Best PVE raid spec!?

Opinions on best hunter raid PVE spec plocks.

Here's what i came up with.

Any opinions from endgame hunters would be greatly appreciated ! thanks

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunt...10253105031351

Re: Best PVE raid spec!?

Why Focused Aim? In Raids there are not many occasions for spell pushback. I would instead learn GftT or Rapid Killing (at best both of them).

In BC Beastmaster was the raid spec because of the quite good 1:1 rota.
    Now survival has a lot of support for the group (mana reg) and the raid (ew)

I would stick with 51/15/5 or 5/15/51 for raids.

You don't think MM will be good in WOTLK?

MM has litte support for raids, namely TSA.

If TSA gives 225 AP with Level 80, which equals 16 dps (for autoswing/shot),
    Fericious Inspiration gives 3% more damage. With 2000 dps (which isn't much
    right now) it gives 60dps => 840 AP.

Expose Weakness gives 200++ AP for the whole raid, not only the group.

So the MM needs to dish out a LOT more damage than the other specs to be
    useful in raids.

In Damage i see the bm doing a little bit more than the mm (because of the pet) and survival not far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Timorgoth
    Why Focused Aim? In Raids there are not many occasions for spell pushback. I would instead learn GftT or Rapid Killing (at best both of them).
    You will NEED Wf totem to get Steady cast time back to it's 1.5s GCD cap. Other then that, any additional Haste will work purely for Auto-Shot, which is expected to be 25-30% of your DPS. Meaning Rapid Killing and iAotH are both useless (not to mention that with current, albeit not final, mana costs you'll be using AotV anyway as non-BM)

Deleted

i think 1 SV hunter is must in 1 raid grp because of the mana return :
    like shadow priest now

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunt...00000000000000

If you want to boost raid and keep nice DPS;]

Imp. Hunter's Mark will grant 300AP for melee (beta version of HM gives 300 base AP).

It's ~775DPS for raid (same as good geared survival now)

Exposse Weakness will grant ~500AP (honestly, you can get ~1750agi now nerfing your dps completly, so 2000 raid buffed (assuming you'll ALWAYS have GoA totem (now merged with SoE)), which is ~1300DPS

Potent Venom, 3% dps increase.

Hunting Party, I think no comment is needed.

Careful Aim, should give you ~400RAP if not more.

Now good geared and specced survival hunter can get ~930agi unbuff and still do ~1500/600DPS (depending on your spec and gear ofc). This is ~1250agi raid buffed, giving us 315AP for whole raid, which as stated above is ~775DPS. With imp. Hunter's Mark it's ~1000DPS. So Survival now puts ~2.6k DPS nice? In WotLK our dps will increase at least twice.

3000+1300+775... count yourself;P

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunt...00000000000000

If you want to boost raid and keep nice DPS;]

Imp. Hunter's Mark will grant 300AP for melee (beta version of HM gives 300 base AP).

It's ~775DPS for raid (same as good geared survival now)
    I'm not sure how you've calculated 775 DPS, this would imply somewhere about 15 physical DDs

Now good geared and specced survival hunter can get ~930agi unbuff and still do ~1500/600DPS (depending on your spec and gear ofc). This is ~1250agi raid buffed, giving us 315AP for whole raid, which as stated above is ~775DPS. With imp. Hunter's Mark it's ~1000DPS. So Survival now puts ~2.6k DPS nice? In WotLK our dps will increase at least twice.

3000+1300+775... count yourself;P
    Every Hunter is able to provide imp. Hunters Mark, and a second survival hunter doesn't provide the same dmg-boost.

12 physical dps with tanks and pets

From where? official Hunter forums...

Ok survival does less dmg than other specs, and HM can be taken by anyone, it's still 4300DPS in not BEST gear... think some1 else can do that?;> Not to mention that 1AP will now give more effective DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    You will NEED Wf totem to get Steady cast time back to it's 1.5s GCD cap. Other then that, any additional Haste will work purely for Auto-Shot, which is expected to be 25-30% of your DPS. Meaning Rapid Killing and iAotH are both useless (not to mention that with current, albeit not final, mana costs you'll be using AotV anyway as non-BM)
    As far as i know lower haste effects the gdc. Even with specced WF totem you are at 1,68 (or so), so there is still room for haste.

As far as i know lower haste effects the gdc. Even with specced WF totem you are at 1,68 (or so), so there is still room for haste.
    Been tested, Haste rating only works for spell GCD. Steady Shot is an ability.
    On the other hand, Quiver speed has been reported to effect Steady cast time, so 2 / (1.15 * 1.16) = 1.5 exactly.

