroll a fresh toon. Any insight from players out there? Maybe I'll try Holy Pala @ 80 for PvP or something new.
    ret paladins are getting alot of changes in WotLK, as well are druids

my advice is . do not delete any of you characters
    play them all and test each ones new skills in the expac

and which ever one play style you like the most have all those other characters send there quest leveling moeny to you favorite and buy a cool new Passanger mount

why would he delete hes chars... that would be waste.

Anyways i would personally try out holy pala with new changes looks pretty neat on small arenas with retri holy spec.

I generally focus on PvP over raiding, though I'll probably raid the 10-man dungeons in a casual guild of mostly friends. The Pala is my main right now (Retri) and I recently rolled the Druid for fun, since it's a class I have never really gotten to play. Obviously, it's hard to tell how the classes are going to pan out, but I have to admit, Retribution was very much un-fun for a long time and I don't want to be stuck in the same situation in Lich King.
    The feedback I could give you right now as a Beta player is that what I've seen in the Beta regarding the Ret. Paladin changes is just awesome. We have more utility, a sleeker and easier Seal / Judgement system which is less of a hassle to use and we deal a whole lot more damage.

Overall playing my Paladin has become alot more enjoyable.

The question is ofcourse, can this situation change before Wrath of the Lich King goes live? It could, and at the moment I can definatly see them nerfing the Retribution damage output by atleast 10-20%. But a damage nerf will not reintroduce mechanics that used to make our class so tedious to play.

A viable setup would be Retribution Paladin / Rogue for 2v2. And for 3v3 you have the Ret. Paladin / Resto. Druid / Rogue combination. Both of these combinations are good at the moment (TBC) and with the heavy changes to the Paladin and Druid class I can only see the combination grow even stronger.

Should you play a Paladin? We can't answer that question for you, and you should go with whatever feels right for you at the time. I'm certain that for alot of people the decision will be made after they patched WOTLK and they see their character creation overview screen again.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Thanks for the input.

We play Ret/Rogue and Ret/Mage and we played a little Ret Hunter, all with varying levels of success (1600-1800) - we also play Rogue/Rogue and Rogue/Mage and I play War/Ret/Druid and War/Ret/Resto Shaman on 3s, so I realize there's good teams for Arena. I've respecced Holy and am starting to get my gear together, only about 4 more pieces to go, so I'll have fun with that for awhile, and see how it goes.

Thanks!

From what I've seen so far in TBC, Retriladins became a lot more enjoyable and fun to play. As Mr. Rawberry said, they made the judgements more functional and easily manageable, and fixed most mana problems by that. My paladins is pushing out 8k SoC judgements, which is 5k mana back ^^

I hope they don't nerf the damage output too far. I mean, yeah, it's ridiculous now and fun to see videos of, but even with Judgements giving mana back, I hope we have enough sheer burst to make up for our lack of a Mortal Strike. Not that I want Mortal Crusader Strike.

You play druid
    friend 1 plays rogue
    friend 2 plays warlock

RLD 3s and rogue/warlock + druid for 2s

win win

As another bonus druid can do lots so it's harder to get left with nothing to do

I've got a 70 retdin / 70 lock currently lvling rogue / druid which will be 70 before wotlk easy. I've got the same issue then you have. What to role.
    I think i am just going to try to level my paladin or lock first and then try a DK just to see their dynamics and skills. The new option that you can have 2 specs is so awesome for hybrid classes, So switching between ret and holy/ prot will be awesome. Same for druid feral/healing and boomkin hehe.