12 physical dps with tanks and pets

From where? official Hunter forums...

Ok survival does less dmg than other specs, and HM can be taken by anyone, it's still 4300DPS... think some1 else can do that?;> Not to mention that 1AP will now give more effective DPS.
    Yes, one survival hunter seems to be a must for a raid, as the first paladin or shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Been tested, Haste rating only works for spell GCD. Steady Shot is an ability.
    On the other hand, Quiver speed has been reported to effect Steady cast time, so 2 / (1.15 * 1.16) = 1.5 exactly.
    According to wowwiki and wowhead steady does not have a gdc, just a cast time.

Been playin beta since day one, got an endgame hunter, specced every talent tree while raiding and now specced every tree in Wotlk, here is an opinion:

*BM is like it used to be; fast dps and a good amount of dps from ya pet. In numbers well if you used to spam 2k-2.5k steady shots you will now spam 3k-3.5k steady shots.The reduce cd of bestial wrath is very nice, it feels like the cooldown is gone in no time . the exotic pet talents has no pets that will improve your dps or boost the raid /party.
    I wasnt impressed, this one surely is not the best spec.

*MM had some nice boosts wich make it nice for pve but is it enough to out dps those damn warlocks, well you have a chance to shoot an extra arrow a fair amount of dmg cause you packing loads of atp power in MM. *Imp steady has a 15% chance to get extra dmg on 1shot, fair considering we shoot alot. *5% dmg increase from marked targets also nice boost if you think the BM boost only gievs 3%. what can i say, MM thinks only of himself makin his bullets shoot hard and deep but has almost no raid boosts. I also went oom rather fast.
    One thing i gotta say: Chimera shot is very very good, each of its unique skills is awesome.Scorpid sting makes a 20k hit become a 8 k hit This is a lifesaver and tanks will appreciate this.

*Surv: Ahum, i rofl, lmao and was stunned when i saw what crits i got in survival!
    This been like the "not so good tree" of the hunters, i could be wrong but most hunters didnt like it, me neither. But now... omg. Ill tell you how i experience it in a lvl 78 instance:
    A giant elite lvl 78 gets tanked;I put down a bear trap ( best trap ever, does not break when you dps the trapped target ) so i get 6% extra crit, then i track giants, this will add *5% extra dps. i shoot a sting into it and get *3% extra dps and then i go out of 30 yards range to get the *6% extra dps. I allready have more crit cause of the 15% agil boost, add the 6% from traps,each ranged attack as a chance of giving me another 10% crit and then you crit... 100% to expose weakness ( Raidbuff!!!),100 % chance for 40% mana regain, and 100% chance for hunting party wich boosts every class in your party.
    This is awesome and really sounds like a pve spec. You will get high crits if you go down 10 points in mm for the 30 critdmg increase and you will gain alot from the 3 *** in the text above wich is a 14% dps increase. As a lvl 77 i do 5-7 k steady shots on lvl 70 elite and around 4.5 k on lvl 78 elites.
    Spoiler lol : All hunters will agree we not so much of an "aoe" class well Survival has the solution. We pulled 4 packs in a lvl 78 instance and when our sunwell geared pally tank had control tanking it i shot 1 arrow... and did 20 k dmg. Explosive shot is an evil skill .Does more dmg with high atp and does its dmg twice. Each target gets 2 k fire dmg and these ticks do crit,consider it only has 6 secs cd, combine that with a lvl 80 specced fire trap and aoe power is finally ours aswell.

Long post but sure some hunters will get some idea from it.

Furianbeta aka Heph

According to wowwiki and wowhead steady does not have a gdc, just a cast time.
    GCD = Global Cooldown, as in that thing that prevents Affli locks to land a bunch of dots on you all at the same time.
    Steady does not have a skill cooldown, but it does trigger GCD, as any other ability does.

Furianbeta: Explosive is supposed to tick 3 times;p

And do I read well? You said we can get 100%crit chance on raidbuff uptime? With MT ofc.

Furianbeta: Explosive is supposed to tick 3 times;p

And do I read well? You said we can get 100%crit chance on raidbuff uptime? With MT ofc.
    its a bug on beta that it only has 2 ticks as mentioned by blizzard its spose to hav 3

15+ Year Old Account

There are two "best" PvE raid specs from my knowledge.

The Beast Mastery specc that increase your personal DPS with a huge amount
    The Survival specc that increase the raids DPS with a small amount (but since you are 25 in a raid it's alot)